Acceptable registrations in the queue through October 17 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Owosso barber

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
R Bedell

Re: Owosso barber

Post by R Bedell » Mon May 18, 2020 2:00 pm

You may have the "right" to go anywhere you like. You do not have the right to knowingly infect me with a disease because you refuse to follow the guidelines set forth (legally) by the Governor.
I NEVER said I had any rights to infect people. YOU do not have the right.... to restrict freedoms as outlined and guaranteed by the US Constitution. IF.....you require special medical treatment and precautions, that is on you. I am taking the advice of the Legal Experts over your keyboard opinion on legalities. If you want to drink the Princess's Koolaid, by all means guzzle it down. I, like millions of Michiganders, are not buying into that illegal crap.
I'll continue to follow the advice of the medical professionals AND Governor Whitmer.
Bless your heart.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon May 18, 2020 5:52 pm

Which constitutional rights are being impeded?

If you plan on responding with "freedom of speech" or "freedom of assembly," you're wrong.

Here's how the First Amendment reads:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
Commerce clause? Nope.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/commerce-clause

Rock 95.5 in Chicago is the worst sounding major market rock station in the history of corporate radio.

R Bedell

Post by R Bedell » Mon May 18, 2020 6:51 pm

Which constitutional rights are being impeded?
O M G......are you serious ???? :shock: :shock: :shock:

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon May 18, 2020 7:18 pm

Is that the best comeback you can provide?

If the question is so easy, why are you unable to provide even a SINGLE example? Tell me which passage(s) from the U.S. Constitution are being violated.

You come across as someone who is stating visceral opinion as opposed to someone who is knowledgeable on matters of U.S. constitutional law.

Rock 95.5 in Chicago is the worst sounding major market rock station in the history of corporate radio.

R Bedell

Post by R Bedell » Mon May 18, 2020 7:20 pm

Please cite the name of the Law School you went to, and the State of where you are Licensed to practice law.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon May 18, 2020 7:26 pm

The U.S. Constitution is a public document. It is available for everyone to read. Again, name ONE clause that Whitmer's orders violate. Should be easy, tough guy, if you're as smart on this subject as you seem to be professing.

(If anyone else wishes to provide an example, feel free to weigh in. I'd love to know.)

I've already stated that her emergency declarations do not carry the weight of State of Michigan law. Some legal scholars agree with that statement, others disagree. That's why I - and others - have called for the Michigan Supreme Court to weigh in. I believe the 1976 statute prevents the Governor from using the 1945 law for a health emergency.

I did not attend law school. I did take a couple law courses in college. I hold a BBA from the University of Michigan Ann Arbor.

Will you share your academic credentials with all of us? (Doubt it.)

Musicrewired

Post by Musicrewired » Mon May 18, 2020 7:52 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 8:23 am

Wrong. The Genesee County Sheriff is a Democrat: https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 204277002/

Its interesting you don't malign the governor for acting unilaterally partisan while she stomps on the constitution.
Yes, the Genesee County Sheriff got ahead of his political affiliation, and restated his position shortly after his original comments got around. He's new at the top job, and didn't seem to consider how it would play in his county.

The subject here is the barber, not the Governor, and the enforcement of the current orders, so I'm staying with the topic at hand.

Mr. Manke is playing the media for attention now. He's familiar with self-promotion, having made appearances for his books over the years. You can bet he'll find the time for another book soon, plus a tour visiting whomever will host him to talk about his experiences.

“I’m 77,” related Manke during an interview last Saturday. “What, are they going to give me life? I’ve got one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel. I could care less.”

He cares enough.

R Bedell

Post by R Bedell » Mon May 18, 2020 8:21 pm

I did not attend law school. I did take a couple law courses in college. I hold a BBA from the University of Michigan Ann Arbor.
Fair enough. So your comments were just a keyboard opinion. You have an opinion, as well as I do. Your don't like mine, and I don't like yours.

BTW, I see you finally started being active in this forum after being absent and silent for a long.
Last edited by R Bedell on Mon May 18, 2020 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 18, 2020 8:26 pm

R Bedell wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 8:21 pm
Fair enough. So your comments were just a keyboard opinion. You have an opinion as well as I do. Your don't like mine and I don't like yours.
BTW, I see you finally started being active in this forum after being absent and silent for a long.
So we have another Conservative Victim who can't answer a simple constitutional question. Every business in the State of Michigan is licensed and thus is subjected to regulation. As we have seen, that license can be revoked.

Answers or more conjecture snowflake?

© 2020 TC Talks Global Inc. All Rights Reserved

R Bedell

Post by R Bedell » Mon May 18, 2020 8:28 pm

Answers or more conjecture snowflake?
People like you can be spotted a Mile away.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 18, 2020 8:33 pm

Still responding like a one trick troll? I think we will need to assume you just like yelling but can't understand the complexity of our Constitution. In case you are wondering: MFA Journalism. I spent plenty of time studying the First Amendment.

© 2020 TC Talks Global Inc. All Rights Reserved

R Bedell

Post by R Bedell » Mon May 18, 2020 8:42 pm

Still responding like a one trick troll? I think we will need to assume you just like yelling but can't understand the complexity of our Constitution. In case you are wondering: MFA Journalism. I spent plenty of time studying the First Amendment
OH Oh.......a butt hurt liberal. I read read your Keyboard Opinion but will rely on the the Legal Experts.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Mon May 18, 2020 8:54 pm

How the hell did you get a picture of my ex? In full psycho mode at that.

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Tue May 19, 2020 12:23 am

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue May 19, 2020 6:27 am

Fair enough. So your comments were just a keyboard opinion. You have an opinion, as well as I do. Your don't like mine, and I don't like yours.
I cited actual U.S. Constitution passages to support my opinion.

Will you do the same?

You said "I will rely on the legal experts." OK. Fair enough. Which ones are claiming stay-at-home orders are in violation of the U.S. Constitution, and are they able to recite an actual passage that these orders violate? Please provide a link to one example. Of course, such claims are one thing. Actually being able to win a court case on such grounds is another.

I've read a number of articles that cite a "compelling government interest" test (e.g. such as to protect the general welfare of the citizenry) in order for a state or local governmental action to pass muster, which has been the standard established by court precedent.

One such article:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/evangerstm ... dc48b3104e

The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled on similar matters on prior occasions.

Excerpt:
The Supreme Court has had little to say about state power to override people’s liberty during epidemics. The most helpful case is from back in 1905 during the smallpox epidemic, Jacobson v. Massachusetts. In that case, a pastor argued that a mandatory smallpox vaccination violated his constitutional rights. The Supreme Court sided with Massachusetts but framed its decision carefully.

The Court acknowledged that “the liberty secured by the Fourteenth Amendment . . . consists, in part, in the right of a person ‘to live and work where he will.’" But it added: “in every well-ordered society . . . the rights of the individual in respect of his liberty may at times, under the pressure of great dangers, be subjected to such restraint, to be enforced by reasonable regulations, as the safety of the general public may demand.”
There is an interesting court case ongoing in Oregon, but the suit there was filed on the basis of the OREGON Constitution, not the U.S. Constitution.

https://pamplinmedia.com/pt/9-news/4670 ... rder-pwoff

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic