Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Childrens Programming Violations

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

Childrens Programming Violations

Post by sinklair » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:19 pm

Sinclair once again is slapped by the FCC for violating children programming violations when it ran a Hot Wheels Commercial.

https://deadline.com/2022/09/fcc-sincla ... /#comments

It’s simply amazing that a company like Sinclair so brazenly violates the law. A $2-million dollar fine is a drop in the bucket, considering the violations also occurred on its sidebar stations, Cunningham (which also operates WBSF CW46 in Flint) and Howard Stirk Holdings (the Armstrong Williams owned stations, which runs WEYI NBC25 in Flint).

https://docs.fcc.gov/public/attachments ... -70A1.docx

Don’t believe this was inadvertent. It wasn’t. They just got caught and are now pleading mea culpa. Station programming departments — both locally and at the corporate level — know the commercial rules.

bmw

Re: Childrens Programming Violations

Post by bmw » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:38 pm

What a waste of the FCC's time :roll:

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:23 am

The outdated rule that needs to go bye bye bye like the DINO, Sinclair & Nexstar should sue The FCC for abuse of power and get the rule off the books as well. I strongly disagree with Chairwomen Jessica if I was on The FCC I'd have voted no fine for either Sinclair or Nexstar. CW7 aired The Hot Wheels Show. When I was kid in the 80's G.I. Joe & Transformers I saw ads for their toys when they aired.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Deleted User 15867

Post by Deleted User 15867 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:01 am

They both deserve to have their ass handed to them.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:10 am

It is a waste of the FCC’s time. It’s a pretty simple rule to follow. If Sinclair can’t follow a law that’s been in place for decades, they and their HSH and Cunningham sidecar companies, should lose their licenses. It’s not like it’s the first violation. We’re on like strike 14, but the batter refuses to leave. Time for the ump to eject Sinclair from the broadcasting game. Then the FCC can address more substantive issues.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:45 am

sinklair wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:10 am
It is a waste of the FCC’s time. It’s a pretty simple rule to follow. If Sinclair can’t follow a law that’s been in place for decades, they and their HSH and Cunningham sidecar companies, should lose their licenses. It’s not like it’s the first violation. We’re on like strike 14, but the batter refuses to leave. Time for the ump to eject Sinclair from the broadcasting game. Then the FCC can address more substantive issues.
Kinda like driving a few MPH over the speed limit on your way to work every day. It is a simple rule to follow, yet most break it every single day. Should everyone lose their drivers' licenses?

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:59 pm

If the driver was the head of the Michigan Department of Transportation, who was then pulled over a dozen times for going 25 miles over the speed limit, and he’s been ticketed like a dozen times and refuses to let up on the lead foot… yes, that driver should lose their license.

The Children’s Programming rules are pretty simple to follow. Sinclair just believes it’s above the law and shouldn’t have to follow the rules every other broadcaster follows. The FCC should make an example out of them… not just give it a slap on the wrist.

Deleted User 15876

Post by Deleted User 15876 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:11 pm

Isn’t a surprise, there traffic dept in is a joke, & there mcr is asleep on the job most of the time. I’m sure if the FCC wanted to, they could find more violations.

Deleted User 15867

Post by Deleted User 15867 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:20 pm

Word on the street is that the advertisers are not happy and some big ones looking to jump ship.

organman95

Post by organman95 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:18 pm

Based on all the talk, I believe it. I'm surprised they didn't jump during that fiasco hack last year.

smallwonder

Post by smallwonder » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:34 am

Kids Click didn't have any local traffic. It was a direct feed from HQ. There is an aircheck from February 5, 2018 that features some choice words on signs from Chime pictures of the Eagles winning the Super Bowl.

turn up the radio! mighty in might!

m60

Post by m60 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:15 am

sinklair wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:19 pm
Sinclair once again is slapped by the FCC for violating children programming violations when it ran a Hot Wheels Commercial.

https://deadline.com/2022/09/fcc-sincla ... /#comments

It’s simply amazing that a company like Sinclair so brazenly violates the law. A $2-million dollar fine is a drop in the bucket, considering the violations also occurred on its sidebar stations, Cunningham (which also operates WBSF CW46 in Flint) and Howard Stirk Holdings (the Armstrong Williams owned stations, which runs WEYI NBC25 in Flint).

https://docs.fcc.gov/public/attachments ... -70A1.docx

Don’t believe this was inadvertent. It wasn’t. They just got caught and are now pleading mea culpa. Station programming departments — both locally and at the corporate level — know the commercial rules.
But its ok to drag queens in schools

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic