Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Do as I say, not as I do

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

Do as I say, not as I do

Post by sinklair » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:10 am

Consultants and corporate managers continue to beat over our heads the importance of the stations’ digital platforms — website, Facebook, Twitter. Instagram, YouTube, email newsletters, Alexa, etc. — yet check any of the Flint-Saginaw news directors social media channels to see the lack of updating. If they can’t be bothered to lead by example, why should we follow? “Asking for a friend...”

sinklair

Re: Do as I say, not as I do

Post by sinklair » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:08 am

I’d love someone to explain the business model where it makes financial sense for TV stations to be giving up all their copyrighted news content to Facebook, Twitter and Google? These media behemoths don’t help support local journalism— and in some cases are responsible for magnifying misinformation and hate speech from the most extreme sides (both liberal and conservative).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic