Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WNEM News Director flees before Gray takeover

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
whitebalance

Re: WNEM News Director flees before Gray takeover

Post by whitebalance » Fri May 28, 2021 7:37 am

12 looks like a public access channel. The weekends are a mess. Matt and Angie doing weekends is pointless. The long shots at the end of the newscasts are ridiculous. 12 only seems to have people whose careers are going nowhere. Not impressed

smallwonder

Post by smallwonder » Fri May 28, 2021 9:01 am

That also means no more stories of Custer interviewing his mom at Home Depot either.

turn up the radio! mighty in might!

cathouse1974

Post by cathouse1974 » Fri May 28, 2021 12:24 pm

WTF are you talking about?

Realist

Post by Realist » Fri May 28, 2021 10:36 pm

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

There’s a conflict of interest if I’ve ever seen one.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat May 29, 2021 4:03 am

Neither David nor Karin felt there was a conflict... hence the current state of WNEM all about me “journalism”

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat May 29, 2021 4:08 am

Here’s what Jayne posted to her Facebook page yesterday:

“I am a true believer that everything happens for a reason and a season. Two years ago I walked out of the newsroom that I loved for 16 years. I needed a mental break. I needed time with my family. A year and a half ago, I was lucky to join the wonderful people at the Michigan Association of Broadcasters. I met some awesome people and worked with a great team! But I was missing what and who I am. I missed being a journalist. This week I was blessed with the opportunity to lead a new group of talented reporters, producers, anchors and photojournalists. Starting June 21 I will once again be in the newsroom as the News Director for WNEM TV-5. I am beyond thrilled! It will be great to get those journalism juices flowing again(they never really stopped) and I am looking forward to telling the stories that are important and impactful to Mid-Michigan 💕

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat May 29, 2021 4:16 am

And Custer never misses an opportunity to suck up to the new boss...

“ Welcome! We are eager for your arrival and excited to serve Mid-Michigan under your leadership. Congratulations and thank you for lending your skills and talent to our team... your team!”

whitebalance

Post by whitebalance » Sat May 29, 2021 8:26 am

Jayne, welcome. I hope your arrival with continue the good work at 5. Let's not have the main Anchors do weekends. It's looks ridiculous. Matt and Angie deserve better. Gray must think differently.

You have the opportunity to take 5 to a higher level, if Gray Let's you. 12 looks like a public access channel.
Don't go there.
Be a Jennifer Lyons, former news director of WGN Chicago. She took that station to high levels of greatness. Research it. Good luck

Realist

Post by Realist » Sat May 29, 2021 10:12 pm

sinklair wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 4:16 am

“ Welcome! We are eager for your arrival and excited to serve Mid-Michigan under your leadership. Congratulations and thank you for lending your skills and talent to our team... your team!”
🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Hope she’s smart enough to get rid of him when his contract is up. Meg and Frank Turner would be excellent at 5,6 and 11
whitebalance wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 8:26 am
Let's not have the main Anchors do weekends. It's looks ridiculous. Matt and Angie deserve better. Gray must think differently.
You do realize that started because of COVID? It’s also the same reason that Matt Barbour and Christine Winter don’t do the Noon news weekdays anymore. If they’re all vaccinated, it needs to go back to normal pre pandemic

Willie108

Post by Willie108 » Sun May 30, 2021 7:49 am

Speaking of 12, what the heck was Cheri Hardmon doing the 6:00 news??? She used to do the weekends, but it is painful watching her non-stop stumbling thru copy. And that doesn't even take into effect the constant technical glitches. She's a much better field reporter IMHO.

Realist

Post by Realist » Sun May 30, 2021 9:50 am

Willie108 wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 7:49 am
Speaking of 12, what the heck was Cheri Hardmon doing the 6:00 news??? She used to do the weekends, but it is painful watching her non-stop stumbling thru copy. And that doesn't even take into effect the constant technical glitches. She's a much better field reporter IMHO.
She is a HORRIBLE anchor. Can’t stand watching her anchoring because of the aforementioned verbal stumbling. Very unprofessional

DAC

Post by DAC » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:18 am

whitebalance wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 8:26 am
Let's not have the main Anchors do weekends. It's looks ridiculous.
It looks better to have inexperienced, learning-on-the-job people working weekends? Additionally, don't the main anchors look pretty much ridiculous regardless of what day it is?

Deleted User 15555

Post by Deleted User 15555 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:20 pm

sinklair wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 4:16 am

Your obsession with Custer is borderline concerning.

On the topic at hand there are probably not many newsrooms in the country that need a refresh more than 5.

Luke

Post by Luke » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:51 pm

Realist wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 9:50 am
Willie108 wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 7:49 am
She is a HORRIBLE anchor. Can’t stand watching her anchoring because of the aforementioned verbal stumbling. Very unprofessional
Is she the only person in the market to have worked at all three stations?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic