Acceptable registrations in the queue through October 17 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Bill Harris' career, a lifetime of cop-supporting

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
lovinlife101
Posts: 5865
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Bill Harris' career, a lifetime of cop-supporting

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri May 29, 2020 10:17 am

With faith in law enforcement being at an all-time low, I'm curious to see what Bill Harris would say about this.

We've seen a black man killed by a white cop while others stood by and did nothing.

We've seen cops arrest a CNN crew for exercising their freedom of the press.

Bill Harris spent his entire career idolizing cops, sucking up to cops, defending them, heck, becoming one of them!

Here's his bio:

"Bill has also distinguished himself in the area of law enforcement with a rare perspective of someone who has been on “both sides of the fence.” While anchoring and reporting for WJRT, Bill also served as a uniformed, reserve deputy with the Genesee County Sheriff’s Department’s Paramedic Division. He is a recent graduate of the FBI Citizens Academy and has trained with numerous federal, state and local law enforcement agencies.

He continues to work closely with numerous agencies and consulting firms, including the Michigan State Police, as a media consultant and instructor and, this past August, served as the Public Information Officer for Flint’s “Back To The Bricks” Law Enforcement Task Force.

Bill and his wife Jane, a 35-year law enforcement dispatcher, live in Grand Blanc."

Law enforcement is what he is most proud of and what most people are the least proud of right now.



sinklair
Posts: 810
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:59 am

Re: Bill Harris' career, a lifetime of cop-supporting

Post by sinklair » Sun May 31, 2020 8:43 pm

Another anti-Bill rant by Lovin. Another anti-police post that the moderator says should be posted in the potpourri section.



lovinlife101
Posts: 5865
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Bill Harris' career, a lifetime of cop-supporting

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:22 am

sinklair wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 8:43 pm
Another anti-Bill rant by Lovin. Another anti-police post that the moderator says should be posted in the potpourri section.
Notice how his Facebook page featured "the good work police are doing joining protesters."

Anything on police brutality? NOPE!

Anything on the peaceful protesters making valid points about police? NOPE!

Harris can't bite the hand that feeds him.



lovinlife101
Posts: 5865
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Bill Harris' career, a lifetime of cop-supporting

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:25 am

One of the country's worst kept secrets is that cops are out of control and corrupt. They abuse their power, prosecutors fail to take action, and they most often get away with it. The "good cops" (still trying to find them) who say police corruption is wrong, never take action, never call out bad actors, never push to have the bad cops (which are most of them) removed from their jobs. Where were all the "good cops" that all of you say are the majority of officers when George Floyd was being killed? Huh? Anyone? Bueller?

Where is the national push, led by the "good cops," to get the bad actors out of the police force? Crickets.

All they support is "the brotherhood." Cops stand up for other cops regardless of morality, legality, or sanity.

They admit to having and using "discretion." That means, they enforce the laws they want, ignore the laws they don't want to enforce, and make up offenses ("obstruction", "failure to ID", etc.) because they believe they are better than you and need to push you around to make themselves feels better.

And who celebrates, honors, and promotes these monsters? None other than the news personality closest to them, William Jefferson "Hot Rod" Harris.



km1125
Posts: 1012
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:09 pm

Re: Bill Harris' career, a lifetime of cop-supporting

Post by km1125 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:43 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 10:17 am
...
We've seen cops arrest a CNN crew for exercising their freedom of the press.
....
They were 100% correct arresting that CNN crew for failure to obey police orders to clear the area. That crew -nor any other- should just get a free pass because they have some kind of "press credentials". If they have made a prior arrangement with the police or the local administration, then they should be allowed to stay under those conditions. In this case it appears they did not, so once they refused to vacate, arresting them was the right move. There should never have been an apology because it just emboldens bad actors.

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:25 am
One of the country's worst kept secrets is that cops are out of control and corrupt. They abuse their power, prosecutors fail to take action, and they most often get away with it. The "good cops" (still trying to find them) who say police corruption is wrong, never take action, never call out bad actors, never push to have the bad cops (which are most of them) removed from their jobs. Where were all the "good cops" that all of you say are the majority of officers when George Floyd was being killed? Huh? Anyone? Bueller?

Where is the national push, led by the "good cops," to get the bad actors out of the police force? Crickets.

All they support is "the brotherhood." Cops stand up for other cops regardless of morality, legality, or sanity.

They admit to having and using "discretion." That means, they enforce the laws they want, ignore the laws they don't want to enforce, and make up offenses ("obstruction", "failure to ID", etc.) because they believe they are better than you and need to push you around to make themselves feels better.

And who celebrates, honors, and promotes these monsters? None other than the news personality closest to them, William Jefferson "Hot Rod" Harris.
In general I agree with this whole post. There is no recourse for a "normal" citizen against the abuse of force by police. There are good cops out there (most of the time) but they do look the other way when things they don't like are happening because they will be "tagged" as as issue and they might not get the support they need when they really need it. They're human, so you can't expect a lot more.

At some point though, we have to weigh the options. Since they are all just human, should we just eliminate the police and just fend for ourselves? Police weren't always a fixture in society, even in the USA. Do we forego the 80-90% good because of the 10-20% bad?? I think some police departments (especially those that get thrown under the bus by their leadership) should seriously consider an entire force "sick day weekend" sometime to let us all think about it.



lovinlife101
Posts: 5865
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Bill Harris' career, a lifetime of cop-supporting

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:12 am

km1125 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:43 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 10:17 am
...
We've seen cops arrest a CNN crew for exercising their freedom of the press.
....
They were 100% correct arresting that CNN crew for failure to obey police orders to clear the area. That crew -nor any other- should just get a free pass because they have some kind of "press credentials". If they have made a prior arrangement with the police or the local administration, then they should be allowed to stay under those conditions. In this case it appears they did not, so once they refused to vacate, arresting them was the right move. There should never have been an apology because it just emboldens bad actors.

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:25 am
One of the country's worst kept secrets is that cops are out of control and corrupt. They abuse their power, prosecutors fail to take action, and they most often get away with it. The "good cops" (still trying to find them) who say police corruption is wrong, never take action, never call out bad actors, never push to have the bad cops (which are most of them) removed from their jobs. Where were all the "good cops" that all of you say are the majority of officers when George Floyd was being killed? Huh? Anyone? Bueller?

Where is the national push, led by the "good cops," to get the bad actors out of the police force? Crickets.

All they support is "the brotherhood." Cops stand up for other cops regardless of morality, legality, or sanity.

They admit to having and using "discretion." That means, they enforce the laws they want, ignore the laws they don't want to enforce, and make up offenses ("obstruction", "failure to ID", etc.) because they believe they are better than you and need to push you around to make themselves feels better.

And who celebrates, honors, and promotes these monsters? None other than the news personality closest to them, William Jefferson "Hot Rod" Harris.
In general I agree with this whole post. There is no recourse for a "normal" citizen against the abuse of force by police. There are good cops out there (most of the time) but they do look the other way when things they don't like are happening because they will be "tagged" as as issue and they might not get the support they need when they really need it. They're human, so you can't expect a lot more.

At some point though, we have to weigh the options. Since they are all just human, should we just eliminate the police and just fend for ourselves? Police weren't always a fixture in society, even in the USA. Do we forego the 80-90% good because of the 10-20% bad?? I think some police departments (especially those that get thrown under the bus by their leadership) should seriously consider an entire force "sick day weekend" sometime to let us all think about it.
If 10-20% of a certain vehicle killed people, it would be banned.

If skydiving killed 10-20% of people, it would be banned.

If a certain dog killed 10-20% of its owners, it would be banned.

Now, I am not for banning anything. I am putting things in terms you people can understand.

Policing is intended to protect the good players and punish the bad players. But what we're seeing is abuse of power, selectively enforcing the rules, and other corruption.

How about we "fend for ourselves" like every civilization on planet earth prior to government-backed forced policing?



lovinlife101
Posts: 5865
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Bill Harris' career, a lifetime of cop-supporting

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:16 am

km1125 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:43 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 10:17 am
...
We've seen cops arrest a CNN crew for exercising their freedom of the press.
....
They were 100% correct arresting that CNN crew for failure to obey police orders to clear the area. That crew -nor any other- should just get a free pass because they have some kind of "press credentials". If they have made a prior arrangement with the police or the local administration, then they should be allowed to stay under those conditions. In this case it appears they did not, so once they refused to vacate, arresting them was the right move. There should never have been an apology because it just emboldens bad actors.

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:25 am
One of the country's worst kept secrets is that cops are out of control and corrupt. They abuse their power, prosecutors fail to take action, and they most often get away with it. The "good cops" (still trying to find them) who say police corruption is wrong, never take action, never call out bad actors, never push to have the bad cops (which are most of them) removed from their jobs. Where were all the "good cops" that all of you say are the majority of officers when George Floyd was being killed? Huh? Anyone? Bueller?

Where is the national push, led by the "good cops," to get the bad actors out of the police force? Crickets.

All they support is "the brotherhood." Cops stand up for other cops regardless of morality, legality, or sanity.

They admit to having and using "discretion." That means, they enforce the laws they want, ignore the laws they don't want to enforce, and make up offenses ("obstruction", "failure to ID", etc.) because they believe they are better than you and need to push you around to make themselves feels better.

And who celebrates, honors, and promotes these monsters? None other than the news personality closest to them, William Jefferson "Hot Rod" Harris.
In general I agree with this whole post. There is no recourse for a "normal" citizen against the abuse of force by police. There are good cops out there (most of the time) but they do look the other way when things they don't like are happening because they will be "tagged" as as issue and they might not get the support they need when they really need it. They're human, so you can't expect a lot more.

At some point though, we have to weigh the options. Since they are all just human, should we just eliminate the police and just fend for ourselves? Police weren't always a fixture in society, even in the USA. Do we forego the 80-90% good because of the 10-20% bad?? I think some police departments (especially those that get thrown under the bus by their leadership) should seriously consider an entire force "sick day weekend" sometime to let us all think about it.
And no, just because police told someone to stand somewhere else, doesn't mean that person has to comply or face arrest. In a public place, exercising the freedom of the press, that reporter and crew has every right to be there regardless of what police say. Rights don't get removed simply because police said so.



km1125
Posts: 1012
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:09 pm

Re: Bill Harris' career, a lifetime of cop-supporting

Post by km1125 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:42 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:12 am
If 10-20% of a certain vehicle killed people, it would be banned.

If skydiving killed 10-20% of people, it would be banned.

If a certain dog killed 10-20% of its owners, it would be banned.

Now, I am not for banning anything. I am putting things in terms you people can understand.

Policing is intended to protect the good players and punish the bad players. But what we're seeing is abuse of power, selectively enforcing the rules, and other corruption.

How about we "fend for ourselves" like every civilization on planet earth prior to government-backed forced policing?
10-20% of police don't kill people either. No where close. I gave that as a very generous percentage of all "bad" cops, which could be just writing an unwarranted ticket, or wasting department dollars.

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:16 am
And no, just because police told someone to stand somewhere else, doesn't mean that person has to comply or face arrest. In a public place, exercising the freedom of the press, that reporter and crew has every right to be there regardless of what police say. Rights don't get removed simply because police said so.
You need to review the LAWS in that area to find out what SOCIETY has granted as powers for those police orders. If society has delegated the authority to those police to establish a perimeter and penalties if you violate that, then that's the price you pay. That's how a civilized society works when you have the rule of law.



lovinlife101
Posts: 5865
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Bill Harris' career, a lifetime of cop-supporting

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:13 pm

km1125 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:42 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:12 am
If 10-20% of a certain vehicle killed people, it would be banned.

If skydiving killed 10-20% of people, it would be banned.

If a certain dog killed 10-20% of its owners, it would be banned.

Now, I am not for banning anything. I am putting things in terms you people can understand.

Policing is intended to protect the good players and punish the bad players. But what we're seeing is abuse of power, selectively enforcing the rules, and other corruption.

How about we "fend for ourselves" like every civilization on planet earth prior to government-backed forced policing?
10-20% of police don't kill people either. No where close. I gave that as a very generous percentage of all "bad" cops, which could be just writing an unwarranted ticket, or wasting department dollars.

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:16 am
And no, just because police told someone to stand somewhere else, doesn't mean that person has to comply or face arrest. In a public place, exercising the freedom of the press, that reporter and crew has every right to be there regardless of what police say. Rights don't get removed simply because police said so.
You need to review the LAWS in that area to find out what SOCIETY has granted as powers for those police orders. If society has delegated the authority to those police to establish a perimeter and penalties if you violate that, then that's the price you pay. That's how a civilized society works when you have the rule of law.
The constitution limits the government's powers over the governed, not the other way around.

Freedom of the press. Freedom to assemble. It's pretty simple, really.



km1125
Posts: 1012
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:09 pm

Re: Bill Harris' career, a lifetime of cop-supporting

Post by km1125 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:40 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:13 pm
km1125 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:42 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:12 am
If 10-20% of a certain vehicle killed people, it would be banned.

If skydiving killed 10-20% of people, it would be banned.

If a certain dog killed 10-20% of its owners, it would be banned.

Now, I am not for banning anything. I am putting things in terms you people can understand.

Policing is intended to protect the good players and punish the bad players. But what we're seeing is abuse of power, selectively enforcing the rules, and other corruption.

How about we "fend for ourselves" like every civilization on planet earth prior to government-backed forced policing?
10-20% of police don't kill people either. No where close. I gave that as a very generous percentage of all "bad" cops, which could be just writing an unwarranted ticket, or wasting department dollars.

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:16 am
And no, just because police told someone to stand somewhere else, doesn't mean that person has to comply or face arrest. In a public place, exercising the freedom of the press, that reporter and crew has every right to be there regardless of what police say. Rights don't get removed simply because police said so.
You need to review the LAWS in that area to find out what SOCIETY has granted as powers for those police orders. If society has delegated the authority to those police to establish a perimeter and penalties if you violate that, then that's the price you pay. That's how a civilized society works when you have the rule of law.
The constitution limits the government's powers over the governed, not the other way around.

Freedom of the press. Freedom to assemble. It's pretty simple, really.
Have you ever read the Amendments to the Constitution??

For Freedom to assemble, it says " the right to peaceably assemble". Riots are not "peaceable" and anyone "assembling" during a riot is not protected.

Freedom of the Press means they are not restricted or compelled in what they write. It does not guarantee the methods that can be used for collection of the material. They are not allowed to violate laws to get their content. Would it be OK if they hacked into any computer system to get their material for their story? Would it be OK for them to break into any building to get a story? Would it be OK if they held people at gunpoint to get their story?? "Freedom of the Press" is what they could claim, because if you stopped them you're stopping "the press". That's ridiculous. They need to comply with the LAWS that all citizens have agreed to implement.



lovinlife101
Posts: 5865
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Bill Harris' career, a lifetime of cop-supporting

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:53 pm

km1125 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:40 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:13 pm
km1125 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:42 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:12 am
If 10-20% of a certain vehicle killed people, it would be banned.

If skydiving killed 10-20% of people, it would be banned.

If a certain dog killed 10-20% of its owners, it would be banned.

Now, I am not for banning anything. I am putting things in terms you people can understand.

Policing is intended to protect the good players and punish the bad players. But what we're seeing is abuse of power, selectively enforcing the rules, and other corruption.

How about we "fend for ourselves" like every civilization on planet earth prior to government-backed forced policing?
10-20% of police don't kill people either. No where close. I gave that as a very generous percentage of all "bad" cops, which could be just writing an unwarranted ticket, or wasting department dollars.

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:16 am
And no, just because police told someone to stand somewhere else, doesn't mean that person has to comply or face arrest. In a public place, exercising the freedom of the press, that reporter and crew has every right to be there regardless of what police say. Rights don't get removed simply because police said so.
You need to review the LAWS in that area to find out what SOCIETY has granted as powers for those police orders. If society has delegated the authority to those police to establish a perimeter and penalties if you violate that, then that's the price you pay. That's how a civilized society works when you have the rule of law.
The constitution limits the government's powers over the governed, not the other way around.

Freedom of the press. Freedom to assemble. It's pretty simple, really.
Have you ever read the Amendments to the Constitution??

For Freedom to assemble, it says " the right to peaceably assemble". Riots are not "peaceable" and anyone "assembling" during a riot is not protected.

Freedom of the Press means they are not restricted or compelled in what they write. It does not guarantee the methods that can be used for collection of the material. They are not allowed to violate laws to get their content. Would it be OK if they hacked into any computer system to get their material for their story? Would it be OK for them to break into any building to get a story? Would it be OK if they held people at gunpoint to get their story?? "Freedom of the Press" is what they could claim, because if you stopped them you're stopping "the press". That's ridiculous. They need to comply with the LAWS that all citizens have agreed to implement.
100% wrong, but thanks for playing.

The reporter and his crew that were arrested did not hack into anyone's computer to get material for their story. They didn't break into a building to get a story. They didn't hold anyone at gunpoint to get their story (that's what the cops did).

So what are the "laws" that were broken? Oh, that's right, none.

Cops who say, "I'm giving you a lawful order" know that what they are telling you isn't enforceable. Just because they have a right to speak doesn't mean I have to listen and obey. And by not obeying, I'm not breaking the law.



R Bedell
Posts: 2186
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:26 am
Location: Mid Michigan

Re: Bill Harris' career, a lifetime of cop-supporting

Post by R Bedell » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:51 am

And by not obeying, I'm not breaking the law.
Tell that to the Judge after getting a speeding ticket. :lol :lol :lol



User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 4387
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: Bill Harris' career, a lifetime of cop-supporting

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:59 am

Open RICO investigations on the major police unions, get rid of so-called "Qualified Immunity," and continue to reform civil asset forfeiture laws, and we'll see major progress in reducing abuses by law enforcement.


Rock 95.5 in Chicago is the worst sounding major market rock station in the history of corporate radio.

lovinlife101
Posts: 5865
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Bill Harris' career, a lifetime of cop-supporting

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:57 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:59 am
Open RICO investigations on the major police unions, get rid of so-called "Qualified Immunity," and continue to reform civil asset forfeiture laws, and we'll see major progress in reducing abuses by law enforcement.
Bingo!

Most people have never heard of, and wouldn't believe it if they did, civil asset forfeiture. It's the process where police steal private citizens' property without a conviction. Happens all the time. It's how many departments increase their budgets or brag to "the people" that they took a car away from a "drug dealer" who was a medical marijuana patient and cops interpreted the laws a certain way, didn't convict anyone, and stole a car.



MasterB
Posts: 336
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: Kalamazoo

Re: Bill Harris' career, a lifetime of cop-supporting

Post by MasterB » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:01 pm

A lot of the police have spoken out on George Floyd's death time to arrest the other 3 that stood by and did nothing. Now with smartphones, you're seeing it more than you did 20 or 30 years ago were all it was and I said they said type matter.


Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic