Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WAQP has two new sub-channels, DEFY and True Real

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
MikeBear

WAQP has two new sub-channels, DEFY and True Real

Post by MikeBear » Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:09 pm

WAQP 49 (RF36) just started broadcasting TWO new networks yesterday. DEFY on 49.7 and True Real on 49.8.

Martin Stett

Re: WAQP has two new sub-channels, DEFY and True Real

Post by Martin Stett » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:43 am

Reality TV shows, but to each his own. WAQP 49 now has more channels than we had in total in 1970.
Down cable, up broadcast!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:01 am

Reality show-driven diginets on a supposed Christian broadcasting station; now that's funny!

The fact one of the networks is called "Defy" is rich irony. :)

It will be interesting to see if sister station WTLJ in Muskegon / Grand Rapids begins adding more in the way of secular diginets. So far, they only offer The Grio.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:56 pm

I was surprised to learn WAQP is actually commercial a few years ago:

--------------------------------------
Service: Full Service Television
Facility Type: Commercial
Facility Status: LICENSED

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Martin Stett

Post by Martin Stett » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:04 pm

I was surprised to learn WAQP is actually commercial
Heavily. By day it's the Car Shield station; late at night, lots of leaky prostate and burial insurance ads.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:20 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:01 am
Reality show-driven diginets on a supposed Christian broadcasting station; now that's funny!

It will be interesting to see if sister station WTLJ in Muskegon / Grand Rapids begins adding more in the way of secular diginets. So far, they only offer The Grio.
Actually, I've seen Christian stations going somewhat secular now. First one I ever saw was TV46 WHME South Bend, now home to FeTV, doing secular programming, which even goes against what prior "Christianity" was. Bewitched, I Dream of Jeanie, and even shows that openly show "homosexuals." The scandal!!!!! I think some "Christian" stations see fewer people are into organized religion, while having different views of what "Christianity" really is.

Another example: KDOC 56 Los Angeles in the late 90's. Now comparable to WGN or Miami's channel 39 WSFL. Ion (WPXD 31) is another example, after being Pax and a few other networks.

So it's not really funny or new. Guess you have to travel to see most of them.

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:07 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:

All of WAQP's extra subchannels are already taken in Grand Rapids/Kalamazoo/Battle Creek:
Laff (WAQP-DT4) is on WOOD-DT3 and WZPX-DT4
Court TV Mystery (WAQP-DT5) is on WWMT-DT4 and WZPX-DT5
Grit (WAQP-DT6) is on WOTV-DT3 and WZPX-DT3
Defy (WAQP-DT7) is on WZPX-DT6
True Real (WAQP-DT8) is on WXMI-DT4

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:42 pm

TeddyBear wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:20 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:

Actually, I've seen Christian stations going somewhat secular now. First one I ever saw was TV46 WHME South Bend, now home to FeTV, doing secular programming, which even goes against what prior "Christianity" was. Bewitched, I Dream of Jeanie, and even shows that openly show "homosexuals." The scandal!!!!! I think some "Christian" stations see fewer people are into organized religion, while having different views of what "Christianity" really is.

Another example: KDOC 56 Los Angeles in the late 90's. Now comparable to WGN or Miami's channel 39 WSFL. Ion (WPXD 31) is another example, after being Pax and a few other networks.

So it's not really funny or new. Guess you have to travel to see most of them.
WZPX aired The WB on a 22-hour delay from fall of 99-06 at 6PM every night. As I liked to call them at the time paid programming network as that was all they showed during the day time other than Kids WB in the afternoon and WB programming at 6PM.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic