Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Dr. Oz running for US Senate

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

Dr. Oz running for US Senate

Post by sinklair » Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:04 am

WEYI has been looking for a replacement for its low rated noon program, The Dr. Oz Show. It now looks like Oz may have given us the opportunity to find an alternative after he announced that he’s stopping production of his show to run for US Senate.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-a ... For+Senate

Let’s see if Sinclair/25 just runs Oz’s daughter’s new show or if we put in a new 12pm newscast (highly unlikely), another syndicated show, or the worst decision (but most likely from our Director of Declining Sales)… paid programming.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Dr. Oz running for US Senate

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:19 am

I suspect Dr. Oz re-runs or paid programming will fill that time slot.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:34 am

MW: The primary vote isn’t until August 2022. I can’t imagine Oz or us running repeated episodes for nine months (or longer, if he moves on to the general election.)

I would have thought Oz would have run more as a centrist candidate. But his campaign rhetoric uses “America First”, some of the same language used by President Trump.

Could be his effort to appeal to that wing of the Republican Party… but it would also seem a risky move to run a campaign that might alienate more politically liberal viewers who he might appeal to.

Most successful TV personalities turned politicians have run centrist campaigns. We’ll see if Oz follows that mold or not.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:38 am

Likely wouldn't be limited to repeats from this season or last season; those airings would likely go back several years (similar to the Judge Judy strategy).

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:04 am

If it swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck, or Dr. Oz or Dr. Phil.

I no longer directly engage trolls

rugratsonline

Post by rugratsonline » Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:30 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:04 am
If it swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck, or Dr. Oz or Dr. Phil.
In the case of the last two, a "quack".

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:14 am

Dr. Oz daughter fill for her dad will be The Good Dish seems like TV stations in PA & the Fox O&O in NYC & Philly have taken Dr. Oz off I was surprised that the Fox O&O in NYC stopped airing Dr. Oz as I didn't know it is aired parts of PA? Wood TV airs Dr. Oz in West Michigan and still airing him. WJW in Cleveland is also not airing Dr. Oz.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic