Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Numbers game

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
Luke

Re: Numbers game

Post by Luke » Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:01 pm

I don't think they can function with where they're at.

I'm almost thinking they should consider merging their Michigan stations into one broadcast. Maybe call it Michigan News Now with more local meterologists to handle the weather segments. Open a newsroom in Detroit and focus on just professional sports (think Fox 2) and also have a few reporters in the field to cover big stories. Same for Lansing, but have a larger focus on state politics. I'm sure they would stay in last place, but they could save some money and pull in a few more viewers who may be more interested in what's going on in Lansing.

Martin Stett

Post by Martin Stett » Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:58 pm

Luke wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:01 pm
I don't think they can function with where they're at.

I'm almost thinking they should consider merging their Michigan stations into one broadcast. Maybe call it Michigan News
MLIve TV?

Deleted User 15876

Post by Deleted User 15876 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:38 pm

Lol… I like how they added the national reporters to the page as well, to make it appear there staff is bigger than what it is.

Herm

Post by Herm » Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:51 pm

dchildress wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:07 am
RebelwithoutAClause wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:38 pm
Lol… I like how they added the national reporters to the page as well, to make it appear there staff is bigger than what it is.
Oh, they used to put the production crew on the website, too. Photographers, graphics, directors, etc.

Don't let Herm know, though. He hates it when we mention the "unmentionables," i.e. the "behind the scenes folks" who signed up for privacy immunity and are protected by armed guards 24/7.
What’s your deal?
Leave me alone! You’re being an asshole.

Herm

Post by Herm » Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:52 pm

For the record, they put me in the website at one time and I asked them to take it down. Also, I didn’t just work behind the scenes, I was on camera and in the VO booth several times.

mr v

Post by mr v » Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:29 pm

What is a VO booth?

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:43 pm

Voice Over booth — the place where you record the audio for promos, commercials, etc.

Adding in the national team isn’t new. It’s also not unique to 25-66. WNEM lists Gray’s national team, much like what WJRT did when they were owned by Gray.

I liked the MLive however, MLive also is struggling to find qualified journalists to cover the central Michigan region.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:56 pm

WWMT also puts the national team in as well on their website as well. 25/66 news will be hub out somewhere where South Bend seems to be the place where they hub the newscasts but I think they can't anymore as Sinklair said which I believe him on that. WWMT would be likely the new hub for newscasts to other sister stations which they did in the Freedom days for ABC53 in Lansing Sinclair never wanted the station because it is a Nexstar shell Mission Broadcasting owns ABC53. Sinclair made an agreement with Media General in 2014 or 15 for ABC53.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Herm

Post by Herm » Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:50 pm

dchildress wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:57 am
Herm wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:51 pm
dchildress wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:07 am
RebelwithoutAClause wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:38 pm
Oh, they used to put the production crew on the website, too. Photographers, graphics, directors, etc.

Don't let Herm know, though. He hates it when we mention the "unmentionables," i.e. the "behind the scenes folks" who signed up for privacy immunity and are protected by armed guards 24/7.
What’s your deal?
Leave me alone! You’re being an asshole.
I know this is not your intention, but you’re being overly sensitive.

You were on-air and didn’t want to be on the website? So, people could see you on television, but you refused to be on a website?

You have no expectation of privacy.

If you think you do, as my favorite character once said, “That’s like your opinion, man.”
You don’t get to decide my level of sensitivity. Stop mentioning me by name in any negative kind of way. Period.
Me asking to be taken off the website had more to do with the piss poor execution of developing that part of the website. This was one of the many issues I had with the news director at that time. She was simply the worst. It had absolutely nothing any expectation of privacy.
Also, just because I think it’s not cool to discuss career changes of behind the scenes crew members in this forum, by name with details, doesn’t say anything about my views on privacy. You actually know very little, if anything, about my opinions about privacy as a social issue.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic