Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

CW 46 Trump Town Hall

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

CW 46 Trump Town Hall

Post by sinklair » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:58 am

In his non-stop effort to find a friendly forum, President Trump will sit down with Sinclair lackey Eric Bolling next Wednesday:

https://deadline.com/2020/10/donald-tru ... 234599080/

The town hall with the Spreader in Chief will air on Flint’s CW 46... a day before he’s scheduled to participate in the final presidential debate with former VP Joe Biden.

You can bet that Bolling will firmly have his lips planted on Trump’s ample butt and won’t ask any tough questions or challenge Trump’s statements.

Just like 4 years ago Sinclair’s Vice President of “News” Scott Livingston says they’ve invited Biden to a similar town hall (LOL)... just like they did with Hillary, despite arrangements with Sinclair stations to prominently feature Trump in friendly corporate must-run propaganda.

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/ ... ner-232764

Just watch 25-66-46 warm up the a Trump Train promotion. The new GM, ASSistant GM/Promotions Director and In Over Her Head News Director will set aside any journalistic ethics!

#must-not-watch-TV

sinklair

Re: CW 46 Trump Town Hall

Post by sinklair » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:05 am

Wonder if Eric will press Trump on past sexual misconduct allegations? That might hit too close to home for Bolling...

https://www.inquirer.com/philly/enterta ... 70805.html

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:08 am

Bolling doesn’t have any credibility as an impartial journalist. He’s been a key spreader of COVID 19 misinformation. Even Sinclair has had to correct several of his lies:

https://www.baltimoresun.com/coronaviru ... story.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/16/busi ... virus.html

https://www.mediamatters.org/sinclair-b ... -masks-and

YpsiGuy

Post by YpsiGuy » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:51 pm

WBSF CW 46 would be better off as an ATSC 3.0 “lighthouse” station, ASAP.

600kW of wasted power airing the same damn channels as WEYI NBC 25. Certainly one of the dumber decisions I have seen from a broadcaster, but fully expected from the likes of Sinclair.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:13 pm

I'm not going to watch the town hall as I didn't watch neither last Thur which was softballs to Biden and tough on Trump which I thought a townhall was for the people to ask questions? And not the moderator which Samatha Gurthrie made it about herself with 20 question to the crowd only got 10 questions only which should be the other way around. And I'm not going to watch the final debate either as I didn't watch the first debate either as I'd rather watch paint dry.

I'm surprised that Sinclair isn't going to air it on Big 4 that Sinclair owns and why it's only airing on CW & MyNet TV stations only that Sinclair owns. It will air on CW7 on Wed in West Michigan.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:12 am

If either candidate can’t handle some tough questions, they don’t deserve to run for the nation’s highest office. It’s ridiculous that in a company the size of Sinclair that they can’t get a real journalist instead of a hack like Eric Bolling to conduct this town hall. It’ll be all anti-Biden and softball questions with no challenges to Trump’s record — just like his previous interviews — which is why Trump probably agreed to do it. But it won’t get any ratings nor will it get much coverage outside Sinclair’s stations which will be required to run a “must run” corporate propaganda. And of course 25-66-46’s In Over Her Head News Director will fall in line like a lemming.

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2020/ ... nald-trump

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:48 am

Sinclair is clearly trying to “Swift Boat” Biden by using a Fox network flunkee to moderate this faux town hall.

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2020/ ... oadcasting

And if Bolling can’t get basic facts right, he and his Executive Producer should be fired... otherwise Sinclair shows its hand that it has ceased being a reliable news source.

The new GM and the In Over Her Head News Director should refuse to sir these programs until changes are made. That won’t happen because they have their heads to far up corporate’s butt.

Like Dave Bondy, I’m just “Keepin’ it Real”!

YpsiGuy

Post by YpsiGuy » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:30 pm

sinklair wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:48 am
Sinclair is clearly trying to “Swift Boat” Biden by using a Fox network flunkee to moderate this faux town hall.

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2020/ ... oadcasting

And if Bolling can’t get basic facts right, he and his Executive Producer should be fired... otherwise Sinclair shows its hand that it has ceased being a reliable news source.

The new GM and the In Over Her Head News Director should refuse to sir these programs until changes are made. That won’t happen because they have their heads to far up corporate’s butt.

Like Dave Bondy, I’m just “Keepin’ it Real”!
Sinclair can’t even run stations right. Duplication of channels on WEYI and WBSF, a 2 year WAY overdue upgrade of WNWO in Toledo.

Incompetence.

SBaxley

Post by SBaxley » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:35 pm

Ypsi Guy agreed .. as for toledo here is a little comedic opinion of how sinclair treated 'NWO
Sinclair: "We will spend a ton of money to upgrade the station and improve WNWO 24 NEWS, we believe in the product"
WNWO: YAYYYYYY!!
months later....
Sinclair: We will be gutting the news department and moving it to our South Bend, Indiana station, with only some reporters and the weather based in Toledo to make the viewer believe its still done in Toledo, they wont know the difference.
WNWO: [censored]
WNWO Viewers: *crickets chirp* lets watch 'TVG

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:46 pm

More details... Sinclair is using the White House for this election “town hall” — pretty sure that breaks some federal laws about not using federal property for election activities.

Yet the White House still won’t say who has come down with COVID-19 at a time when they are inviting the public in to ground zero of the pandemic.

Then Bolling tweets out that he’s going to announce in advance of the town hall the topics/questions he plans to ask. Who does that? No real journalist. The person being interviewed never should have the opportunity to veto any question or topic. This is a Trump infomercial. The new 25-66 GM and the In Over Her Head News Director should refuse to air this campaign propaganda. Have a real journalist do a real interview.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:53 pm

We get daily emails, phone calls, and social media comments from viewers calling us biased. And then our company only reinforces it by airing this town hall filled with softball questions hosted by a partisan hack.

The response from 25-66 management? Crickets.

My company is run by idiots.

Martin Stett

Post by Martin Stett » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:35 pm

sinklair wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:53 pm
We get daily emails, phone calls, and social media comments from viewers calling us biased. And then our company only reinforces it by airing this town hall filled with softball questions hosted by a partisan hack.
Decided to get some late local news last night after the game on 25. First five minutes was nothing but the national election, and then they ran that inane 86 45 talking point that Trump's people are trying to elevate into a controversy.
When I was in retail there was a little printed homily about the man who doesn't come back.
He doesn't complain to the help.
He doesn't ask for the manager.
He doesn't call headquarters.
He just never walks into that store again.
In the same spirit, I opened up my channel menu and deleted 25-1.

YpsiGuy

Post by YpsiGuy » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:38 pm

SBaxley wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:35 pm
Ypsi Guy agreed .. as for toledo here is a little comedic opinion of how sinclair treated 'NWO
Sinclair: "We will spend a ton of money to upgrade the station and improve WNWO 24 NEWS, we believe in the product"
WNWO: YAYYYYYY!!
months later....
Sinclair: We will be gutting the news department and moving it to our South Bend, Indiana station, with only some reporters and the weather based in Toledo to make the viewer believe its still done in Toledo, they wont know the difference.
WNWO: [censored]
WNWO Viewers: *crickets chirp* lets watch 'TVG
WTVG is a very good local. Hard, impartial news with good weather.

YpsiGuy

Post by YpsiGuy » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:41 pm

sinklair wrote:

The response from 25-66 management? Crickets.

My company is run by idiots.
Sinclair is definitely run by idiots. You got that right.

YpsiGuy

Post by YpsiGuy » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:43 pm

Martin Stett wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:35 pm
sinklair wrote:
Decided to get some late local news last night after the game on 25. First five minutes was nothing but the national election, and then they ran that inane 86 45 talking point that Trump's people are trying to elevate into a controversy.
When I was in retail there was a little printed homily about the man who doesn't come back.
He doesn't complain to the help.
He doesn't ask for the manager.
He doesn't call headquarters.
He just never walks into that store again.
In the same spirit, I opened up my channel menu and deleted 25-1.
The best use for WBSF will be as an ATSC 3.0 “lighthouse” station. Then it will run programming in ATSC 3.0 for other REAL stations.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic