Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Always needs context

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

Always needs context

Post by sinklair » Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:13 am

25-66 anchor and digital manager Dave Bondy should know the power of words. But a recent Twitter post is stirring up controversy.

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2022/ ... ed-context

Bondy isn’t unbiased in his digital posts. He leans decidedly right/conservative… which his bosses at Sinclair Broadcast Group like.

Bondy will tell you he keeps it real. Let us do the same. All Dave cares about is chasing likes/shares/retweets/engagement numbers… even at the expense of his and the stations’ credibility.

He’s been protected by former GM Chad and former News Director Neille, who let’s be honest, also supported taking 25-66’s editorial direction to the right.

Now with a new regime in town, let’s see if they take their responsibility more serious to call out crap like this. My guess is they just try to bury their head in the sand and see if it blows over as opposed to telling Dave that he’s wrong.

The last time I checked, our viewers depended on us for information. What Dave posted was his opinion. If he wanted to be an actual journalist, he should have provided the context. He should have presented information from local police about its tactics and training. He should have spoken to people who are concerned with police brutality. Dave did none of this.

Always need context… unless you work for Sinclair.

Deleted User 15555

Re: Always needs context

Post by Deleted User 15555 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:02 am

Tonight’s dishes segment should be incredible.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:32 am

The heat is on…

There’s two things the suits at the Corporate Death Star hate… FTV Live and News Nation.

This morning, Dave Bondy is again on the FTV website for congratulating an ultra conservative “journalist” for getting a “promotion” to Nexstar’s News Nation.

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2022/ ... ve-a-bondy

It’s like he’s daring Sinclair to fire him. Not that Dave would mind being let go. He openly complains in the newsroom about the mistake he made almost two years ago when he re-signed a new contract with no salary increase. He feels he was misled by the former GM and ND. It now appears he doesn’t give a F and just is doing what he wants, damn the consequences. It’ll be interesting to see if new GM Becky and new ND Karin (who shares Dave’s same agent Mort Meisner) do anything.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:25 pm

sinklair wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:32 am
The heat is on…

There’s two things the suits at the Corporate Death Star hate… FTV Live and News Nation.

This morning, Dave Bondy is again on the FTV website for congratulating an ultra conservative “journalist” for getting a “promotion” to Nexstar’s News Nation.

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2022/ ... ve-a-bondy

It’s like he’s daring Sinclair to fire him. Not that Dave would mind being let go. He openly complains in the newsroom about the mistake he made almost two years ago when he re-signed a new contract with no salary increase. He feels he was misled by the former GM and ND. It now appears he doesn’t give a F and just is doing what he wants, damn the consequences. It’ll be interesting to see if new GM Becky and new ND Karin (who shares Dave’s same agent Mort Meisner) do anything.
Stink shitting on people more successful than him - what else is new? 🤷
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:59 pm

Matt offering no useful perspective again. His only “contribution” is attacking posters on the Buzzboard.

If you want to disagree with my observations on 25-66’s propensity to be a train wreck of a TV station… that’s fine. Go for it.

If you just want to jump on the Buzzboard… take every opportunity to go off topic and attack posters… you should go the way of Lovin Life and his other pseudonyms and be banned.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:35 pm

I thought that Sinclair liked News Nation or are they bitter that they didn't get WGN America and make it The National Desk? Dave Bondy should've not signed that deal will GM/ND fire Dave? I'm sure most don't like FTVLive for some reason I know the Fox O&O's don't like FTVLive or as Scott likes to call them The Firm, I know some anchors and reporters seem to block FTVLive on social media doesn't stop Scott from reporting on them.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:27 am

Sinclair definitely doesn’t like Nexstar’s News Nation… despite the fact that it’s the same efficiency model that Sinclair pushes in all of its stations. Sinclair CEO David Smith has said in previous interviews that he wants a national platform. He says his local stations combined get more ratings than CNN, Fox News and MSNBC… but only get a fraction of the revenue because the cable nets get nationwide reach. He’s also hates that he has to fight the cable companies for retrans monies. His purchases of properties like the Tennis Channel and Bally Sports regional sports bets haven’t see the returns they were hoping for.

As far as Dave Bondy goes, he isn’t as protected as he was when Conklin-Schram-Giffune were in charge… but I doubt he’s in any jeopardy of being fired. At the same time, he’s not afraid to criticize management and tell people that he won’t re-sign another contract. He’s clearly unhappy, especially ever since Ahmad left for Detroit. He said the only reason he returned to Flint was to be closer to his mom.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:22 am

sinklair wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:59 pm
Matt offering no useful perspective again. His only “contribution” is attacking posters on the Buzzboard.

If you want to disagree with my observations on 25-66’s propensity to be a train wreck of a TV station… that’s fine. Go for it.

If you just want to jump on the Buzzboard… take every opportunity to go off topic and attack posters… you should go the way of Lovin Life and his other pseudonyms and be banned.
Not even close to being true, Stink. You are a lowlife, malcontent who consistently whines and trashes other people. People are very tired of your act.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:04 am

Thanks again Matt for proving my point. It’s time for MW to put you in the Douchebag Repository where you belong.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:29 am

sinklair wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:04 am
Thanks again Matt for proving my point. It’s time for MW to put you in the Douchebag Repository where you belong.
Not even close Stink. I thought you were going to quit posting after Sinclair mercifully terminated your bitter, divisive ass. Instead, you are NAMING people more successful than you and shitting on them. If anyone belongs in the DBR, it is you.

Constant Listener

Post by Constant Listener » Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:55 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:22 am
sinklair wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:59 pm

Not even close to being true, Stink. You are a lowlife, malcontent who consistently whines and trashes other people. People are very tired of your act.
Matt wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:29 am
[quote=sinklair post_id=709467 time=<a href="tel:1661508274">1661508274</a> user_id=15185]
Not even close Stink. I thought you were going to quit posting after Sinclair mercifully terminated your bitter, divisive ass. Instead, you are NAMING people more successful than you and shitting on them. If anyone belongs in the DBR, it is you.
[/quote]

Matthew your continual attacking of Sinklair has gotten sickening. It’s no longer that you are disagreeing with the subject, it a full blown personal attack. It’s sad - and you did prove Sinklair’s point. This same behavior has caused others (Revox, Listen Buddy) to be banned from this board.

I frankly don’t give a 💩 how long you have been here - you’re displaying those same behaviors. Quit acting like a immature teenager and grow the fuck up or either leave the board and/or stop responding. You don’t even live in the Flint / Tri City market anyway.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:38 pm

Revox? Really? When have I physically threatened someone that posts here? Stink is shitting on people that are NOT public figures and naming them publicly. He's a malcontent that FINALLY was shown the door. While I don't wish ill will on anyone, I have a hard time mustering any sympathy for Stink. Also, let's be honest CL, if I voted the same way you do, you wouldn't be attacking me. It's worth noting that my Saginaw/Flint posts are an insignificant fraction of my posts. I just am not going to stand for some malcontent shitting on people that are more successful than him.
Last edited by Matt on Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:18 pm

So Matt’s suggestion is to not discuss issues going on in the Flint-Saginaw TV Market in a forum to discuss issues in the Flint-Saginaw TV market. What do you want us to do here? Share banana bread recipes?

All my posts are about what’s happening at our local stations. All of your posts are attacking me. So, who is the real malcontent here? I’d suggest you look in that mirror of yours.

There are plenty of posters who agree with me. There are plenty that also disagree with my perspective. But there’s only you that’s constantly taking it off topic.

And while I address you by your name, you insist on calling me “Stink”. Really? That’s pretty immature. But it just shows us your true character.

You also say I was fired, when you know from my previous posts that I left 25-66 after my contract ended. So your concerns are not my concern when you either can’t get your facts straight or you just choose to lie when it suits your agenda.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:39 am

sinklair wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:18 pm
And while I address you by your name, you insist on calling me “Stink”. Really? That’s pretty immature. But it just shows us your true character.

You also say I was fired, when you know from my previous posts that I left 25-66 after my contract ended. So your concerns are not my concern when you either can’t get your facts straight or you just choose to lie when it suits your agenda.
Being called immature by Stink Liar? The malcontent who has publicly trashed his former employer NON-STOP? The person that has publicly trashed his/her former colleague Leslie Toldo?

:lol :lol :lol

Some facts:

1. Your username is a play on your former employer that terminated your employment since you are a malcontent. I'll acknowledge that you weren't fired, but the end of the contract lead to both sides mutually supporting your departure.
2. You are a malcontent. The definition of a malcontent is "one who bears a grudge from a sense of grievance or thwarted ambition" which 💯 describes you from your posts.
3. You've maliciously attacked leadership at your former employer.
4. You think you are on a high horse and that you are providing unbiased, indisputable facts. That is blatantly untrue.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:13 am

Matt, you once again prove my point. I have every right to criticize 25-66 or any other TV or radio station. As do you. Or you can choose to point out what you like about our local media. That is your right.

All of your responses are about your personal dislike of me. You fail to point out a single thing that I’ve said of 25-66 that is untrue.

If you feel so strongly that I’ve somehow wronged my former station, I’d encourage you to apply to one of the many openings that new News Director Karin has failed to fill. Go and see firsthand the disaster that Sinclair Broadcast Group is.

However, you won’t. You’ll instead just continue to use juvenile insults toward me and other Buzzboard posters. I’m a big boy. My feelings don’t get hurt like yours do. But I’m also going to continue to point out when billionaire station groups like Sinclair can and should do better.

I’m not going anywhere, Matt. So buckle up for the ride ahead, my friend.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic