Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Fortune 500

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

Fortune 500

Post by sinklair » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:18 am

For the first time in it's history. Sinclair Broadcast Group announced that it is on the list of Fortune 500

https://nbc25news.com/news/nation-world ... first-time

I wonder now what excuse Chris the Ripper, the new hand picked Sinclair GM, the In Over Her Head News Director and the HR Director/Grilled Cheese party planner will use for excuses about why we won't give performance pay raises.

Deleted User 15555

Re: Fortune 500

Post by Deleted User 15555 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:35 am

I’m no expert but I would think constantly talking poorly about your employer online is not a way to get a raise.

Realist

Post by Realist » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:50 pm

BehindTheScenes wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:35 am
I’m no expert but I would think constantly talking poorly about your employer online is not a way to get a raise.
And since Sinclair uses an alias on here, how would they ever know who it was?

Hell. I’m not in broadcasting. If I say that the top dog in my office is a spineless twit with a fragile ego, anger issues and power and control problems, how’s he going to know I said it?

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:58 pm

For about the last four years we haven’t received even basic raises. It’s one excuse after another from the former GM/accountant in chief/egomaniac. And the new handpicked Sinclair GM is running the same playbook. We’re done being silent. If the GM, the In Over Her Head News Director or Chris the Ripper doesn’t like that their employees are unhappy and feel that they have no other recourse other than speaking out on the Buzzboard, then I suggest they fix it. A simple solution.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:27 pm

I've followed this and tried to make sense of it, but it doesn't make sense.

If sinklair works for Sinclair, I'm sure they know who he is. And if he doesn't, they also know. I don't know much about Sinclair. Are they the same Sinclair that used to own WAAM 1600 years ago? Or is this a different Sinclair? But I have to believe that sinklair has a vendetta for Sinclair, and it appears like it has more to do about their politics compared to his than anything else. Otherwise, just about any corporation in any type of business is difficult to work for these days. I don't know how one is that much worse than another. You do what you have to to survive. Get over it. My suspicion is that he has a mole in Sinclair, but he doesn't work for them. If I were sinklair, I'd probably think Sinclair had my phone tapped.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:28 am

TC: you give local management waaay too much credit for their investigative skills. Yes, they think they know who I am/we are. But I/we don’t post on company time or use any company property, hence why the Chief Engineer and IT Manager haven’t found even one instance of network traffic pointing to me/us.

The GM and News Director have had comments to the staff, but it’s clear they have zero interest in addressing the issues that are leading to some of the worst morale, high turnover, low pay, lack of diversity especially in key management roles, us being forced to run one-sided corporate propaganda, lack of investment. forced job cuts leading to a lack of staff to cover shifts, micromanagement, horrible on-air presentation due to many technical errors that never get fixed, adding more newscasts without any additional staff... do I need to go on? I could because I have a lot more.

When you’ve attempted to address these issues directly with my supervisor, department head, GM and HR — only to be told essentially to shut up and bear it — that they’d rather ignore the problems instead of advocating for their workers because they don’t want to rock the boat at corporate— and that anyone who wants to advocate for a quality newscast is just a whiner and the problem.... we’ll, what the hell do they expect us to do???

People have said if we are unhappy, then just quit. If you’ve seen the revolving door of talented, unappreciated and underpaid talent both behind and in front of the camera leave 25-66 in recent years, you’d be blind to the reality that management just doesn’t care about either their employees or the quality of journalism.

I take exception to you and others who disagree with my approach to calling out the mismanagement at 25-66. Why should I quit? I work hard. I do a good job. I’ve never been written up.

The fact is if management wants to shut us up, to borrow a line from big Gretch, fix the damn problems.

We don’t talk about any proprietary, confidential business information. We are talking about the miserable workplace conditions and the lack of even basic journalistic ethics. You want to call that a vendetta against my employer... so be it. But again you miss the entire point of this post. Sinclair has become one of the biggest local broadcasters in the country off the backs of its workers. They can afford to pay college degreed broadcasting professionals better than entry level workers down the street at McDonalds.

Get over it? If you’ve been following me/us for any length of time you’d know that just isn’t going to happen. I’d encourage you to get over blaming us for calling attention to conditions we neither created nor are we empowered to fix.

Deleted User 15555

Post by Deleted User 15555 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:29 am

sinklair wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:28 am
TC: you give local management waaay too much credit for their investigative skills. Yes, they think they know who I am/we are. But I/we don’t post on company time or use any company property, hence why the Chief Engineer and IT Manager haven’t found even one instance of network traffic pointing to me/us.

The GM and News Director have had comments to the staff, but it’s clear they have zero interest in addressing the issues that are leading to some of the worst morale, high turnover, low pay, lack of diversity especially in key management roles, us being forced to run one-sided corporate propaganda, lack of investment. forced job cuts leading to a lack of staff to cover shifts, micromanagement, horrible on-air presentation due to many technical errors that never get fixed, adding more newscasts without any additional staff... do I need to go on? I could because I have a lot more.

When you’ve attempted to address these issues directly with my supervisor, department head, GM and HR — only to be told essentially to shut up and bear it — that they’d rather ignore the problems instead of advocating for their workers because they don’t want to rock the boat at corporate— and that anyone who wants to advocate for a quality newscast is just a whiner and the problem.... we’ll, what the hell do they expect us to do???

People have said if we are unhappy, then just quit. If you’ve seen the revolving door of talented, unappreciated and underpaid talent both behind and in front of the camera leave 25-66 in recent years, you’d be blind to the reality that management just doesn’t care about either their employees or the quality of journalism.

I take exception to you and others who disagree with my approach to calling out the mismanagement at 25-66. Why should I quit? I work hard. I do a good job. I’ve never been written up.

The fact is if management wants to shut us up, to borrow a line from big Gretch, fix the damn problems.

We don’t talk about any proprietary, confidential business information. We are talking about the miserable workplace conditions and the lack of even basic journalistic ethics. You want to call that a vendetta against my employer... so be it. But again you miss the entire point of this post. Sinclair has become one of the biggest local broadcasters in the country off the backs of its workers. They can afford to pay college degreed broadcasting professionals better than entry level workers down the street at McDonalds.

Get over it? If you’ve been following me/us for any length of time you’d know that just isn’t going to happen. I’d encourage you to get over blaming us for calling attention to conditions we neither created nor are we empowered to fix.
What you say is probably true. That’s broadcasting right now. You could ask colleagues at 12 & 5 and the same problems would pop up. I agree with the problems.

But things don’t change if you keep tolerating it. At some point sinklair, you and your coworkers have to realize your own self worth and find a greener pasture. As much as you’d like to think they’ll listen and change, that’s not the way many companies operate now.

Deleted User 15555

Post by Deleted User 15555 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:31 am

Letting your opinion out online is your right. All I’m saying is if they have suspicions on who you are then that’s not a good place to start when looking for more money.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:48 am

BTS: they’re not giving pay increases to those who keep their mouths shut either. We’re tired of being good soldiers and keep taking it on the chin. So several of us are just — to borrow a quote from one of our colleagues— “keepin it real”.

You’re right that in a normal world poking the boss who you rely on to give you that raise probably isn’t the way to get that raise, promotion, time off, etc. But Sinclair isn’t normal in ANY sense.

They hate it when their stations are ridiculed in websites like FTV Live, News Blues, etc. and try to do anything to intimidate us to shut the hell up. So we’re tired, frustrated, and pissed off of waiting for the bosses to do the right thing. If they realize that we aren’t going anywhere, maybe they’ll make the decision that if they fix the problems, we won’t have any reason to post on the Buzzboard and we’ll all live in a broadcasting Utopia.

Until then, the new handpicked Sinclair GM, the ASSistant GM/Promotions Director, the In Over Her Head News Director, the Director of Declining Sales, the HR Director/Grilled Cheese Party Planner all have a decision... it’s their actions that have gotten us here so it’s going to be their actions that move us from this position... are they going to improve things for their workers or are they going to continue to have unhappy workers and a growing list of unhappy former workers air our dirty laundry in public? Your move Jennifer, Jamie, Neille-Ann, Cody and Ashley...

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:54 am

And the guys at 5 and 12 are absolutely fascinated by the sh*tshow on Pierson Road. Word of warning to Pete Veto and Denise... there are lines of current and former WJRTers lined up to throw you guys under the bus, back over you, and run you over again for the way you’re treating them as well.

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:58 pm

Same Bitch Different Day!

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:24 am

Is the party planner going to have a party for Sinclair making it on Fortune 500 at 25/66 should get the burgers/hotdogs and not grilled cheese out?

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:23 am

Master: don’t give her ideas. Sinclair gets on the Fortune 500 list by limiting pay raises and laying off 5% of its workforce, let’s celebrate with cake and ice cream!!!

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:13 am

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:33 pm

Why doesn't 25 have a noon newscast doesn't want to be dead last at noon like in every other timeslot I'm sure 66 wins its timeslot from 7AM to 9AM M-F. I'm sure 25 will get a ratings bump from the Olympics as the lead into the newscast.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic