Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Poor presentation on NBC25

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Poor presentation on NBC25

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:17 am

You raise a great point, and I thank you for the info! Indeed, the middle two tiers of counties in that TV market are not well served by either of NOAA's three radar systems in lower Michigan. Bay, far northern Saginaw, and Midland counties are definitely on the short end of the stick, as is the next row of counties to the north. The northern thumb doesn't get good service from any NOAA radar, either.

Not only is winter precip detection somewhat impaired when using NOAA's radars, low level rotation detection is especially impaired.

I completely agree with you that WNEM has a very important advantage here. I'm actually impressed that they have their own radar, and I commend them for it.

Under New Management

Re: Poor presentation on NBC25

Post by Under New Management » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:21 am

There’s no reason why ABC 12 shouldn’t have the most advanced weather technology in the market. With Byron Allen also owning the Weather Channel, all local investments could benefit TWC as well by sharing this data. Allen’s ownership of WJRT is still new, but we aren’t seeing much attention. Instead, Byron is purchasing things like the defunct Black News Channel.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic