Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Gray TV buys Meredith TV group

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
organman95

Re: Gray TV buys Meredith TV group

Post by organman95 » Mon May 17, 2021 7:11 am

Just spin it one of them off as a sidecar. Hell, Sinclair has NBC and Fox, so why not? Similar to Northern MI, where you have two companies running NBC/ABC, and CBS/FOX.

Seems to be 'the cool thing to do' these days...

sinklair

Re: Gray TV buys Meredith TV group

Post by sinklair » Mon May 17, 2021 9:52 am

I think there’s a conflict with the amount of advertising 5 and 12 rake in, putting it over the FCC limits, which is why those two stations can’t combine under a sidecar arrangement. Maybe someone here can further explain in greater detail.

I think 25 and 66 were also able to get approval under the FCC’s “failing station” test.

Not that I think what Sinclair is doing is good for either station or viewers. More voices, more competition is better for the marketplace. I’d hate to see 5 and 12 combine and get rid of another news outlet. With M-Live hardly covering news these days, we need more (not less) local news coverage coming from local TV stations.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic