Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Sports journalism recruiting

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
Soundchaser

Re: Sports journalism recruiting

Post by Soundchaser » Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:57 pm

Soundchaser wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:35 pm
Herm wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:37 pm
Soundchaser wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:57 pm
Under New Management wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:22 pm
Soundchaser, you Sinklair wannabe. Stick to what you know… which is apparently very little.

Hodak was absolutely behind Greg and Ryan’s departures. Her petty vendettas cost two of the very best sports journalists their jobs. Finally Gray had enough of her BS and showed her the door. How she was able to weasel her way into a Meredith-turned-Gray newsroom is beyond many of her former coworkers who were glad to see her gone.
If they would have behaved, they would most likely still be there.
WT actual F does this mean?
It means that the on the job behaviour of one of the persons mentioned was no longer tolerated. The others oustside work behaviour caught up to him and he was let go. Simple.
This is all very old news. Known by most people that worked at 12 during that period in time. I'm sure the stories have been told since many times. The only reason it's brought up now is because of people that don't know what the F they are talking about. I'll say it again, Hodak had nothing to do with the release of those two. No vendetta, no master plan. Nothing. Those guys burned themselves up.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:14 pm

Soundchaser likes to blame the victims. He probably says the Flint Water Crisis wouldn’t have been so bad if Flint residents would have avoided drinking any water in the first place.

Soundchaser

Post by Soundchaser » Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:03 pm

sinklair wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:14 pm
Soundchaser likes to blame the victims.

Wow! A moment of clarity!
They were both victims of their own dimise.

bobhuge

Post by bobhuge » Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:29 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:39 am
Serious question regarding local sports coverage: is it even necessary other than for high school sports? For hs sports, it is very much necessary, but major college and pro sports highlights are very much accessible. This is not a defense of gutting sports departments by inept management by any means.
sure. same could be said for local news. i get 3 hours of the same national crap over and over from 4pm until 7pm, with a touch of local sprinkled in. Or worse yet, news that really isn't news; some story about a kitten breast feeding from a dog while they're both stuck in a tree. they blanket some communities and ignore others. i have to jump between 5, 12 and 25 to get the most complete picture i can. :(

AuburnViewer

Post by AuburnViewer » Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:36 pm

On the 6:00 TV5 news tonight they had a story about tomorrow night's Spirit game but were showing Firebirds highlights in the background. The only connection was they were playing the Spirit in the highlights.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:22 am

I know WWMT the weekend anchor does the sports too cheap to hire a weekend sports anchor, WOOD TV, FOX17, WZZM have weekend sports anchors. Andy Pepper who is the sports anchor M-F does also anchor the news as a fill-in.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Chip

Post by Chip » Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:31 pm

MasterB wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:22 am
I know WWMT the weekend anchor does the sports too cheap to hire a weekend sports anchor, WOOD TV, FOX17, WZZM have weekend sports anchors. Andy Pepper who is the sports anchor M-F does also anchor the news as a fill-in.
TV5 was doing that a lot with Jason Fielder before he left and Gray hired two new people.

SD45

Post by SD45 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:46 pm

High school sports arent the same in Flint and Saginaw anymore. Alot of schools have closed over the years. The Saginaw Valley League was alot better 20 years ago.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic