Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WWCK 1570 not powering down at night?

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
Colonel Flagg

WWCK 1570 not powering down at night?

Post by Colonel Flagg » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:36 pm

A DX'er on Long Island (near The Hamptons) has been hearing WWCK at night on occasion. That's a pretty good catch. Methinks they are running full power all night. Anyone else hearing this? CK722?

Did the rats in the building chew on the lamp timer? :lol

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Ben Zonia

Re: WWCK 1570 not powering down at night?

Post by Ben Zonia » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:24 pm

They got a new transmitter and seem to be overmodulated. They were off for several days. Heard there was a crisis related parts shortage, and like so many of us having these delay/shortage problems with all kinds of products, they had to buy a new one. WWCK has been the most likely station to be heard from the Flint area recently, with CHLO and CFOR gone to FM. There is a 1570 in Riverhead, NY. Mary Novak and Don McComb went out to inventory it circa 1971 when Metrocom sold it. Also where Rick Sklar worked early in his career when it was WAPC. It was WHRF the Wharf until circa 1971. Maybe the person who heard it is associated with 1570 Riverhead?

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic