Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Weather nation gone on WJRT

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
static1701

Weather nation gone on WJRT

Post by static1701 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:51 am

I noticed last night that the weather channel has been replaced with bounce. I really liked that channel, we had one in the Detroit market but it went away years ago. I hope they bring them back when ATSC 3.0 gets going. So now I have a big antenna pointed for WJRT that I can point somewhere else....

audiophile

Re: Weather nation gone on WJRT

Post by audiophile » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:15 pm

Good channel. Their execution was horrible. Spots cut off, same promos for years.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:05 pm

Do you mean the Weather scan channel developed by the Weather Channel? I have only seen Weather Nation on Roku/Fire.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

thatonedude

Post by thatonedude » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:54 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:Do you mean the Weather scan channel developed by the Weather Channel? I have only seen Weather Nation on Roku/Fire.
Weatherscan is different from this. WeatherNation was meant to be a TWC competitor and is for both OTA and streaming — what you saw on Roku would be roughly the same as what you would see OTA. Weatherscan has never been an OTA channel, which is a shame, because stations would get a *lot* of use out of it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

take this job and shove it

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:08 pm

I noticed that it was gone, too. I frequently go to it at various hours to get a radar look at the weather in the area.

I agree that the way they did it could have been better, but it was better than nothing. Apparently, the contract was up, and they needed something to replace it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic