Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Does anyone have video of Sinklair signing his/her/its contract under gunpoint?

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

Re: Does anyone have video of Sinklair signing his/her/its contract under gunpoint?

Post by sinklair » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:56 pm

TC: Matt and the 25-66 managers have the same personality disorder… they think they are the smartest people in the room and don’t have to consider other perspectives. They talk down to us, instead of understanding their perspective is only one way to look at the current situation. If Matt snd the 25-66 managers would take a moment, listen and consider, they might have better outcomes, happier employees, etc. I might not change Matt or my managers’ minds, but at least we are standing up for what’s right and advocating for good journalism.

Matt

Re: Does anyone have video of Sinklair signing his/her/its contract under gunpoint?

Post by Matt » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:44 pm

sinklair wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:56 pm
TC: Matt and the 25-66 managers have the same personality disorder… they think they are the smartest people in the room and don’t have to consider other perspectives. They talk down to us, instead of understanding their perspective is only one way to look at the current situation. If Matt snd the 25-66 managers would take a moment, listen and consider, they might have better outcomes, happier employees, etc. I might not change Matt or my managers’ minds, but at least we are standing up for what’s right and advocating for good journalism.
You have no idea what you are talking about, on many levels. I have no idea what middle management is like in Flint/Saginaw, but I'm sure they are trying to meet corporate objectives. I don't particularly have any love/respect for SBG, especially with how badly they've fucked up the former FOX Sports regional properties.

I don't believe in local journalism, because it no longer exists. The former print media is hot garbage and the decision to go to mostly pay models 15-20 years too late for a piss-poor electronic product further diminishes the local media/"journalism" community. If you can't see this, I'm not sure I can help you.

As for my leadership style, I'm an inclusive/democratic leader. I believe the explanation "because, that's how we've always done things" is hot garbage and a bad excuse. It is important to understand historical decisions and why they were made and evaluate on current business needs/goals.

Look, you have a choice to make. I don't know how old you are and what your appetite for making a career change is, but I think the local journalism you are passionate about is dead and gone. I think deep down you know that.

Oh, and TCT, I frequently dog you when you misrepresent or straight up lie - you know - when you display the same behaviors Sinklair rails against from SBG management?

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:25 pm

Matt, sounds like we agree on a lot of things… just not the big one. You think local journalism is dead. I believe it’s worth fighting for. Local TV station managers may chase after the almighty dollar. I believe putting on a better news product is the only way to get back the ratings we’ve pissed away to sloppy, biased journalism.

Does it make a difference? Maybe. Maybe not. But it’s sure a hell of a lot better than suffering in silence. If our managers figure out who’s posting and we lose our jobs, so be it. At least we went down swinging on the right side of pushing for better local journalism than the crap the Sinclair corporate Death Star serves up currently.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:25 pm

Explain how local journalism comes back without artificially making EVERYTHING political to get clicka/views...

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:36 pm

If all you’re ever fed is sugar water, you can’t appreciate a good whiskey. Give viewers a better alternative than what local news provides and we’ll find an audience.

Just look at what Flint Beat is doing to local newspapers. They frequently have outmaneuvered M-Live in its coverage of local government… all with limited staff and even more limited funding.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:53 am

sinklair wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:36 pm
If all you’re ever fed is sugar water, you can’t appreciate a good whiskey. Give viewers a better alternative than what local news provides and we’ll find an audience.

Just look at what Flint Beat is doing to local newspapers. They frequently have outmaneuvered M-Live in its coverage of local government… all with limited staff and even more limited funding.
What is your proposed business model?

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:24 am

Do better journalism = higher ratings = higher revenue = higher profits = higher salaries = happier employees. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Matt: you seem to have lots of questions and very few ideas. Time to get off the pot and do something more than criticize. Otherwise find another poster to troll.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:14 am

sinklair wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:24 am
Do better journalism = higher ratings = higher revenue = higher profits = higher salaries = happier employees. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Matt: you seem to have lots of questions and very few ideas. Time to get off the pot and do something more than criticize. Otherwise find another poster to troll.
You are the one trolling this forum and your employer. You belittle your leadership by giving them obnoxious nicknames, and when asked, you give a third grade solution.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:43 am

sinklair wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:24 am
Time to get off the pot and do something more than criticize.
This statement just may be the single most appropriate time to bust out this meme literally in the history of the internet :lol:

Deleted User 15331

Post by Deleted User 15331 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:59 am

Many of sinklair's posts have the potential to be libelous. It could land him (or her) and this website in a world of legal trouble.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:33 am

The first and ultimate defense for libel is that it is the truth or fair comment (also satire). Plus they’d have to be able to prove who I am. Then my lawyers would have Sinclair and 25-66 have to open their books in open court to discuss their policies on low pay, lack of minority representation, how they force local journalists to run one-sided political stories, etc. It would be messy and expensive for them and a PR nightmare. Plus they know I’m right. No one wants to go on the record and piss off the corporate Death Star.

Herm

Post by Herm » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:46 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:42 pm
Realist wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:31 pm
Really Matt?

You want to pick this fight?

I personally support what he or she is doing. It explains a lot when you watch their on air news product, which lacks a lot as of late. Maybe come up here, watch and you’ll understand
It's not a fight - it's pointing out facts. This person insults leadership and whines about he/she/its contract that was presumably freely signed. It's obnoxious and unnecessary. I'll continue to call bullshit as the facts dictate. Sorry I hurt your feelings.
“It” is never an appropriate pronoun. They/Their is what you’re looking for, I believe.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:39 am

It’s amazing to me that soooo many posters here are so concerned with one poster and our disagreements with a billion dollar broadcaster. But you don’t have the same concern about how that same broadcaster treats its employees or how it airs one-sided must-run stories or its lack of minority representation in station management or its low pay for workers, etc.

There are either a lot of snowflakes who visit this forum who are personally offended by everything… or there are more 25-66 managers posting anonymously on the Buzzboard than I thought.

I will say once again that if my bosses don’t like our criticisms, then fix the damn problems. It’s a pretty simple solution. That they can’t or won’t fix the problems is their issue and is a reflection on either their indifference or incompetence. Either way, we will continue to speak up until things change.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:15 am

sinklair wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:39 am
It’s amazing to me that soooo many posters here are so concerned with one poster and our disagreements with a billion dollar broadcaster.
You are receiving the amount of ridicule that you're getting because you are by far the most active poster in this forum (nobody is even a close second). Some people here think you have hijacked this forum for your own personal vendetta.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:10 pm

BMW: Feel free to post other topics. Seems the only thing you like to contribute lately is criticism of me.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic