Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

25-66 misleading national must-runs COVID edition

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

25-66 misleading national must-runs COVID edition

Post by sinklair » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:29 am

25-66 again continues to be a local lapdog for its corporate must-run national propaganda. It continues to run one-sided and biased news reports, and 25-66’s In Over Her Head News Director refused to either not run these pieces or to add additional information to provide context/balance/perspective/depth... you know, her job as a Master’s degree “journalist”.

Here’s a list of how Sinclair is leaving out important information viewers might want to know as Congress debates the HEREOS Act funding to help provide viewers and local businesses relief from COVID-19 pandemic impacts:

https://www.mediamatters.org/sinclair-b ... act-months

Instead, the article states: “ Sinclair’s notable failures have included giving a platform to COVID-19 conspiracy theories, interviewing people who spread them, and falsely claiming proven preventive measures don’t work. Now, Sinclair has also spent months covering negotiations over COVID-19 relief spending bills while barely mentioning that House Democrats passed a bill back in May to provide more relief to people, the HEROES Act, that the Republican-controlled Senate blocked.”

As usual, nothing from our Shipped in from Out of Town new Sinclair GM either about our responsibility to provide fair, balanced, accurate news reporting. Instead she and the ASSistant GM/Promotions Director turns a blind eye and continues to promote shows like America This Week which have given platforms to proven false conspiracy theories.

Realist

Re: 25-66 misleading national must-runs COVID edition

Post by Realist » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:46 pm

Read your last story about the “projected” President elect Biden. It’s obvious that the top management at 25/66/46 are just corporate puppets, kind of like the Dumb and Dumber top managers at my (non broadcasting) office. Glad they got called out on that issue and this story by broadcasting industry insiders nationwide. Problem is the people that don’t have open minds or educate themselves to look for other sources of news and gag down everything Sinclair delivers....

And I see our resident neo-Con has his typical over used response already. Give it up R. Your “heroes” 🙄🙄🙄 lost

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:22 pm

Realist: whole heartedly agree.

We don’t have a choice about running this corporate propaganda, however we can (and should) tag out of the stories with the additional information. It’s a lack of direction from our In Over Her Head News Director that’s preventing us from doing the right thing.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:50 pm

My beef with media matters is that they don't ever go after CNN or MSNBC liberal media just Fox News, Sinclair, etc, I don't go to Media Matters as media doesn't matter to them.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

YpsiGuy

Post by YpsiGuy » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:02 pm

One thing I’ve learned in life already is if I want accurate news, I go outside the US to get it.

BBC, France24, Aljazeera English, Deutsche Welle, etc.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:53 pm

MasterB: agree that Media Matters doesn’t do as well of a job holding CNN and MSNBC’s feet to the fire. Those cable networks have the same issues when it comes to blurring the line between balanced news and its opinion hosts. To give credit where it’s due, Fox News has some very good and fair journalists... they are just obscured by Hannity, Carlson, Ingraham, Piero, et al.

But Media Matters’ analysis of the shortcomings/bias of Sinclair’s national must run “stories” is right on target. The pieces are universally hated by the 25-66 news team. The In Over Her Head News Director makes excuses for this crap. Local journalists should be responsible for making sure our local newscasts are fair, balanced, bias free. As a result, Neille should be relieved of her duties and we need someone who actually will stand up for the news team. It would also help that the new News Director actually live in the market they cover... just saying’

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic