Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

New Sports Director at 12

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
Deleted User 15555

Re: New Sports Director at 12

Post by Deleted User 15555 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:50 am

What happened with Slocum?

Under New Management

Post by Under New Management » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:40 pm

Since the only people Slocum apparently pissed off were GM Pete Veto and News Director Jayne Hodak — both are no longer working with WJRT or Allen Media — I seriously doubt he couldn’t come back. I don’t think Ryan would want to come back since he’s doing great work with State Champs… but anything is possible. The reality is 12’s News Director Denise doesn’t care much for sports so I doubt they could entice Ryan to come back even if both sides were open to it. Instead, 12 will just go cheap and hire a new college graduate or a homeless person on Lapeer Rd to fill the opening.

Soundchaser

Post by Soundchaser » Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:29 pm

Stink. Kinda hard to get hired back if you can't drive a company car. You do the math.

Under New Management

Post by Under New Management » Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:38 pm

Ryan’s able to report in his current job, right? You do the math. Where there’s a will, there’s a way.

Name someone else who knows the Flint market better than Ryan and would bring some credibility to ABC 12’s diminishing newscasts.

Soundchaser

Post by Soundchaser » Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:52 pm

Under New Management wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:38 pm
Ryan’s able to report in his current job, right? You do the math. Where there’s a will, there’s a way.

Name someone else who knows the Flint market better than Ryan and would bring some credibility to ABC 12’s diminishing newscasts.
There was no one better than Ryan in this market. He's not coming back to this market, or any other market soon.

Soundchaser

Post by Soundchaser » Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:58 pm

Soundchaser wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:52 pm
Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:38 pm

There was no one better than Ryan in this market. He's not coming back to this market, or any other market soon.
State Champs is a podcast. You can do those from your moms basement. You don't need a company vehicle.

Under New Management

Post by Under New Management » Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:49 pm

Podcast? Working out of his basement? Really you need to get your facts straight soundchaser!!!

Ryan is doing some of the best sports reporting in the state. Probably because he doesn’t have to fill a nightly newscast with as many games from as many schools to meet some random GM/News Director/consultants quota.

Don’t believe me, check out Ryan’s latest mini doc on Saginaw basketball rivalries: https://youtu.be/dWXZNC6XN9I

Definitely not shot from his basement… even though soundchaser believes minimizing Ryan’s work makes for a better trollish post.

Soundchaser

Post by Soundchaser » Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:14 pm

Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:49 pm
Podcast? Working out of his basement? Really you need to get your facts straight soundchaser!!!

Ryan is doing some of the best sports reporting in the state. Probably because he doesn’t have to fill a nightly newscast with as many games from as many schools to meet some random GM/News Director/consultants quota.

Don’t believe me, check out Ryan’s latest mini doc on Saginaw basketball rivalries: https://youtu.be/dWXZNC6XN9I

Definitely not shot from his basement… even though soundchaser believes minimizing Ryan’s work makes for a better trollish post.
Ho Hum. Nothing against Ryan. He was better than Molson and on par with Phelps. He was great at 12. But he's not coming back. And if you know anything, you know why.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic