Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Working on the holiday

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
Soundchaser

Re: Working on the holiday

Post by Soundchaser » Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:31 pm

Herm wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:37 am
Under New Management wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 5:58 am
Dave understands that news is a 24-7 job.

However, you won’t see any manager, sales account exec, or other “non essential” personnel show up today. It would send a strong message if the GM or News Director would even pop in for a half hour to just thank his/her employees for having to sacrifice giving up their holiday.
Worked a lot of holidays. Made good money doing it. All anchors, photogs, producers and engineers know that working holidays is part of the job. I never left after working a holiday thinking, I wish my manager would have been here.. WTF!
Stink probably got a lot of participation awards when he was a kid.

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:25 pm

Yep.. Worked many holidays and quite a few with you Herm!

Soundchaser

Post by Soundchaser » Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:13 pm

Under New Management wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:56 am
You’d be a perfect candidate for management, Jack! Please apply online ASAP with your crappy attitude and lack of empathy for employees.

One of my former bosses (now retired) used to and still does go to his employee’s kids graduations and sporting events. He sends birthday cards. He reaches out to see how our spouses are doing. His name is Jim Bleicher. He’s the epitome of what a great boss looks like. And yes, he came in on holidays to thank us for giving up time with our family and friends to keep newscasts on holidays. It was a simple but powerful gesture… one seemed to be lost on most current GMs and News Directors.

He wasn’t “pissed” as you say you’d be. Jim actually enjoyed getting to know his employees in and out of work. He truly appreciated their contributions and let them know as much. And he realized that a leader does things not out of his/her convenience but because it’s just the right thing to do. God help us all if people who go into management have Jack’s attitude toward their employees.
One of your former bosses? You never worked for your dad.

Under New Management

Post by Under New Management » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:05 pm

Youre right. So keep guessing.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic