Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Does anyone have video of Sinklair signing his/her/its contract under gunpoint?

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
Matt

Does anyone have video of Sinklair signing his/her/its contract under gunpoint?

Post by Matt » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:37 am

Just wondering...

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

sinklair

Re: Does anyone have video of Sinklair signing his/her/its contract under gunpoint?

Post by sinklair » Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:49 pm

Hi Matt, thanks for your concern, but I’m doing just fine. My crusade against inept local TV management is alive and well. Feel free to join in and point out where local and corporate managers don’t live up to their responsibilities.

Matt

Re: Does anyone have video of Sinklair signing his/her/its contract under gunpoint?

Post by Matt » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:20 pm

Are they still paying you?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Realist

Post by Realist » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:31 pm

Really Matt?

You want to pick this fight?

I personally support what he or she is doing. It explains a lot when you watch their on air news product, which lacks a lot as of late. Maybe come up here, watch and you’ll understand

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:26 am

Matt: do I receive a paycheck from Chesapeake Media LLC every other week? Yes. “Paying me” might be a stretch since 25-66 has some of the lowest pay rates in the market.

If the new GM, In Over Her Head News Director and HR Director/Party Planner wanted to improve the station, I’d suggest that might be a good place to start. If they raised pay rates, we might keep people around for more than one contract cycle. Granted not everyone would stay. Some people would chase a bigger market or leave to become anchors in smaller markets, etc. But for those who did stay because they might make a decent living, we’d have some experience in front and behind the camera.

But as long as you can make more money at the McDonald’s down the street, we’ll always be a last place station. Only management can change that. It’s long past time they stepped up and did what’s right.

I’m sure you’ll disagree and say managers can pay whatever the hell they want… and us workers can leave. Tell me how that will improve ratings or the quality of our newscasts?

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:42 pm

Realist wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:31 pm
Really Matt?

I personally support what he or she is doing. It explains a lot when you watch their on air news product, which lacks a lot as of late. Maybe come up here, watch and you’ll understand
It's not a fight - it's pointing out facts. This person insults leadership and whines about he/she/its contract that was presumably freely signed. It's obnoxious and unnecessary. I'll continue to call bullshit as the facts dictate. Sorry I hurt your feelings.

Realist

Post by Realist » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:50 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:42 pm
Realist wrote:
Really Matt?

It's not a fight - it's pointing out facts. This person insults leadership and whines about he/she/its contract that was presumably freely signed. It's obnoxious and unnecessary. I'll continue to call bullshit as the facts dictate. Sorry I hurt your feelings.
Ever think this person isn’t on air and therefore not under contract?

I insult my top management all the time (as well as other co workers do) at my workplace because of their incompetence. Our first line managers even know and have admitted how bad our over educated idiot top boss and lap dog 2nd in command are.

I called you out on this, and gave examples, on another thread about good managers (like my spouse has) and bad managers (like I have). You never responded yet want to start this again?

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:56 pm

Realist wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:50 pm
Matt wrote:
Realist wrote:
Really Matt?

I insult my top management all the time (as well as other co workers do) at my workplace because of their incompetence. Our first line managers even know and have admitted how bad our over educated idiot top boss and lap dog 2nd in command are.

I called you out on this, and gave examples, on another thread about good managers (like my spouse has) and bad managers (like I have). You never responded yet want to start this again?
This individual has a non-compete. I've had good leadership and bad leadership in my decade and a half career. I've never thought it was appropriate to post publicly. I've trashed incompetent leadership openly when appropriate. It isn't about that. It's about an individual that is bitter and thinks Saginaw/Flint is a terminal market.

Realist

Post by Realist » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:12 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:56 pm
Realist wrote:
Matt wrote:
Realist wrote:
Really Matt?

This individual has a non-compete. I've had good leadership and bad leadership in my decade and a half career. I've never thought it was appropriate to post publicly. I've trashed incompetent leadership openly when appropriate. It isn't about that. It's about an individual that is bitter and thinks Saginaw/Flint is a terminal market.
As he’s stated before, when you go to management with problems that everyone knows about and are ignored (while the band plays on as the Titanic is sinking), maybe this is the only way to get their attention. This person knows management reads this board. Maybe they’ll wake up when something hits them too personally

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:13 pm

Realist wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:12 pm
Matt wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:56 pm
Realist wrote:
Matt wrote:
Realist wrote:
Really Matt?

As he’s stated before, when you go to management with problems that everyone knows about and are ignored (while the band plays on as the Titanic is sinking), maybe this is the only way to get their attention. This person knows management reads this board. Maybe they’ll wake up when something hits them too personally
Have they yet?

What makes you think this person has any credibility or understanding of what corporate wants?

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:37 am

Matt, I find it interesting that you and others prefer to criticize me instead of criticizing the massive problems at 25-66. You might want to change your focus on more productive endeavors… like advocating for good journalism.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:38 pm

sinklair wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:37 am
Matt, I find it interesting that you and others prefer to criticize me instead of criticizing the massive problems at 25-66. You might want to change your focus on more productive endeavors… like advocating for good journalism.
Has your whining on here changed even one thing?

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:46 pm

First, pointing out facts and advocating for change isn’t whining.

You’d have to ask 25-66 managers if my posts make a difference. I’m not invited to the behind the door gatherings that discuss our posts on the Buzzboard. From my perspective, the posts haven’t resulted in the mass firings of the new GM, the ASSistant GM/Promotion Director, the In Over Her Head News Director, the HR Director/Grilled Cheese Party Planner, and the Director of Declining Sales… so we keep posting until they change things or exit stage left.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:47 pm

Matt here has a bit of OCD. He will hound you because you don't share his perspective that people deserve dignity. Just igrone him, he will start taking his meds and eventually leave you alone.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic