Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

I call one-sided BS

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

I call one-sided BS

Post by sinklair » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:44 am

Sex starved Fox News flunkee Eric Bolling hosts “America This Week” weekly on Sinclair stations and its websites like Flint’s 25-66-46. His show regularly promotes conservative conspiracy theories without any push back on “guests”.

When called out by the “Baltimore Sun” (where Sinclair’s headquarter is based), the company responded with this laughable statement about Bolling/America This Week:

https://www.baltimoresun.com/opinion/co ... story.html

“In an emailed statement to The Sun, a Sinclair spokesman characterized Mr. Bolling’s show as “a political talk show, not a news program, that brings on a diversity of opinions whether they be left, right or center.”

First, America This Week is produced by Sinclair’s so-called corporate news division overseen by VP of “News” Scott Livingston. As a result, they should strive to provide accurate and balanced news information, not half baked and proven false conspiracies from Rudy, Bannon and other Trump loyalists.

Second, there is zero attempt to provide a diversity of opinions along the political spectrum.

This is the same program that was forced to pull an episode that alleged Dr. Anthony Fauci created COVID-19.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/27/media/si ... index.html

This is irresponsible programming. 25-66’s shipped in from out of state new GM and the in over her head news director should refuse to air this crap. Giving America This Week any air time explains why this station has zero news credibility.

Luke

Re: I call one-sided BS

Post by Luke » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:22 pm

Do you ever take a day off? It must be exhausting complaining about your employer like this every freaking day. I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying, but good grief!

rugratsonline

Post by rugratsonline » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:26 pm

It's his way of venting anger towards his employer, which apparently makes WJM-TV in "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" seem more like the BBC.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:32 am

Luke: thanks for your concern. Yes I get two days off a week. However, this is my hobby that I quite enjoy. Happy holidays!

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:59 pm

Sinklair: The initials of Baltimore Sun are BS. Any connection?

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:16 am

Paul: I won’t vouch for every story they publish... but on this one issue they are right on. We are forced to run this crap weekly and it doesn’t get close to reporting facts or even opposing sides to controversial issues.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:54 am

More examples of Eric Bolling not being an independent “journalist”:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-bow ... V+In+%2720

It now seems that Sinclair VP of “News” Scott Livingston is OK with Bolling advising President Trump on his legal strategy and post-presidential plans.

Bolling and Sinclair continue to prove why “America This Week” is a one-sided political advocacy show and should be pulled from 25-66 airwaves. Bolling has zero credibility as an independent journalist and should be fired.

Don’t get me wrong... It won’t happen. And that tells you everything you need to know about the corporate Death Star.

If any local journalist started advocating for Gov. Whitmer or Mayor Neeley, they would rightfully lose their job. But I guess Livingston has double standards for Bolling. Ethics be damned!

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:31 am

Happy holidays from America This Week (?) host Eric Bolling!!!

Because while many of us have to work through the holidays, apparently the exalted one does not. So we’ll get a “best of” (ironic isn’t it?) of ATW, including an October softball interview with President Trump. Because, you know, nothing has happened since October in Bolling’s and Sinclair’s mind.

https://nbc25news.com/news/america-this ... ay-special

We need to rebrand it America Two Months Ago... or even better. Mid-Michigan NOW! Because that rebranding has been ratings gold!

I wonder how many people Bolling was able to sexually harass on his time off...

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:15 am

Sinclair is worthy of these criticisms. The way they have all of their anchors perform like marionettes is disturbing.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:28 am

I agree wholeheartedly MotorCityRadioFreak!

It’s important to know that there is a big difference between the management who makes us do this sh*t and the good people who are objecting to the dictates from the Sinclair corporate Death Star.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:41 pm

MrReason/Lovin: I am doing just fine and still working at 25-66. Thank you for your “concern”? If you’ve been living under a rock, you might not notice that we’ve been a little busy.

Plus I’m waiting for the Buzzboard moderator to shut down your new account for the same BS that you pulled last time... homophobic statements, just being a plain dick, and for taking every topic (like this one) off topic. You and R can go crawl back into that hole of yours and make sweet love together.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program... to comment on Flint area radio and TV...

MikeBear

Post by MikeBear » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:08 pm

@sinklair

You work at 25? Has anything changed the last month or so in their transmitting? I've started getting errors and pixelation, yet WBSF 46 comes in perfect (even stronger) and they are both now on the same tower.

I'm using an outdoor HDB91x yagi antenna, and it's pointed directly at the channel 25 tower, which is more or less the exact center of my receivable tv station tower arc.

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:28 pm

How would he know he is a prompter reader and complainer!

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:50 am

Mike: no changes that I know of to our signal strength. But you should call/email our Director of Engineering Peter Hernandez, phernandez@sbgtv.com or 810.785.8866 to help troubleshoot.

Dudley: name one thing that I’ve said that isn’t true? You (and 25-66 management) may not like my criticisms, but the problems aren’t going away by simply putting their heads in the sand. There’s a reason why 25-66 has remained in last place... I’d try looking at the top.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:30 am

There’s little I agree with when it comes to Sinclair’s corporate Death Star Minister of Misinformation Eric Bolling. But then he claims he is worried that with the new Biden administration, Sinclair and other alternative fact news organizations might not get the same access they enjoyed under Trump.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/2 ... ing-462015

First, it would be a mistake for Biden to limit access. Obama tried it by banning Fox News... that didn’t work out well. The free press isn’t supposed to be friendly to the administration. It is supposed to challenge decisions to make sure government works in the best interests of all people.

But here’s the rub... The news media isn’t supposed to suck up to the President in hopes of getting friendly sit downs. It is supposed to deal in facts... not opinion, not hyperbole. We’re not supposed to be the messengers for one side or the other.

If Mr. Bolling wants to start living up to these commonly accepted journalistic standards, he should get the same access to question new administration officials. But if he wants to continue to deal with proven false alt-right conspiracy theories, then he doesn’t deserve the honor to take away a spot from a real journalist. Bolling should start with actually airing a show that sticks to facts and shows a variety of viewpoints. Until then, he’s just another hack.

Despite Bolling’s protestations, President Biden and his administration shouldn’t pick and choose friendly media organizations. We’ve seen over the past four years how that erodes trust when the public feels it is only being fed a politically warped version of the truth.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic