Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Sinclair ruining FSD

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

Sinclair ruining FSD

Post by sinklair » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:33 am

Why hasn’t this been reported here in Michigan?
https://www.stltoday.com/sports/basebal ... ae78a.html

This is the time for employers who “claim” to care for their employees to step up and help them out during this unprecedented work stoppage. If the best SBG can do is offer a “loan” which has to be repaid, why would you ever come back and work for a company that shows no loyalty?

Edit—fixing link:
https://www.stltoday.com/sports/basebal ... ae78a.html
Last edited by sinklair on Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sinklair

Re: Sinclair ruining FSD

Post by sinklair » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:50 am

One of the biggest local broadcasters in the country... with friends in the White House... and this is the best Sinclair can do for its newly acquired employees? Sinclair deserve all the bad press it gets.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/iatse- ... 203551924/

We’ve seen athletes and team owners pay out of their own pocket to help concession workers and others get through this time. But Sinclair offers a repayable “loan” while it’s top brass made some of the highest pay in the industry last year — what a slap in the face! Anything to save a buck on the backs of workers..

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:55 pm

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:06 pm

R: absolutely. No doubt about it that medical workers on the front lines of battling this pandemic and putting their lives on the line deserve to be treated better.

Large corporations and those that run them need to understand this isn’t about profits. They need to help the workers who will help them ramp back up when Coronavirus passes and we try to resume some sense of normalcy. Show some loyalty to your workers and they will be loyal in return. There are going to be a lot of unemployed workers that will need help.

I hope your daughter is safe and lands back on her feet quickly.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:19 pm

sinklair wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:06 pm
R: absolutely. No doubt about it that medical workers on the front lines of battling this pandemic and putting their lives on the line deserve to be treated better.

Large corporations and those that run them need to understand this isn’t about profits. They need to help the workers who will help them ramp back up when Coronavirus passes and we try to resume some sense of normalcy. Show some loyalty to your workers and they will be loyal in return. There are going to be a lot of unemployed workers that will need help.

I hope your daughter is safe and lands back on her feet quickly.
The sad part about all of this is, it IS all about profit, and any loyalty to an employer in this day and age is gone, regardless of conditions at a work place.
If the company can save money it will.
And if the employee can get a better deal somewhere else, they are gone.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:30 pm

Beer: that is exactly the problem. You say “ any loyalty to an employer in this day and age is gone”. It’s backwards. The company isn’t loyal to its employees. If companies were to reduce their profits, take the short term hit, they would have an immensely loyal workforce and likely have a bigger rebound. That’s not happening at Sinclair and their regional sports nets like FSD. The rich will get richer and “poor slobs” (your words) are the ones taking it on the chin.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:46 pm

sinklair wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:30 pm
Beer: that is exactly the problem. You say “ any loyalty to an employer in this day and age is gone”. It’s backwards. The company isn’t loyal to its employees. If companies were to reduce their profits, take the short term hit, they would have an immensely loyal workforce and likely have a bigger rebound. That’s not happening at Sinclair and their regional sports nets like FSD. The rich will get richer and “poor slobs” (your words) are the ones taking it on the chin.
Stink.
Yes, poor slobs are my words.
It’s a cruel world.
You're going to have to come to terms with that.
You are only needed until you’re not.
That’s a fact.
Not just with your company, but with a very high percentage of other companies.
When this is all over, people will be lining up to be freelancers at FSD again.
No doubt about that.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:00 pm

So that end apparently justifies the means? Step over the bodies of your employees to make profits. Companies like Sinclair will be able to find warm bodies of unemployed workers when all this is over and pay them even cheaper wages. In your mind, it’s just “business.” Workers are just a number on a spreadsheet. Sounds just like another “accountant” I know...

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:05 pm

Here’s a job that seems perfect for Beer’s “F the little guy attitude”:
https://edyy.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcm ... m=jobshare

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:13 pm

sinklair wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:00 pm
So that end apparently justifies the means? Step over the bodies of your employees to make profits. Companies like Sinclair will be able to find warm bodies of unemployed workers when all this is over and pay them even cheaper wages. In your mind, it’s just “business.” Workers are just a number on a spreadsheet. Sounds just like another “accountant” I know...
Not my system. Just telling you how it works.
The great thing is, you have what will seem like an eternity to deal with it. And it won’t get any better. So my guess is you’re gonna be a miserable person for a long time..
Enjoy!

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:36 pm

Can’t get much worse. I’ll take my chances with advocating for changes that focus on improving working conditions and the quality of journalism that raises ratings and in turn revenue for broadcasters.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:40 pm

sinklair wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:36 pm
Can’t get much worse. I’ll take my chances with advocating for changes that focus on improving working conditions and the quality of journalism that raises ratings and in turn revenue for broadcasters.
Don’t kid yourself Stink.
It can get a lot worse.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:46 pm

Beerbong wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:40 pm
sinklair wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:36 pm
Don’t kid yourself Stink.
It can get a lot worse.

You want change and you are going to get it.
You better pray your new GM is not a
Pete Veto disciple.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:55 pm

Oh I do pray every day... mainly that there’s a cure for ignorance like yours... but also that the powers that be wise up and hire a new GM that build up his people, sets a positive direction and then gets out of the way... not micromanage and beat down their employees like Chad and Pete.

Maybe the common denominator is being a white guy. Maybe we need a different perspective (like a person of color, a woman, etc.) to truly make positive changes at 25-66, FSD and other SBG properties.

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:41 pm

:rollin HAHAHAHA Best joke I have heard all week!!! :rollin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic