Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

KidsClick Fine

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

KidsClick Fine

Post by sinklair » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:53 pm

Sinclair is the absolutely worst run company.

Even new employees know that you have to be very careful during kids programming not to sell advertising targeting children — something that would get you in big trouble with the FCC.

So Sinclair set up its own children’s programming arm called “Kids Click”... which ran on 25-66-46 before it folded because the former GM/egomaniac and the ASSistant GM/Promotions Director made the brilliant programming decision to air it at 5am — because you know kids are setting alarm clocks to wake up at 5am to watch cartoons.

Now our corporate overlords at the Sinclair Death Star are fighting off yet another FCC complaint after we and other stations aired commercials in violations of children’s programming restrictions.

https://www.rbr.com/program-length-tv-s ... literally/

How stupid can they be??? It’s amazing the depths that Sinclair will go to to make a quick buck. They never learn that they will always get caught. Now we will face millions of dollars of fines.

rugratsonline

Re: KidsClick Fine

Post by rugratsonline » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:15 pm

sinklair wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:53 pm
...Sinclair set up its own children’s programming arm called “Kids Click”... which ran on 25-66-46 before it folded because the former GM/egomaniac and the ASSistant GM/Promotions Director made the brilliant programming decision to air it at 5am — because you know kids are setting alarm clocks to wake up at 5am to watch cartoons.
Was KidsClick supposed to contain E/I programming? If so, airing it before 7AM would be a violation of E/I programming rules.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:33 am

Rugrats: no it wasn’t classified as E/I programming. It was just cartoons aimed at kids which still has advertising restrictions that Sinclair violated.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:15 am

That is only Bal that is getting fined $20K even know it's a lame rule when I was a kid I saw ad's for Transformers while watching Transformers along with G.I. Joe, My Little Pony etc. I could tell the difference between the cartoon and selling a toy Sinclair should fight it and take it to the courts and all the way to the Supreme Court since it is a dumb rule and outdated as I said before. KidsClick was aired at 5AM to 7AM then 8AM to 9AM on CW7 6 days a week Sunday morning was the only time it ran in pattern. I did watch the Final hour when it first came out in 2017 as CW7 aired it at 12PM to 1PM for a the first couple of months if it wasn't a repeat Pink Panther & Pals & Pacman cartoon that I watched from time to time on Disney XD.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic