Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

How long until shows are anchored from home?

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
Kincade3072

Re: How long until shows are anchored from home?

Post by Kincade3072 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:05 pm

ABC 12 has been doing this for a week now. Princess Mallory Pierson is always home , And Dawn Jones. And atleast things remain same at ABC12 still lots of audio and video issues . Wish they could get some people that knew what thier doing behind scenes. Good time for stations like abc12 to make personal changes also.

Luke

Post by Luke » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:16 pm

Ahmad Bajjey started working from home last night.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:37 pm

Sounds like most stations are working on making this happen, but technology seems to be the holdup. Getting a picture back via LiveU/Dejero is the easy part. Teleprompter, communication, access to ENPS, etc. also need to be figured out to make at-home newscast anchoring happen. It’s just a matter of time before you see it happen at all stations in one form or another.

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:40 pm

Gee sink, engineers have to think! Prompter could be CC if they could get to work worth a shit! Communication.... use the damn phone!

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:50 pm

Dudley, it’s a little more complicated to have multiple anchors on multiple shifts anchoring remotely for extended periods of time. But, yes, the technology is there.

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:41 pm

No shit asshole! I am a retired Broadcast engineer and you are some dumb ass on air prompter reader!

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:01 pm

Language, Dudley. There are some delicate flowers that visit the Buzzboard and you don’t want to hurt their feelings.

I won’t speculate about the reasons you no longer are welcomed to practice engineering as long as you don’t speculate on my awesome promoter reading skills. OK?

My comment was aimed at the delay Flint newsrooms seem to be having versus other markets which deployed remote anchoring. It wasn’t a personal attack, dude. Or was it? I’m sure you’ll tell me using your limited four-letter word vocabulary.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:16 pm

sinklair wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:01 pm
Language, Dudley. There are some delicate flowers that visit the Buzzboard and you don’t want to hurt their feelings.

I won’t speculate about the reasons you no longer are welcomed to practice engineering as long as you don’t speculate on my awesome promoter reading skills. OK?

My comment was aimed at the delay Flint newsrooms seem to be having versus other markets which deployed remote anchoring. It wasn’t a personal attack, dude. Or was it? I’m sure you’ll tell me using your limited four-letter word vocabulary.
Stink,
Even though you may have “awesome promoter reading skills”. Your words. You shouldn’t criticize other people’s vocabulary skills.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:23 pm

Why? I question yours all the time...

But once again you’re off topic. Care to add anything, Beer, to the conversation about in-home anchoring? Or do you just prefer to kiss Dudley’s profanity laced butt and show your ignorance...

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:35 pm

sinklair wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:23 pm
Why? I question yours all the time...

But once again you’re off topic. Care to add anything, Beer, to the conversation about in-home anchoring? Or do you just prefer to kiss Dudley’s profanity laced butt and show your ignorance...
Yes I do.
Stink, the topics here are in constant flux.
So, fuck you.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:39 pm

Language, my dear Beer! And stay on topic. You seem to forget those two points. Or as my old boss you to say: you can disagree without being disagreeable.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:10 pm

sinklair wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:39 pm
Language, my dear Beer! And stay on topic. You seem to forget those two points. Or as my old boss you to say: you can disagree without being disagreeable.
[/quote

Yes, fuck you is considered language.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:31 pm

I think the stress is getting to you, my dear Beer. Your language is devolving into four letter words and you can’t figure out how to stay on topic. I think you should self-isolate yourself for the sake of everyone. Maybe you and Dudley can come up with some better words and use Dudley’s underutilized engineering skills to help more anchors broadcast from their homes. Or not. I really don’t care what you do.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:50 am

Ok, one comment. Sorry Dudley. You can’t use cc as prompter anymore, the lag is about 9 seconds.back in the days? Suuuiuure... but not now.

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:34 pm

While I haven't paid attention to TV, radio from home, especially call in talk shows, sound like complete shit. Dead air. Missed breaks. Unable to get callers on-air. Two audio sources running simultaneously. I don't think Flint has any live/local shows left anymore, but WJR, and WDTK Detroit are a technical nightmare outside of the syndicated uniblab yakkers.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic