Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Happy Labor Day

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

Happy Labor Day

Post by sinklair » Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:38 am

Happy Labor Day to all my broadcast journalism colleagues. Enjoy the day earning holiday pay without managers hovering over your heads.

DAC

Re: Happy Labor Day

Post by DAC » Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:08 am

Why don't you just shut the fuck up now and then?

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:21 pm

DAC: some might have the same foul-mouthed request of you.

Didn’t know I would trigger you for recognizing Labor Day for the men and women who are out there today actually doing the work. With your dismissive attitude, you’d make great management material at the Sinclair corporate Death Star.

Soundchaser

Post by Soundchaser » Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:28 pm

sinklair wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:38 am
Happy Labor Day to all my broadcast journalism colleagues. Enjoy the day earning holiday pay without managers hovering over your heads.
To continuously take shots at a place you no longer work at is an illness. I know you thought or think you're some kind of journalistic super hero, but in reality you're just a zero..
You're worse than a stalker.
Why don't you change your name from Sinklair to Robert Dewey Hoskins?

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:20 pm

Soundchaser: I’m
Not exactly sure what part of my statement you disagree with…

Do you think the journalists working the holiday deserve to be thanked for their efforts?

How about the part that holidays are the rare instances that we would actually get paid halfway decently….

Or would it be the part that managers are generally off on holidays?

If there’s part of my statement that is incorrect, I’d like to know your source of information. Because in the many, many years of working in the industry, I can tell you that there are many sacrifices journalists make that go largely unrecognized. If you find yourself unable to say a simple thank you for the hard work done by reporters, anchors, photographers, producers, directors, master control operators and the like, you should find another outlet to spread your hate.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:27 pm

🍿🍿🍿

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:28 pm

Did you like working the holidays Sinklair? You got to run the station with no managers around and have some fun at 25/66 LOL with OT pay. Happy belated Labor Day to those that worked the holiday.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:03 pm

I did not like working the holidays. I worked more holidays than I care to think about… spending time away from my family that I’ll never get back. I did it without complaining. I was told by numerous News Directors that they would make sure to spread the pain around so we wouldn’t have to work e wry holiday. That never happened. There was always an excuse. They lied to me and others.

While the limited OT was nice, it wasn’t as nice as being able to enjoy Christmases, Thanksgivings, holidays, birthdays and other family gatherings.

So now that I no longer work at 25-66 did I enjoy the day off? You bet.

But those who continue to work holidays, weekends, overnights, etc. still deserve the thanks and appreciation that for some reason is hard to come by from GMs and News Directors.

Deleted User 15867

Post by Deleted User 15867 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:02 am

It’s obvious you still work at 25/66.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:12 am

Oh Fanny… show me your proof. But first take off your tin foil hat.

Not sure it really matters if I currently work at 25-66, quit or was fired from the station, or live on the bottom of the sea with SpongeBob SquarePants. I don’t think you’ve said anything that contradicts my stance on supporting the men and women who work extremely hard to bring you the local news day in and day out… including on holidays.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic