Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Strike three for Jack Morris

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

Strike three for Jack Morris

Post by sinklair » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:00 pm

One of the worst color guys in Major League Baseball —Jack Morris — is sidelined by Sinclair’s Bally Sports Detroit after an apparently racist comment aired during last night’s Tigers telecast.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/mlb/ ... 184804002/

Instead of trying to send a message of tolerance by suspending Morris… how about instead not hiring or employing them in the first place??? Morris’s comments towards minorities and women are well documented.

kager

Re: Strike three for Jack Morris

Post by kager » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:06 am

sinklair wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:00 pm
One of the worst color guys in Major League Baseball —Jack Morris — is sidelined by Sinclair’s Bally Sports Detroit after an apparently racist comment aired during last night’s Tigers telecast.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/mlb/ ... 184804002/

Instead of trying to send a message of tolerance by suspending Morris… how about instead not hiring or employing them in the first place??? Morris’s comments towards minorities and women are well documented.
Whether I agree with Sinclair's action or not, they did something one would think even the president of The Circle Of Gripe could have something positive to say about.

Nope - you just burrow into another rock layer of bitching instead...

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:19 am

No one believes Morris will take “sensitivity training” seriously. The move by Sinclair/Bally Sports Detroit is just a PR move to see if a few days off the whole episode will die down. If Sinclair actually believed in promoting a diverse and professional workplace, they would have fired Morris when they took over. The only thing that matters to Darth David Smith is the dollar, so let’s hope Morris’s actions results in even lower ratings and lower revenue… hitting the corporate Death Star in its pocketbook.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:32 am

Why is this thread in the Tri-Cities forum? Oh, that's right, because it is the only place Sinklair posts anything, even if it has nothing to do with television or radio in the Tri-cities.

btw - your suggestion that Sinclair should have fired Morris "when they took over" tells me all I need to know about YOU - that I sure as hell wouldn't hire you to do anything. This, along with all of your other ramblings in here, tell me that you would be highly toxic in any work environment, focused more on stirring up trouble than actually doing your job. Victimhood culture at its finest.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:39 pm

I have no problem with what Morris said. Who is complaining?

Bring Jack Back.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:40 pm

BMW: Last time I checked, Bally Sports Detroit is broadcast on local cable stations. Bit not on all streaming services thanks to a pissing match.

His comments and subsequent suspension were also covered by all three stations. Seems to me to be fair comment on a forum about Michigan TV and radio stations.

If you can’t offer anything other than personal attacks and can’t stay on the topic’s forum, may I kindly suggest some more productive use of your time???

That you don’t like my criticism of Sinclair/Bally Sports does not make my observations untrue. If you’d like to justify Jack Morris’s comments and his past actions, that’s your right to do so.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:44 pm

You explicitly called for the pre-emptive firing of a white person solely in the interest of "diversity" and "professionalism." And you did so without citation to specifics, instead vaguely alleging that his "comments towards minorities and women are well documented." This comes across to me as you having issues with white people, hence my snarky response.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:55 pm

I didn't see what Jack Morris said was racist it was a cartoon voice not a very good cartoon voice be very very careful is not racist. I can't stand PC culture/madness that is what is wrong with this country you can't say anything someone is going to be offended.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:00 am

BMW: Examples were in the link
MasterB: I don’t know… how about Jack not doing “cartoonish voices” which he’s clearly not skilled at… and do the job he was hired to do… provide color commentary of baseball. If you have to explain the joke, it probably wasn’t funny… and in Jack’s case was probably racist.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:56 am

https://player.fm/series/behind-the-lin ... hei-ohtani

This is BS, he didn't say anything offensive or racist.

And Sinklair, you must never have listened to a Boss jock on the air. Now go get a towel, and dry behind your ears. :rollin

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:40 am

sinklair wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:00 am
BMW: Examples were in the link
MasterB: I don’t know… how about Jack not doing “cartoonish voices” which he’s clearly not skilled at… and do the job he was hired to do… provide color commentary of baseball. If you have to explain the joke, it probably wasn’t funny… and in Jack’s case was probably racist.
You say examples were in the link. Where? I don't see a single example of a derogatory comment made towards a minority - not a one. As to comments towards women - one lone example from over 30 years ago - and that was more of an off-color joke than a truly sexist comment. I'll agree it was not in good taste and he shouldn't have said that, but come on....that was over 30 years ago.

So am I supposed to believe that you haven't made one single off-color joke in your entire life, or one single bad impersonation? Not a one? And assuming you have, per your own position, you shouldn't have been hired to work in media in the first place.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:26 am

No I have not made a derogatory joke, racial impersonation, or off colored joke. I don’t find making fun of minorities or women funny. If you do, that’s your issue, not mine.

It’s also why I’ve not been fired from my job or sent to sensitivity training like Jack. It’s also why I live a very happy life with my wife and kids.

Bit keep defending Jack. He has the same personality disorder that you do… never wanting to admit anything’s wrong. Never wanting to say he could be better.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:57 am

sinklair wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:26 am
No I have not made a derogatory joke, racial impersonation, or off colored joke.
Ok, so you are either a liar, the second coming of Jesus, or literally the most boring person on earth. Even the most "goody two-shoes" people I know are guilty of at least one of the above, even if in private behind closed doors.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:37 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:57 am
sinklair wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:26 am
No I have not made a derogatory joke, racial impersonation, or off colored joke.
Ok, so you are either a liar, the second coming of Jesus, or literally the most boring person on earth. Even the most "goody two-shoes" people I know are guilty of at least one of the above, even if in private behind closed doors.
A quick search of the site reveals this: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/sear ... mit=Search

"In Over Her Head" could be interpreted as sexist.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:53 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:37 pm
A quick search of the site reveals this: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/sear ... mit=Search

"In Over Her Head" could be interpreted as sexist.
I can't believe I just wasted 5 minutes of my time counting, here is my final count:

"Over Her Head" used 167 times
"Over Their Head" used twice
"Over His Head" used NEVER.

BUSTED!!!!

So literally, one in every 7 of Sinklair's now-over-1200 posts specifically refers to a female being in "over her head."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic