Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Anything new happening at 25?

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
Herm

Re: Anything new happening at 25?

Post by Herm » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:23 am

sinklair wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:13 pm
OMG. How many bad hiring decisions can one station make?

This is Becky’s first major hire and this is the News Director she picks? Karin’s record of driving down WNEM’s product… then she is run out of Kansas City after a 9 month stint.

Becky and Scott Livingston must not have had time to do background checks. If they contacted anyone at WNEM, they would have quickly found out that Karin was a major problem.

God help my former 25-66 colleagues…
Um… you do know what kind of information is found in a background check… right?
I mean… were her major problems violent felonies?
Do you really think Becky doesn’t already know this person?

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:59 am

Herm, either Becky doesn’t know… or doesn’t care.

You were at 25 when Kathy Reynolds ran the newsroom and burned every bridge possible. You can’t tell me that the ability to lead an organization ends with “well, she wasn’t convicted of a felony”.

Either Becky and Scott Livingston are OK with bringing in a news manager who has proven herself not to raise quality standards and is a divisive leader… or they are intentionally putting their head in the sand because they need a warm body in the office to make sure the corporate must run stories get aired.

You’re right that a simple background check would have identified these problems. Hell, a simple call to Becky’s sister in law who works in WNEM’s sales department would have ID’d Karin’s massive failures as a leader.

Instead, the station continues to do what it does best. Take the easy route, don’t ask questions, and blame others when things go wrong. Add Karin to the long list of failed 25-66 managers. She’ll last less than two years.

Herm

Post by Herm » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:39 pm

sinklair wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:59 am

You were at 25 when Kathy Reynolds ran the newsroom and burned every bridge possible. You can’t tell me that the ability to lead an organization ends with “well, she wasn’t convicted of a felony”.

Either Becky and Scott Livingston are OK with bringing in a news manager who has proven herself not to raise quality standards and is a divisive leader… or they are intentionally putting their head in the sand because they need a warm body in the office to make sure the corporate must run stories get aired.

You’re right that a simple background check would have identified these problems. Hell, a simple call to Becky’s sister in law who works in WNEM’s sales department would have ID’d Karin’s massive failures as a leader.

Instead, the station continues to do what it does best. Take the easy route, don’t ask questions, and blame others when things go wrong. Add Karin to the long list of failed 25-66 managers. She’ll last less than two years.
I think you missed my point.

A background check wouldn’t have revealed any of that information about leadership or job performance. A background check would reveal whether a person had been convicted of a violent felony.

I don’t know anything about this Karin person.
I assume you know more about her than I do.
I guarantee Becky knows more about her than both of us.

It’s not that she doesn’t know, and it’s not that she doesn’t care. It’s more likely that not everyone shares your opinion of this person.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:42 pm

Herm wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:39 pm
sinklair wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:59 am

I think you missed my point.

A background check wouldn’t have revealed any of that information about leadership or job performance. A background check would reveal whether a person had been convicted of a violent felony.

I don’t know anything about this Karin person.
I assume you know more about her than I do.
I guarantee Becky knows more about her than both of us.

It’s not that she doesn’t know, and it’s not that she doesn’t care. It’s more likely that not everyone shares your opinion of this person.
Herm, you're wasting your time trying to engage stink the malcontent.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:58 pm

Herm is one of the few people on this board that actually engages in a productive conversation. While I disagree with him on this topic, he never resorts to name calling… unlike Matt, Dudley and others.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:55 pm

sinklair wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:58 pm
Herm is one of the few people on this board that actually engages in a productive conversation. While I disagree with him on this topic, he never resorts to name calling… unlike Matt, Dudley and others.
Are you not a malcontent?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:09 am

I don’t believe I am a malcontent. In fact, I was a supportive and positive colleague when I worked at 25-66. But I also don’t suffer fools. Especially management and corporate fools who make significantly more money than the journalists out on the street… only for them to make bad decisions that have run our newscasts into the ground.

Herm

Post by Herm » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:19 am

sinklair wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:58 pm
I think we can both agree that this new ND will be better than the administration that was in charge from 2011-2012.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:30 pm

Matt signed up on December 6, 2004? No shit? That's when I started dating this one girl, Dani. How odd!

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:58 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:30 pm
Matt signed up on December 6, 2004? No shit? That's when I started dating this one girl, Dani. How odd!
Was she hot?

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:51 am

Matt wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:58 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:30 pm
Was she hot?
She was very, very cute. Then again, we were 19 and I haven't seen what the last 18 years have done to her.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:02 pm

Another one bites the dust! Add Remi Murray to the long and growing list of 25-66ers who are running from the flaming pile of horse sh*t that is WEYI and WJRT. How many people have to leave before managers look inward to start fixing problems and improve employee morale — and I don’t mean more grilled cheese sandwiches.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:11 am

sinklair wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:02 pm
Another one bites the dust! Add Remi Murray to the long and growing list of 25-66ers who are running from the flaming pile of horse sh*t that is WEYI and WJRT. How many people have to leave before managers look inward to start fixing problems and improve employee morale — and I don’t mean more grilled cheese sandwiches.
Per her Twitter, it appears Remi is leaving for a bigger market. Someone leaving a podunk market for a better opportunity isn't a surprise.

mr v

Post by mr v » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:14 am

WEYI gets a ND who was at WNEM at one time, then chased out of KC. Welcome back to Mid Michigan Karen Movesian.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:44 am

If you want to see a half hearted attempt at wishing someone well, look at the “master class” put on by the talent-less and classless egomaniac that is Leslie Toldo.

https://mobile.twitter.com/rmurreytv/st ... 0421448707

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic