Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Fan Boy Custer

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
Matt

Re: Fan Boy Custer

Post by Matt » Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:54 am

sinklair wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:19 pm
Hey Matt, glad you are back in the world of the living. I can always count on you to spout BS and take posts off topic! Wishing you a very Happy Holidays!
Stink, my initial response was saying there was nothing wrong with what the douche reporter did, which everyone but you agrees with.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:54 am

Oh, but my boy Matthew, that’s simply not the case…

You see I have many people from all three stations reaching out to me to let me know about the goings on at 5, 12, and 25-66.

And I know in your world view, that it’s easier for you, Soundchaser, Herm, BTS, Kager, MasterB, and other management apologists to believe that I’m the one and only person concerned about the low pay, low morale, high turnover, lack of journalistic standards at Flint-Saginaw TV stations. I know it’s easier for you to believe that only one person is feeding FTV Live information and photos from all three stations. I know it’s easier for you to believe that if we just stopped talking about the problems, magically unicorns would fly out of our butts and everything would be fixed. But that’s simply not the case.

You can believe that there’s nothing wrong with what Custer posted. There are many people who work alongside the Cher and Biden fan boy that disagree with you.

And if you really thought this is much ado about nothing, you’d probably would move on with your lives as opposed to the constant attacks on my/our characters. As I’ve mentioned before, that the more you push back, the more we know that we are striking a chord. And the more we will continue to post heading into 2023. Something I know the GMs like Brock, Becky and Ken hate… only as much as News Directors like Karin, Jayne, and whoever the intern of the day who is sitting in 12’s office obsess about the postings here because they hit way too close to home.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:06 am

You going to start your own website Stinklair on the going on's at the Flint TV stations it will be a hit and be a top website around the country you'd be the local Scott Jones. I'd read it and have my popcorn out.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:40 am

Why start another website when all my “friends” are right here? Scott Jones’ website doesn’t allow people to “keep it real” like the Buzzboard.

Herm

Post by Herm » Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:21 am

sinklair wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:54 am
Oh, but my boy Matthew, that’s simply not the case…

You see I have many people from all three stations reaching out to me to let me know about the goings on at 5, 12, and 25-66.

And I know in your world view, that it’s easier for you, Soundchaser, Herm, BTS, Kager, MasterB, and other management apologists to believe that I’m the one and only person concerned about the low pay, low morale, high turnover, lack of journalistic standards at Flint-Saginaw TV stations. I know it’s easier for you to believe that only one person is feeding FTV Live information and photos from all three stations. I know it’s easier for you to believe that if we just stopped talking about the problems, magically unicorns would fly out of our butts and everything would be fixed. But that’s simply not the case.

You can believe that there’s nothing wrong with what Custer posted. There are many people who work alongside the Cher and Biden fan boy that disagree with you.

And if you really thought this is much ado about nothing, you’d probably would move on with your lives as opposed to the constant attacks on my/our characters. As I’ve mentioned before, that the more you push back, the more we know that we are striking a chord. And the more we will continue to post heading into 2023. Something I know the GMs like Brock, Becky and Ken hate… only as much as News Directors like Karin, Jayne, and whoever the intern of the day who is sitting in 12’s office obsess about the postings here because they hit way too close to home.
You are grossly mischaracterizing my positions on the issues that have been discussed. Just because someone disagrees with you, doesn’t make them a “management apologist”.
I hope you also aren’t lumping me into the attacks on your character crowd. Again, that is something I have not done. Meanwhile, you continue to mention me by name in posts that aren’t replies to my statements. In almost all of those instances, it has been to disparage me and my opinions.
You want to debate points about broadcasting and journalism, that sounds great! But I’ve told you before, and I’ll tell you again now… don’t mention my name in any negative sort of way.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:50 am

So Herm you think it’s OK to constantly attack my positions and not have anyone question yours? Yeah, OK…

If you don’t want to be brought into conversations you jumped in to, feel free to keep opinions to yourself. Or don’t. Your choice.

Deleted User 15555

Post by Deleted User 15555 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:45 am

I don’t have an issue with your comments on pay or the state of the industry.

My problem is you are dramatic about small things like a picture with the most powerful person on the planet and like to think you know things about other stations that you really don’t.

Herm

Post by Herm » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:54 am

sinklair wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:50 am
So Herm you think it’s OK to constantly attack my positions and not have anyone question yours? Yeah, OK…

If you don’t want to be brought into conversations you jumped in to, feel free to keep opinions to yourself. Or don’t. Your choice.
Disagreeing with you is not attacking your positions, it’s just not sharing them. Question my positions all you, or anyone else, like! But that’s not what you did. You mentioned me by name and then attached a position (one that I have never taken) to that name.

Soundchaser

Post by Soundchaser » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:35 pm

Herm wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:54 am
sinklair wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:50 am

Disagreeing with you is not attacking your positions, it’s just not sharing them. Question my positions all you, or anyone else, like! But that’s not what you did. You mentioned me by name and then attached a position (one that I have never taken) to that name.
Stink thinks that everything that comes out of his mouth is gold. That he, and he alone has his finger on the pulse of the local broadcasting scene. The arbiter of TV journalism. All that and a bag of chips. Yet, he's not even in the business anymore.
Imagine that. We are in the presence of greatness but he couldn't make it in Flint. Why not just go to 12 where the money was? They have been looking for saviours like you for some time now. I guess he wasn't smart enough to just move across town. Such a pity.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:40 pm

Stink just can't accept his L.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:01 am

Look at the last two topic posts. I find it amazing the amount of effort that many Buzzboard posters will take to criticize me. Yet they offer up ZERO ideas on the actual topic… how to improve the quality of journalism at local TV stations.

Gaslight me all you want. The fact is many of you are making wrong assumptions about my background and current involvement in the broadcasting industry. If you rubbed your two collective brain cells together you’d realize that I’m still very connected to local media in a way that keeps me much more informed about the goings on at 5, 12, and 25-66…

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:49 am

We've all told you that you are wrong. There is no issue here. Please accept your L.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:33 am

Oh, but I’m not. If management at TV5 was just as concerned with fixing the editorial lapses with David as they are decorating desks, this wouldn’t even be an issue.

Deleted User 15555

Post by Deleted User 15555 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:11 am

Literally no one on earth cares about this other than Stinky. Sad.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:21 am

Don’t be sad, BTS. I appreciate you

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic