Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

COZY FM WCZY (Smooth Jazz & New Age)

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
matt1

COZY FM WCZY (Smooth Jazz & New Age)

Post by matt1 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:25 am

Back in March or April of 1994 till early July of 1994, (COZY FM 104.3 FM) WCZY in Mount Pleasant, MI was back then a Smooth Jazz & New Age radio station (with also DJ's that named the song at the end). In July of 1994, that station switched to a soft rock Adult Contemporary station & I was pissed!! One of the songs that station played was former instrumental group Wind Machine song "Song For The Children" (from 1985 "Rain Maiden"). I did not knew who they were but the DJ at the end of that song said the artist name in 1994 because in late 1991 till February of 1994, there was NO DJ's that announce the song & artist at the end. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuUYafG ... hine-Topic There are 2 more instrumental songs that I liked on COZY FM BUT "Accuradio" does NOT have those 2 songs. I also tried "SiriusXM" BUT that did not work. One of the songs that I heard sounded like the late Herbie Mann, Hubert Laws or Tim Weisberg playing the flute (at the beginning of the song was bing, bing, bing & then the flute came in) BUT I don't know the smooth jazz song because it was played during the Detroit Tigers radio breaks back in the mid to late 70's either on 760 AM WJR Detroit OR 790 WSGW in Saginaw. The other song that I heard on COZY FM sounds like a Japanese keyboard player with flute & an fender rhodes guitar (in the middle of the song) & there is a flute fart at the end of the song. Also former DJ Jim Hughes had the World & National News at 7:00 in the morning & also at 12 Noon spocered by Isabella Bank & Trust "Your Hometown Friend". I also went to Apple iTunes BUT that did not help. Can somebody help me out on this????? :?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic