Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan State track athlete fatally shot in Saginaw

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
Bryce

Michigan State track athlete fatally shot in Saginaw

Post by Bryce » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:00 pm

This happened a drive and a nine iron from the WSAM/WKCQ studios. Damn that neighborhood has went to shit since the 70's.

Will BLM be protesting at the Gas Station?
Michigan State track athlete Tony Martin died after being gunned down early Sunday at a gas station parking lot in Saginaw.
The incident happened around 2:19 a.m. at 1944 E. Genesee St. According to WNEM, Martin died at the scene while a 22-year-old man died from gunshot wounds at the hospital.

A third shooting victim, a 25-year-old woman, arrived at a local hospital with a non-life-threatening injury to her arm.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 24

Re: Michigan State track athlete fatally shot in Saginaw

Post by Deleted User 24 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:30 am

My car was broken into there a couple times in 1978-80. It's not a part of town featured in the materials the Chamber of Commerce sends out.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:32 am

Vic Doucette wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:30 am
My car was broken into there a couple times in 1978-80. It's not a part of town featured in the materials the Chamber of Commerce sends out.
I drove through the area, on a memory lane detour, last summer. Even stopped and got gas at the very station in the article. Although the area wasn't the stuff of Chamber materials back in the 70's, today it is a downright disaster. Left me somewhat depressed. Even the neighborhood staple, Al's Market is gone.

What really surprised me is the immense decline in the Holland Rd/ I-75 area in Buena Vista. Sad really.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:00 am

What do you suppose the average household income is in the area?

Do you think it has anything to do with the school district going bankrupt and being taken over by the state under Snyder's administration?

Please note how little tax revenue the area has after the sweetheart deals Snyder gave to those manufacturers.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:09 am

Bryce wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:32 am
Vic Doucette wrote:
I drove through the area, on a memory lane detour, last summer. Even stopped and got gas at the very station in the article. Although the area wasn't the stuff of Chamber materials back in the 70's, today it is a downright disaster. Left me somewhat depressed. Even the neighborhood staple, Al's Market is gone.

What really surprised me is the immense decline in the Holland Rd/ I-75 area in Buena Vista. Sad really.
Not sure of the spelling, but is Shack's Lounge still there? A squat, cinderblock gin mill?

A couple colleagues went there once on a dare. They said the place made them feel like they should wash their hands BEFORE they went to the bathroom.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:46 am

If it was the one located on Washington Ave. It was no longer there. Norms Cosy Inn was gone too.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:51 am

No, this place was visible from Whittier Street. Closest alcohol to Big Sam.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:05 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:51 am
No, this place was visible from Whittier Street. Closest alcohol to Big Sam.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, I remember. I think the city shut that down for building violations and they moved to the Washington location which has also been torn down.

Realist

Post by Realist » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:28 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:32 am
Vic Doucette wrote:

I don’t ever really remember a time where the area around the MacDonald broadcasting studios was ever decent. That’s an area where, if you’re going down M-46, you hope you have green lights the entire way.

As for Holland / I-75 area, at least the eyesore called Fort Saginaw mall, with its long closed K-Mart, Great Scott supermarket and the like were torn dowN, along with the old Big Boy. BV Township was trying to get WalMart to come in there but even they said no

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:48 pm

I once made the mistake of stopping at the nearby food basket looking for milk. Pro tip: they don't have it.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:01 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:46 am
If it was the one located on Washington Ave. It was no longer there. Norms Cosy Inn was gone too.
I did my drinking back then mostly at Scottish Inn and the Fordney, with the occaisional trip to Noel's Place or whatever the name of the big rock and roll bar was on Bay Road.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:25 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:01 pm
whatever the name of the big rock and roll bar was on Bay Road.
Back in the day, first it was the Ace of Club's then "The Scene". Imagine my surprise to find out It's now a Deja Vu. Fortunately for them, with the Saginaw location, they won't have any trouble finding the "Three Ugly Ones."

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:31 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:

I did my drinking back then mostly at Scottish Inn and the Fordney, with the occaisional trip to Noel's Place or whatever the name of the big rock and roll bar was on Bay Road.
If I remember correctly, Lenny "the engineer" used to spend a fair amount of time at those locations. I remember drinking and dancing with "eatem Cheatum" at the Fordney Hotel.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:37 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:31 pm
Vic Doucette wrote:

If I remember correctly, Lenny "the engineer" used to spend a fair amount of time at those locations.
Didn't know him. We had Jim McClusky, Frank Maynard (fine guy, fine engineer) and a guy named Ian McDonald, an English immigrant who knew more about Motown music than anyone I had net up until then. The guy hadn't worked there more than a few weeks when he was found dead in a rest area along I-75. Some sort of medical issue, no foul play.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:38 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:37 pm
Bryce wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:31 pm
Vic Doucette wrote:

If I remember correctly, Lenny "the engineer" used to spend a fair amount of time at those locations.
Didn't know him. We had Jim McClusky, Frank Maynard (fine guy, fine engineer) and a guy named Ian McDonald, an English immigrant who knew more about Motown music than anyone I had net up until then. The guy hadn't worked there more than a few weeks when he was found dead in a rest area along I-75. Some sort of medical issue, no foul play.
Lenny was an engineer at WUCM and TV-5. Guy REALLY liked to drink. I've met Frank. You are correct!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic