Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

News director opening

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
journalist

News director opening

Post by journalist » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:51 pm

On LinkedIn it shows there's an opening for a news director at the Sinclair station in flint.

OnTopic

Re: News director opening

Post by OnTopic » Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:30 pm

Neille announced she has decided to leave at the end of her contract.

Under New Management

Post by Under New Management » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:50 pm

She finally got tired of making excuses for corporate never allowing open positions to be filled and paying well under market average? The long hours and having to produce newscasts, edit shows, etc. had to take a toll on her. However, even with Neille leaving there is less than zero chance that whoever takes over this embarrassment of a newsroom will have any chance to change things or make a difference. Add Neille to a long list of news directors at WEYI and WSMH who had good intentions only to be undermined by horrible corporate ownership. Let’s see if the station bothers to give Neille a respectful send off, considering her decade plus worth of service…

Soundchaser

Post by Soundchaser » Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:52 pm

Under New Management wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:50 pm
She finally got tired of making excuses for corporate never allowing open positions to be filled and paying well under market average? The long hours and having to produce newscasts, edit shows, etc. had to take a toll on her. However, even with Neille leaving there is less than zero chance that whoever takes over this embarrassment of a newsroom will have any chance to change things or make a difference. Add Neille to a long list of news directors at WEYI and WSMH who had good intentions only to be undermined by horrible corporate ownership. Let’s see if the station bothers to give Neille a respectful send off, considering her decade plus worth of service…
Matt: since I’ve never worked at 25-66, consider it done that I’m “over it”. However you seem to have some pent up anger. I’m sure Sinklair must have done something to make your life this miserable. If he/she/it doesn’t work there as you allege, you might to take your own advice and get over it, move on, and stay on topic. Life is too short to get upset over everything, cupcake.

Stink, it's amazing how you know every intimate detail on the goings on at 25/66. Yet you claim to have never worked there.
You're treading in LOLs territory by pretending to be someone else. Be a stand up guy and be yourself. You know, Stink.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:54 am

Under New Management going to be the new ND at 25/66 you know to change the culture the higher-ups liked how well you did as a reporter Sinklair.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Under New Management

Post by Under New Management » Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:28 am

MasterB, I wouldn’t want to work in that hell hole. But thanks for your vote of confidence. Truth be told, a blind monkey could run it better than current management.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:43 pm

SINKLAIR: Is she the 'in over her head news director' that you have been talking about?

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:39 am

She’s outta here!

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2022/ ... r-in-flint

The In Over Her Head News Director is finally leaving. Of course, only after driving out dozens of good journalists during her reign of terror. I guess you get a glowing email from the new GM after f’ing up talks to keep stars like Ahmad Bajjey, Jonathon Deutsch, Rachelle Spence (now Graham)and far too many other talented producers, photographers, reporters, and digital staff to count.

The FTV Live article makes it sound like she was in charge for a decade. She wasn’t. She was second fiddle to other disastrous news managers, Kathy Reynolds and Mike Schram.

Now it seems like Becky Butcher is having a hard time finding anyone willing to run the decimated Sinclair newsroom. It is always in last place in ratings and is frequently caught by surprise even on basic stories. God help whoever they find. They need to blowtorch the entire operation and start over from scratch… starting with not running the corporate must run propaganda and recommit to covering local news on all platforms. The new News Director needs to hire real journalists, not kids right out of college who know absolutely nothing about the Mid-Michigan Now market. And he or she will need to reign in egos like Dave Bondy who believe they can be journalists while spewing the corporate propaganda and his own anti-Big Gretch stories while washing dishes.

I’d personally like to see a veteran like Mike Woolfolk get the job. However he probably doesn’t need the headache. Plus he’s never lived in the Flint market (commuting from Macomb County)… and we know how that worked out for Giffine.

Now that 25/66 got rid of its biggest problem… time to focus on the other do nothing department heads like the ASSistant GM/Promo Director, the Director of Declining Sales, the HR Director/Grilled Cheese Party Planner, and Bill’s Kid/Chief Engineer.

If you want to say goodbye to Neille on Friday… don’t bother. She never went to any of the going away parties for the staff she stabbed in the back or drove out of the business due to her incompetence. So many of us are going to give her that same respect by being “busy” this week.

Adios!

Luke

Post by Luke » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:59 am

sinklair wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:39 am
She’s outta here!

The In Over Her Head News Director is finally leaving. Of course, only after driving out dozens of good journalists during her reign of terror. I guess you get a glowing email from the new GM after f’ing up talks to keep stars like Ahmad Bajjey, Jonathon Deutsch, Rachelle Spence (now Graham)and far too many other talented producers, photographers, reporters, and digital staff to count.

The FTV Live article makes it sound like she was in charge for a decade. She wasn’t. She was second fiddle to other disastrous news managers, Kathy Reynolds and Mike Schram.

Now it seems like Becky Butcher is having a hard time finding anyone willing to run the decimated Sinclair newsroom. It is always in last place in ratings and is frequently caught by surprise even on basic stories. God help whoever they find. They need to blowtorch the entire operation and start over from scratch… starting with not running the corporate must run propaganda and recommit to covering local news on all platforms. The new News Director needs to hire real journalists, not kids right out of college who know absolutely nothing about the Mid-Michigan Now market. And he or she will need to reign in egos like Dave Bondy who believe they can be journalists while spewing the corporate propaganda and his own anti-Big Gretch stories while washing dishes.

I’d personally like to see a veteran like Mike Woolfolk get the job. However he probably doesn’t need the headache. Plus he’s never lived in the Flint market (commuting from Macomb County)… and we know how that worked out for Giffine.

Now that 25/66 got rid of its biggest problem… time to focus on the other do nothing department heads like the ASSistant GM/Promo Director, the Director of Declining Sales, the HR Director/Grilled Cheese Party Planner, and Bill’s Kid/Chief Engineer.

If you want to say goodbye to Neille on Friday… don’t bother. She never went to any of the going away parties for the staff she stabbed in the back or drove out of the business due to her incompetence. So many of us are going to give her that same respect by being “busy” this week.

Adios!
Omg you’re exhausting

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:17 am

OMG keep putting your head in the sand. It’s a Radio-TV Buzzboard. We comment on local TV operations here. If you want to see TikTok videos, you’re in the wrong location.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:46 am

sinklair wrote:
I'd go if there was free beer; slam a few and leave... then again, it'd probably be Natty Ice or Steel Reserve...

Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:21 am

I hope you're enjoying the new job Sinklair you still in the business? That isn't a Sinclair TV station. The new ND at 25/66 got to clean up the mess.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:30 pm

sinklair wrote:
She’s outta here!

Adios!
Was this the woman that finally showed your whiny ass the door?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:35 am

Matt: Was Neille in the office when I told her I wasn’t going to renew my contract? Yes. I walked out of WEYI with my head held high.

Can’t say the same for Neille who quit after her first go round as a news director. I’m sure she’ll land a cushy job with her buddy in Florida. So you won’t need to feel bad for either of us…

However your thoughts and prayers should be with the rest of the Mid-Michigan Now staffers who will continue to wallow in last place with managers who deserve to also be shown the door.

Don’t believe me? Go ask Neille about her criticism of current and past managers — both local and corporate. She’ll give you an earful.

jmeltonwx

Post by jmeltonwx » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:12 pm

As for Neille, she is now a Digital Newsroom Recruiter for Nexstar Media.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic