Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Strike three for Jack Morris

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
km1125

Re: Strike three for Jack Morris

Post by km1125 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:25 pm

sinklair wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:26 am
No I have not made a derogatory joke, racial impersonation, or off colored joke. I don’t find making fun of minorities or women funny. If you do, that’s your issue, not mine.

It’s also why I’ve not been fired from my job or sent to sensitivity training like Jack. It’s also why I live a very happy life with my wife and kids.

Bit keep defending Jack. He has the same personality disorder that you do… never wanting to admit anything’s wrong. Never wanting to say he could be better.
Yea, YOU don't think YOU'VE made any kind of derogatory, racial or off-colored jokes or comments, but it's not up to YOU.

It's up to the folks who HEAR YOU. Just like everyone else in the 'cancel culture' era.

And you ARE offensive. Frequently.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:10 am

KM: It’s not about me. This post is about Tigers’ suspended broadcaster Jack Morris. If you want to support his comments, feel free to do so. I say they were clearly out of bounds and he deserves a harsher punishment than the slap on the wrist that Sinclair/Bally Sports Detroit gave him.

If you feel conservative Sinclair owner David Smith is part of a troubling cancel culture, I encourage you to call him out. His phone number is: 410.568.1500

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:12 am

sinklair wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:10 am
KM: It’s not about me.
You've been called out for your sexist comments, but don't want to talk about it.

Got it. Keep throwing those stones from your glass house.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:14 pm

BMW: Being in over your head is a statement of incompetence, not gender. It just so happens that our “fearful leader” is a woman. It’s not like 25-66 has a lot of great management examples, including our former GM/accountant in chief/egomaniac (a guy) and his Director of Declining Sales (oh, also a dude the last time I checked). But keep on obsessing over me. Don’t bother to add anything to the conversation. I’ll be here tomorrow for your entertainment and to keep 25-66 managers honest.

DAC

Post by DAC » Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:21 am

I think we'd be better off sending a shit ton of people to "over sensitivity training." Whatever your skin type or color, try to make it a little thicker, willya? It's not like he came on and said "Hey, all of Sinclair management are assholes." That would have been way more inappropriate, but likely would have drawn praise by the people on this board who dislike Sinclair. I too am tired of the PC bullshit and how it's being used in society to the advantage of nobody. The only people I've heard complaining about the comment that Morris made are the nameless, faceless whack jobs of twitter (and a few other online places). Morris made the comment, obviously someone pointed out to him that it could have been misconstrued, and he apologized, all in the course of 45 minutes. What would you prefer, that he be castrated and hung publicly in the town square? Everyone needs to calm the fuck down and get back to living their own goddamn lives rather than monitoring every syllable uttered by everyone else to make sure they are "up to code." We are on the verge of a revolt in the United States, and it's going to boil over when everyone finally has had it with all this culture monitoring. Sadly, in our schools, it's going to up to the kids to fight back, and it's already starting. Keep on driving us apart, PC police, it's worked so well thus far.

Musicrewired

Post by Musicrewired » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:10 pm

Has Jack ever been accused of saying he was "over her head"?

If so, we could tie the subject of the thread together with the sub-theme at hand, and negate the "stay-on-topic" undercurrent that seems to happen whenever it gets pointed out that Sinclair, company that they are, have fallen short of excellent.

Name any broadcast entity that doesn't fit that description at some time. Name any business in most any line of work, for that matter.

I'm not suggesting "don't worry - be happy", but there's got to be other subjects to be positive about, or at least to discuss.

And since Jack's the original topic, I heard his comment, read his weak apology, and figure that after a period of time, he's probably paid his price. I don't care if he comes back or not, since he's not the reason I'd tune in anyway, just like feudin' Rod and Mario weren't, either.

TheMstrofPropaganda

Post by TheMstrofPropaganda » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:33 pm

I'm curious why white, heterosexual, alpha men are held to the standard of absolute perfection when it comes to anything related to anything in American culture? Whereas consistent incompetence by women, people of color and the alphabet people is frequently ignored or even worse, defended to the teeth.

I don't look at their comments. I look at their oversight of pontificating judgment. Then see if their own personal lives meet the high standards of everyone else they pass judgment on. If what they say and what they do are two entirely different things, I drop the hammer on them so hard and so publically on social media, with the same drive and passion as Nick Saban trying to win yet another National Championship at Alabama.

Just about all of your PC police live, vacation, do business and send their kids to school in virtually all white zip codes. Look at the demographics of Saginaw and Genesee Counties. Are those communities segregated by accident?

Yet those same people love to pass judgment on everyone else. They're not looking out for everyone's best interests, they're bullies and hypocrites. Hypocrites you expose.

Bullies? You beat their asses on the playground. Then beg them to run to the principal so the bully can play the victim. Except our unbiased American media as principals knowingly aware of the bully, rewards the bully. And punishes the student whom actually did right by sticking up for the weak.

Quit rewarding the bullies. It's why nobody watches or listens to you anymore.

"There are two kinds of people who don't like me: Those whom I don't bow down to kiss their ring, and the people who can't beat me."

-Buddy Ryan

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:31 pm

So…. You’re OK with what Jack Morris said?

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:08 pm

sinklair wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:31 pm
I said this in the Metro Detroit Forum. I may of already said it here in the Flint/Tri-Cities/Thumb Forum.

I am convinced (sorry if you don't care for it) that Morris was just trying to do his best Elmer Fudd.
What he said is what Elmer Fudd has said in probably every cartoon episode he has been in.
I believe Morris did not sound like any person from the Pacific Rim. He was mocking a cartoon character.

Now what I also said is "Why didn't Morris say that in his apology?". Saying "I was doing Elmer Fudd" right away in that same broadcast would of nipped this controversy in the bud. Do you agree with that? Yet he didn't.

In the other thread, I pondered if he had no idea he said an awkward faux pas that may of been taken the wrong way.
Until someone from the Tigers organization handed him a prepared statement to read.
And he was unable or unwilling to not read the statement word for word.

I honestly I don't understand the rabid attitude that some folks in the media like you have towards this radio moment.
This "off with his head" stance over what the vast majority think is no big deal.
Reading racial slurs into what Morris said baffles me. I kid you not.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:37 pm

Mike: I’m rabid? I should probably get that checked out.

I think the “Elmer Fudd” defense is genius. I don’t buy it, but you really should be on Morris’ PR Team.

I don’t think anyone is saying “off with his head.” But words have meaning. It’s not like Morris is a 20-year-old intern. He knew what he said and the way he said it. He deserves everything coming to him — whether it’s imposed sensitivity training or the loss of his announcing job.

I’m not going to feel too bad for him. Jack’s lame excuse notwithstanding, he’ll have enough in the bank to have a nice post-announcing retirement.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:16 pm

sinklair wrote:
Most people just don't give a fuck. We're not all interested in constantly being offended

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Bdl

Post by Bdl » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:46 pm

sinklair wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:37 pm
Mike: I’m rabid? I should probably get that checked out.

I think the “Elmer Fudd” defense is genius. I don’t buy it, but you really should be on Morris’ PR Team.

I don’t think anyone is saying “off with his head.” But words have meaning. It’s not like Morris is a 20-year-old intern. He knew what he said and the way he said it. He deserves everything coming to him — whether it’s imposed sensitivity training or the loss of his announcing job.

I’m not going to feel too bad for him. Jack’s lame excuse notwithstanding, he’ll have enough in the bank to have a nice post-announcing retirement.
Actually the very thing I thought of when I watched it....was that's Elmer Fudd. "Shhhhshhh! Be very very quiet! I'm hunting rabbits."

The whole thing was/is was overblown.

DAC

Post by DAC » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:27 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:16 pm
sinklair wrote:
Most people just don't give a fuck. We're not all interested in constantly being offended
Include me in the "don't give a fuck" group.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:09 pm

All Right!! Jack is Back.

The statement that he gave was probably forced on him by management; he says it if he wants to keep the job.

I heard nothing wrong or racist in what he said.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic