Registrations in the queue through August 30 at 8:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Bill Harris, Broadcasting Hall of Fame inductee

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair
Posts: 760
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:59 am

Bill Harris, Broadcasting Hall of Fame inductee

Post by sinklair » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:24 pm

Congratulations to Bill Harris, 2020 inductee for the Michigan Association of Broadcasters Hall of Fame!

https://michmab.com/programs-events/lif ... x1V1wrZyvs



lovinlife101
Posts: 5549
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Bill Harris, Broadcasting Hall of Fame inductee

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:20 am

sinklair wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:24 pm
Congratulations to Bill Harris, 2020 inductee for the Michigan Association of Broadcasters Hall of Fame!

https://michmab.com/programs-events/lif ... x1V1wrZyvs
:rollin :rollin :rollin

Wow. That was poorly written.

The article says he’s referred to as “The Dean of Mid-Michigan News Anchors.” Then, it says a newspaper called him, “The Dean of Mid-Michigan News Anchors” despite no evidence of any newspaper ever calling him that. Nice.

It downplays his involvement with police. That’s timely (look it up) and convenient. It said he was the news director of ABC12. Nice.

Just a train wreck all around.

Zero stories he broke.

Nine Emmys in a 50 year career? Lottery winners have better odds.



sinklair
Posts: 760
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:59 am

Re: Bill Harris, Broadcasting Hall of Fame inductee

Post by sinklair » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:29 am

You sound jealous, Lovin. You’re the only person who isn’t happy for Bill.

Plus, CMU Professor Rick Sykes is also being inducted. He’s taught many young journalists, giving them a start in TV broadcasting. Congrats to him as well!



Realist
Posts: 252
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Northern Michigan

Re: Bill Harris, Broadcasting Hall of Fame inductee

Post by Realist » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:46 am

Amazing how an esteemed journalist who has been in this market for 40+ years and has several awards still has one loser that wants to piss on his high honor.

Congrats to Bill Harris. It’s a well deserved honor


Blue wave for Biden!!!

lovinlife101
Posts: 5549
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Bill Harris, Broadcasting Hall of Fame inductee

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:28 am

Realist wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:46 am
Amazing how an esteemed journalist who has been in this market for 40+ years and has several awards still has one loser that wants to piss on his high honor.

Congrats to Bill Harris. It’s a well deserved honor
Terry Camp broke more news stories this morning than Harris has his entire career.

"High honor"? The MAB Hall of Fame? :rollin :rollin :rollin

Why not do what journalists are supposed to do and tell the truth? He buddied up to police departments and provided free positive publicity his entire career without ever exposing any corruption despite his wife being a 911 dispatcher and knowing more about cops than any other newsperson. He refused to be critical of police despite that being a requirement for a journalist. Holding the powerful accountable is a requirement, not a suggestion.

Oh, but that fact is downplayed in the write-up for the MAB award given the current situation with cops. Calling them "first responders" since "cops" and "police" doesn't play well now and may tarnish his already pro-police career. Why not tell the truth all the time regardless of current events?

Oh, and he called himself the "Dean of Mid-Michigan News Anchors." No newspaper ever called him that unless it was quoting himself calling himself that.



sinklair
Posts: 760
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:59 am

Re: Bill Harris, Broadcasting Hall of Fame inductee

Post by sinklair » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:55 am

Lovin: get your facts right. The Saginaw News called Bill the “Dean”.

As far as Terry is concerned, he also deserves induction in to the Hall of Fame. One of the nicest and hardest working journalists in Flint-Saginaw.



DAC
Posts: 434
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:43 pm

Re: Bill Harris, Broadcasting Hall of Fame inductee

Post by DAC » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:27 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:20 am
sinklair wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:24 pm
Congratulations to Bill Harris, 2020 inductee for the Michigan Association of Broadcasters Hall of Fame!

https://michmab.com/programs-events/lif ... x1V1wrZyvs
:rollin :rollin :rollin

Wow. That was poorly written.

The article says he’s referred to as “The Dean of Mid-Michigan News Anchors.” Then, it says a newspaper called him, “The Dean of Mid-Michigan News Anchors” despite no evidence of any newspaper ever calling him that. Nice.

It downplays his involvement with police. That’s timely (look it up) and convenient. It said he was the news director of ABC12. Nice.

Just a train wreck all around.

Zero stories he broke.

Nine Emmys in a 50 year career? Lottery winners have better odds.
You're acting like an Ass Clown (look it up).



User avatar
Musicrewired
Posts: 147
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:04 pm
Location: Right here on the screen

Re: Bill Harris, Broadcasting Hall of Fame inductee

Post by Musicrewired » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:13 am

Congratulations to Mr. Harris.

LL101: If you believe that the MAB Hall of Fame isn't a high honor in the state for broadcasters, then please share with us, in general terms, what comparable successes you've achieved in your life.



lovinlife101
Posts: 5549
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Bill Harris, Broadcasting Hall of Fame inductee

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:17 am

Musicrewired wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:13 am
Congratulations to Mr. Harris.

LL101: If you believe that the MAB Hall of Fame isn't a high honor in the state for broadcasters, then please share with us, in general terms, what comparable successes you've achieved in your life.
First, this “Hall of Fame” racket (look it up) is not a “success” or achievement.

I can believe the MAB Hall of Fame isn’t a high honor without listing my successes, but since you asked, here we go:

1. Conscientious objector who served in Vietnam, saving the lives of more than 100 soldiers.

2. More than half a dozen advanced degrees, including PhDs.

3. Independently wealthy since 1976.

4. Given more than $1,000,000 to charity annually since the Carter administration.

5. And this is what I’m most proud of, convincing people that cops are scum.



User avatar
Musicrewired
Posts: 147
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:04 pm
Location: Right here on the screen

Re: Bill Harris, Broadcasting Hall of Fame inductee

Post by Musicrewired » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:39 am

If they think the Hall of Fame is a worthy achievement, then that's worth more than your supposed outsider opinion. Everyone here already knows you don't care for Mr. Harris, and why that is. I'm sure it's not bothering him much that you've continued restating your objections.

As to your achievements- if you've accomplished such things, why is it you limit your discourse to acrimony and licentiousness? Surely you could provide something with more depth and substance that what we see. Anyone can bash and bitch. Why not provide insight into how you've succeeded, and how that would relate to the subjects discussed here?



lovinlife101
Posts: 5549
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Bill Harris, Broadcasting Hall of Fame inductee

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:43 pm

Musicrewired wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:39 am
If they think the Hall of Fame is a worthy achievement, then that's worth more than your supposed outsider opinion. Everyone here already knows you don't care for Mr. Harris, and why that is. I'm sure it's not bothering him much that you've continued restating your objections.

As to your achievements- if you've accomplished such things, why is it you limit your discourse to acrimony and licentiousness? Surely you could provide something with more depth and substance that what we see. Anyone can bash and bitch. Why not provide insight into how you've succeeded, and how that would relate to the subjects discussed here?
My discourse isn’t limited to matrimony and lasciviousness.

You should hear my take on LGBTQIA+!



User avatar
Musicrewired
Posts: 147
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:04 pm
Location: Right here on the screen

Re: Bill Harris, Broadcasting Hall of Fame inductee

Post by Musicrewired » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:33 pm

Who said anything about matrimony? "Acrimony". Perhaps you equate the two, but they aren't inherently the same. Lasciviousness is close to what I said, so I'll let that misquote go.

Otherwise, your answer speaks for itself - it's about what I expected. In short: "Why should I?"

In any event, the subject is Bill Harris. I'm sure you have more shots ready to take, albeit nothing we haven't read before.



lovinlife101
Posts: 5549
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Bill Harris, Broadcasting Hall of Fame inductee

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:57 pm

Musicrewired wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:33 pm
Who said anything about matrimony? "Acrimony". Perhaps you equate the two, but they aren't inherently the same. Lasciviousness is close to what I said, so I'll let that misquote go.

Otherwise, your answer speaks for itself - it's about what I expected. In short: "Why should I?"

In any event, the subject is Bill Harris. I'm sure you have more shots ready to take, albeit nothing we haven't read before.
Listen, when it comes to mattress money and litigiousness, I'll say whatever I want.

Bill was on TV a long time. That's all he's accomplished.



sinklair
Posts: 760
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:59 am

Re: Bill Harris, Broadcasting Hall of Fame inductee

Post by sinklair » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:22 am

Bill Harris Lives matters...



lovinlife101
Posts: 5549
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Bill Harris, Broadcasting Hall of Fame inductee

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:42 am

sinklair wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:22 am
Bill Harris Lives matters...
Sure does!

Even ineffective, washed up, pro-police, cornhole hosting, part-time, news anchors matter.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic