Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

From Iowa to Lansing

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

From Iowa to Lansing

Post by sinklair » Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:12 am

We’ll Karin finally picked Stephanie Parkinson’s replacement to be second fiddle to Dave Bondy.

It’s Stella Daskalakis from KTIV in Sioux City, Iowa.

https://www.ktiv.com/authors/Stella.Daskalakis@gray.tv/

She’s also represented by Bondy’s agent, Mort Meisner.

You know how well our last anchor , Sadie Hughes, worked out for WEYI. (I think she’s still suing Sinclair over her firing three years ago.)

Welcome to Flint, Stella. If the gunshots on Pierson Road don’t get you, the knife wounds from people stabbing you in the back certainly will.

The running bet in the newsroom is she lasts less than two years before fleeing Flint and Sinclair.

mr v

Re: From Iowa to Lansing

Post by mr v » Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:19 am

According to her bio, she has worked in Seattle and Salt Lake City. Why the big step down to Flint?

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:26 am

Seattle and Salt Lake City were reported gigs with some anchoring. So I think to be a main anchor is the reason she’ll be slumming it in Flint.

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:29 am

Something more to add on her resume!

Soundchaser

Post by Soundchaser » Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:35 am

sinklair wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:26 am
Seattle and Salt Lake City were reported gigs with some anchoring. So I think to be a main anchor is the reason she’ll be slumming it in Flint.
Oh Swami of the broadcast industry. Thank you for enlightening us with your great wisdom as to why someone takes a job.
Without it we would forever live in the dark.

whitebalance

Post by whitebalance » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:47 am

Seattle to Clio is a bit of a backwards move. I would never suggest clients go to cheap operations.

Deleted User 15867

Post by Deleted User 15867 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:17 pm

All the stations are trash. They are a horses a-s

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:15 pm

Soundchaser: I was responding to Mr. V’s question. If you have a problem with Buzzboard posters asking questions and others answering them, I can suggest some professional help for you.

No need to respond. I don’t care to hear your meaningless ramblings.

Deleted User 15867

Post by Deleted User 15867 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:31 pm

Whoever wrote this is a dumb ass. Iowa to Lansing? Try Flint dumb f—ks

Soundchaser

Post by Soundchaser » Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:55 pm

sinklair wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:15 pm
Soundchaser: I was responding to Mr. V’s question. If you have a problem with Buzzboard posters asking questions and others answering them, I can suggest some professional help for you.

No need to respond. I don’t care to hear your meaningless ramblings.
No meaningless ramblings here. It just, why would you make a comment about why this person is coming to the Flint market when you have no idea why.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:00 pm

Soundchaser: you have zero idea who I am. Therefore you have zero idea of what I know and what I don’t know. If there’s something I posted which is factually incorrect, please inform all of us.

You can’t. Simply because what I posted about Stella, her agent, 25-66, it’s former anchor, and what a piece of trash Fanny is… all are true statements.

Deleted User 15867

Post by Deleted User 15867 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:13 am

You are trash. You leave the station and can’t move on with your life. You are a loser. Get mental help or keep smoking the crack pipe.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:48 am

Good third grade argument there, Fanny/LL101… and once again off topic… another example of why the Buzzboard needs to ban you.

You should stick to the topic at hand… why the hell would Stella move from Iowa to the worst performing stations in Flint. Plus does Becky and Karin really believe this choice will fundamentally change the ratings dynamic where 25-66 will grow into the number one station in the market? I don’t think Stella’s arrival will make any difference. WNEM will continue to dominate. WJRT will continue to see its decline. And WEYI-WSMH will continue to be no better than a public access channel.

Don’t get me wrong… this is not a criticism of Stella (yelled out in the voice of the late, great Marlon Brando)… it’s about the mismanagement of the station. There is NO vision provided by Becky, Karin or Sinclair aimed at growing the News Department.

Our newscasts are simply commercial spot holders to the company. Quality is an afterthought. Staff Morale, doing award winning journalism that sets us apart from our competitors and gives viewers a reason to seek us out on air/online/mobile/social/OTT, and using the public airwaves to benefit someone other than David Smith’s sizable bank account… all would be a nice start.

Deleted User 15867

Post by Deleted User 15867 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:10 pm

Shut up

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:23 pm

Why does Stella need an agent to make a deal with Becky & Karin at 25/66 why didn't she want to go to sister station Gray's Channel 5 in Flint? Or aren't they hiring for main anchor 5PM, 6PM, 10PM & 11PM since David Custer is all about himself and that ugly sweater a couple of years ago he doesn't want to be upstaged LMAO.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic