Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Abandoned house, next door to WWCK

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
Colonel Flagg

Abandoned house, next door to WWCK

Post by Colonel Flagg » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:29 pm

Human remains were found at this derilict property, owned by the Genesee County Land Bank. They turned out to be the remains of Jina Collins, missing since 2013:

https://www.mlive.com/news/flint/2022/0 ... e-say.html

The WWCK towers are visible in the background. The radio station property kind of wraps around this old house. If memory serves me, weren't there a couple DJ's from 105 who rented this place back in the '70's, and turned it into party central? Or am I thinking of the wrong house? Seems to me, there was more than one house along there, back in the day.

As to Jina Collins, it's a sad ending. She was missing from the Fenton Rd area in south Flint, not too far away. In those 8 years, nobody could be bothered to take the time to search this place? Or all of the other rundown, unsecured structures in that general area? Not even the Land Bank itself??? Awful, but sadly, not surprising. :x

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

audiophile

Re: Abandoned house, next door to WWCK

Post by audiophile » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:46 pm

Sad...

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Ben Zonia

Re: Abandoned house, next door to WWCK

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:26 pm

Very sad.

Over the last few decades, I have heard of several properties/DJ "dorms" near radio stations where DJs who lived far away crashed for the nights they worked. One owner I know sensed the potential liabilities and put the kibosh on it as soon as he bought the stations. It seems like it's a slippery slope for these to turn into "Drug Dens" and "Love Shacks", and attract more unsavory characters, and the worst happens. It becomes even worse when the Studios and Offices move away, and the execs move out to Fenton and Clarkston, and never see what's going on around the old Studios and Offices. Seems like if there were more people around, they would have noticed something in nine years.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic