Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Banning Non-Competes

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

Re: Banning Non-Competes

Post by sinklair » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:39 pm

Mike Woolfolk and Frank Turner are both underutilized. Both can be franchise players. The 25-66 In Over Her Head News Director won’t promote him. 5’s new News Director Jayne Hodak needs to put Turner on the big shows and knock Custer down a peg or two.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:41 am

Constant Listener wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:08 pm
Matt wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:38 am
sinklair wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:49 pm
Funny, Teddy. You sound a lot like one of the 25-66 managers who post anonymously here.
Did you ever stop and think that maybe you are the problem? You bitch and complain about your situation, your company, and ANYONE that holds a leadership position. Maybe it's time for a little self reflection.
C’mon Matt. I’ve been working for the State for nearly 25 years and have had ONE decent director of my office in that time period. The current director at my office is what I call an over educated idiot, as he lacks common sense but has a Masters Degree. The rah rah positive attitude that he demands in the office just ignores a multitude of issues there. I point them out and am deemed negative. No, I’m not negative but I just don’t walk around with those colored glasses on.

And this is EXACTLY what Sinklair does with pointing out the issues at 25/66. My God, they pull Mike Redfield off weekday evening broadcasts to do weekends because of the trickle down effect of firing Rachelle Spence? That’s just completely ignorant management
You work for a non-profit state government that exists to serve the people of the State of Michigan, and Sinklair works for a publicly-traded, for-profit corporate media outlet that exists to maximize shareholder value. Your directors are political appointees that serve at the pleasure of the Governor that appointed them. Your complaints seem to be about genuinely wanting to make things better. Sinklair just seems completely miserable, hence the reason I suggested self-reflection.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Realist

Post by Realist » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:15 am

Matt wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:41 am
Constant Listener wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:08 pm
Matt wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:38 am
sinklair wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:49 pm
Funny, Teddy. You sound a lot like one of the 25-66 managers who post anonymously here.
Did you ever stop and think that maybe you are the problem? You bitch and complain about your situation, your company, and ANYONE that holds a leadership position. Maybe it's time for a little self reflection.
C’mon Matt. I’ve been working for the State for nearly 25 years and have had ONE decent director of my office in that time period. The current director at my office is what I call an over educated idiot, as he lacks common sense but has a Masters Degree. The rah rah positive attitude that he demands in the office just ignores a multitude of issues there. I point them out and am deemed negative. No, I’m not negative but I just don’t walk around with those colored glasses on.

And this is EXACTLY what Sinklair does with pointing out the issues at 25/66. My God, they pull Mike Redfield off weekday evening broadcasts to do weekends because of the trickle down effect of firing Rachelle Spence? That’s just completely ignorant management
You work for a non-profit state government that exists to serve the people of the State of Michigan, and Sinklair works for a publicly-traded, for-profit corporate media outlet that exists to maximize shareholder value. Your directors are political appointees that serve at the pleasure of the Governor that appointed them. Your complaints seem to be about genuinely wanting to make things better. Sinklair just seems completely miserable, hence the reason I suggested self-reflection.
Actually I’m talking about local office directors. The Dilbert principle is alive and well

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:23 am

Do the local directors report directly to Lansing? Also, is there a Lansing management infrastructure that generally stays in place regardless of who is the politically appointed head?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Realist

Post by Realist » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:58 pm

1 - No. we have essentially zone directors that they report to.
2 - Yes and no. The appointed State director can bring in immediate subordinates underneath them, but there are some people who have worked themselves up internally to a top position that they seem to stay in.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:02 pm

Matt: I’m not miserable. I’m just pointing out station mismanagement.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:24 pm

Back about 2000, in the DC area, news anchor Maureen Bunion jumped from TV9 to TV7. One Friday she was on 9, and the next Monday she was on 7. Gordon Peterson did this also a little while later, also from 9 to 7. WUSA lost several people to WJLA this way. No year's break; just the weekend. Either no non-compete clause, or it wasn't enforced.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:16 am

DC bans non competes, Michigan does not (at least at this time)

https://www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/how-w ... e-9874987/

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic