Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Owosso barber

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
SaginawSid

Re: Owosso barber

Post by SaginawSid » Tue May 12, 2020 3:46 pm

R. Bebel: 81,000 divided by the number of 330,000,000 people in America equals.......... 0.002454% Death Rate

Nice try. Chew on this: 81,650 divided by the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in America -- 1,358,000 -- 0.060481% Death Rate.
That's nearly six times higher than seasonal flu. No matter how much you want to open the economy those numbers are real and the scare the hell out of a lot of people. Consumer confidence won't truly recover until there's a vaccine, and any economist will tell you that the economy stands or falls on consumer confidence.

"Hey Mr. Businessman, you can't dress like me."
-- Jimi Hendrix

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue May 12, 2020 3:54 pm

SaginawSid wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 3:46 pm
R. Bebel: 81,000 divided by the number of 330,000,000 people in America equals.......... 0.002454% Death Rate

Nice try. Chew on this: 81,650 divided by the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in America -- 1,358,000 -- 0.060481% Death Rate.
That's nearly six times higher than seasonal flu. No matter how much you want to open the economy those numbers are real and the scare the hell out of a lot of people. Consumer confidence won't truly recover until there's a vaccine, and any economist will tell you that the economy stands or falls on consumer confidence.
That's only valid if you use only the deaths that were also confirmed "Covid-positive" before death. Otherwise, you have to use the total number of cases, which we all know is much greater than just the confirmed cases. Based on all the studies around the country, the actual cases at 10-50x what the confirmed number is.

SaginawSid

Post by SaginawSid » Tue May 12, 2020 8:56 pm

That's only valid if you use only the deaths that were also confirmed "Covid-positive" before death. Otherwise, you have to use the total number of cases, which we all know is much greater than just the confirmed cases. Based on all the studies around the country, the actual cases at 10-50x what the confirmed number is.

Dr. Fauci believes the death total is much higher too. And you say 10 to 50 times what the current confirmed number is? So then, you are saying up to 50 million Americans have or have had Covid-19 arleady? Interesting. So, based on the current rate of known deaths per confirmed cases, with another 250 million or so cases of the virus we will have herd immunity and only an additional 400,000 deaths. Now that's winning. Or maybe with improved treatment we will lose only a quarter-of-million more Americans. Or maybe with improved treatment, continued strict and enforced social distancing we will only lose 100,000 more Americans. Just numbers, right? Not like getting a haircut.

"Hey Mr. Businessman, you can't dress like me."
-- Jimi Hendrix

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Tue May 12, 2020 8:59 pm

R: I’d like you to show me the DNC talking points that criticize both President Trump and Governor Whitmer. You on the other hand seem incapable of finding any fault with your President’s handling of this pandemic and the resulting 81000 deaths. That speaks volumes of your judgment. It seems that you’ve fallen into the same trap that Lovin and my long-lost buddy Beerbong (who has been remarkably silent since moving to Seattle) — that you tend to like the sound of your own voice a bit too much. You wont argue the facts... and instead just make them up to serve your own narrative.

Unfortunately for you, I have as much of a right to protect me and my family from disease as you have to go lick a COVID-covered flag pole. If you’d like to live in a state where those in charge could care less about protecting their citizens through science-based decisions, I’d be glad to start a GoFundMe page to buy you a one-way ticket.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Wed May 13, 2020 3:19 am

sinklair wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 8:59 pm
R: I’d like you to show me the DNC talking points that criticize both President Trump and Governor Whitmer. You on the other hand seem incapable of finding any fault with your President’s handling of this pandemic and the resulting 81000 deaths. That speaks volumes of your judgment. It seems that you’ve fallen into the same trap that Lovin and my long-lost buddy Beerbong (who has been remarkably silent since moving to Seattle) — that you tend to like the sound of your own voice a bit too much. You wont argue the facts... and instead just make them up to serve your own narrative.

Unfortunately for you, I have as much of a right to protect me and my family from disease as you have to go lick a COVID-covered flag pole. If you’d like to live in a state where those in charge could care less about protecting their citizens through science-based decisions, I’d be glad to start a GoFundMe page to buy you a one-way ticket.
Hey Stink! I’m still here! Only silent because this forum has been kinda boring since you stopped your crybaby act.
Sorry I interrupted. You can go back to trying to sound important now.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed May 13, 2020 7:47 am

R: you still didn’t name anything you disagree with. But nice try. You’d probably flunk out of your 12-step program on step one.

If you’re going to criticize WEYI’s “leftist slant”, you shoukd actually watch a broadcast. I’ll repeat myself here for your sake... WE’RE OWNED BY SINCLAIR BROADCASTING AND ARMSTRONG WILLIAMS. We can’t be more of a one-sided conservative station if we tried.

That’s not a good thing.. it’s just the fact. News stations should be impartial, but the In Over Her Head News Director is only interested in following corporate directives hoping to get a promotion to an East Coast station. (We are supportive of that move!)

Beer: it is soooooooooo great to hear from you . I agree that’s it’s been boring since the accountant in chief took all his grilled cheese sandwich parties and went to Seattle. I hope you’re settling in your new home and staying safe. I’d like to say we miss you.... ... ... ... (crickets chirping)

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed May 13, 2020 8:11 am

There’s a big difference between the News Director and Bill. We respect Bill, what he’s done in his career and what he stands for.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed May 13, 2020 8:18 am

R: one was a bash at the DNC, not Trump. And two were repetitive. But nice try. It must have killed you to criticize your President.

Not sure why —when you can’t even name 4 criticisms — you expect others to name 120??? Don’t seem balanced. But if you’d like positive Trump stories, search Mid-Michigan now.com.

Realist

Post by Realist » Wed May 13, 2020 1:18 pm

Well, the good news is this: LARA (Licensing and Regulatory Affairs) through the State of Michigan has suspended his license to be a barber. When you’re this pig headed and defiant with authority, it will bite you in the end...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed May 13, 2020 2:16 pm

Unless he didn't disinfect his tools, I don't think it will stand for long.

Momma Gretchen may have just antagonized the situation.

At minimum it gives the barber another free TV Op.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed May 13, 2020 2:35 pm

R: it’s not my job to do yours either. Seems you’re at an impasse... and not a very convincing one since you’ve changed no one’s opinions in this matter. Try sticking to actual facts and you might have a better outcome. Oh, and stop drinking bleach. It really doesn’t cure the Coronavirus... regardless of what your president says.

Realist

Post by Realist » Wed May 13, 2020 2:57 pm

audiophile wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 2:16 pm
Unless he didn't disinfect his tools, I don't think it will stand for long.

Momma Gretchen may have just antagonized the situation.

At minimum it gives the barber another free TV Op.
Just saw a poll this morning that approximately 75% of Michiganders support what Gretchen Whitmer is doing. It’s the loud vocal minority that’s getting TV time and looking like fools in doing so. He violated the executive order so it will stand.

Can’t wait until tomorrow when these same morons try this crap again at the capitol. MSP and the Ingram Co Prosecutor have already said they’re not going to tolerate this time what happened last time. I’m expecting numerous arrests...

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed May 13, 2020 9:10 pm

R: sorry to disappoint you, but I disagree with your premise. My job as a journalist isn’t to balance one negative story with a positive story on the President, Governor or Saginaw Co. dog catcher. Our job is to report facts. It’s not worth my time to debate facts with you...

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu May 14, 2020 7:06 am

Yes. So your issue is with Scott Livingston, VP of News, who makes the coverage decisions on biased corporate must run stories, requires our anchors to tape proof of life promos, and hires In Over Their Head News Directors who does everything in her power to micromanage the staff then complains to the HR Director/Party Planner about us.

If you have a complaint over the work we’re doing, here’s where you need to go — because posting your concerns on the Buzzboard won’t make a bit of difference to 25-66 management:

https://nbc25news.com/content-concerns

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu May 14, 2020 9:22 am

R: thanks for the offer, but I just ate breakfast.

I’ve also given you the opportunity to express your “concern” about the “leftist” journalism being done by 25-66. If all you want to do is complain and not do anything that is going to actually address the problem, then that is an issue you — not me — has to live with.

If you’re a “real journalist”, I would encourage you to apply online and grace mid-Michigan with your insight. Our job listings can be found at sbgi.net.

I doubt you’ll do any of the above... you’re too busy yelling at kids to stay off your lawn and finding lame memes. But as long as you and barber Karl are healthy staying home so as not to infect others, I’m happy for you, buddy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic