Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

NBC Swamp Media again.

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

Re: NBC Swamp Media again.

Post by sinklair » Thu May 14, 2020 10:21 pm

Chuck Todd is the worst.

DAC

Post by DAC » Fri May 15, 2020 12:12 am

"Worst" somehow doesn't seem like a strong enough term.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri May 15, 2020 8:58 am

The disclaimer that it was "inadvertent" is beyond belief for a reasonable person.
I wonder if they did it knowing they would get caught but also knowing the initial deception would play well with their agenda and the half ass apology would go mostly unnoticed by their target crowd.
To be fair I understand this sort of deception happens on both side's of the divide

I no longer directly engage trolls

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri May 15, 2020 9:57 pm

Chuck isn’t editing the video... so there could be some truth that it was inadvertent... if it weren’t for the comments that followed. The problem with Meet the Press is that Chuck’s role is no longer an impartial host. He’s become an advocate. That’s not what we need.

DAC

Post by DAC » Sat May 16, 2020 10:47 pm

R Bedell wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 7:00 am
Chuck isn’t editing the video... so there could be some truth that it was inadvertent... if it weren’t for the comments that followed. The problem with Meet the Press is that Chuck’s role is no longer an impartial host
I don't buy that Chuckie didn't know what was going. It don't matter whether he was a "chirper" or a knowing participant, the problem remains to the same. This goes on 24/7/365. He (and NBC)just got caught with their hands in the Swamp Jar. Which begs the questions, how many other false stories or narratives they got away with????

I agree. Given it's his job to keep track of these things, I'm positive that Chuck had seen the entire clip before. He's just a snake and, along with NBC, was counting on the fact that nobody viewing had been paying enough attention to notice. The sad part is that there are plenty of people who just eat what they are fed.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue May 19, 2020 7:31 am

Nearly all "news" organizations pick stories, pick opinion pundits, edit quotes, pick interview questions, etc. to fit an agenda they are trying to push.

Some are more honest about it than others. NBC News is dishonest.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Tue May 19, 2020 8:37 am

MW: I’d dispute one point. I don’t think NBC is being dishonest about their approach to Meet the Press. The show has been declining in ratings for years. I think the slanted commentary is aimed at being more provocative. They rarely have any significant conservative voices on the program anymore.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue May 19, 2020 9:16 pm

I think the slanted commentary is aimed at being more provocative. They rarely have any significant conservative voices on the program anymore.
I agree, but doesn't that kinda prove (or at least support) my assessment?

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic