Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

How long until shows are anchored from home?

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
organman95

Re: How long until shows are anchored from home?

Post by organman95 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:23 am

I haven't noticed anchors tele-broadcasting (if that might be the term?) but a LOT of meteorologists across the country are doing it. Probably most of those that are have a family.

organman95

Post by organman95 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:25 am

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:34 pm
While I haven't paid attention to TV, radio from home, especially call in talk shows, sound like complete shit. Dead air. Missed breaks. Unable to get callers on-air. Two audio sources running simultaneously. I don't think Flint has any live/local shows left anymore, but WJR, and WDTK Detroit are a technical nightmare outside of the syndicated uniblab yakkers.
WIOG seems to be doing it well. At least "Nate and April" are doing fine broadcasting from their house.

Herm

Post by Herm » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:44 pm

In my recent experience, a reliable prompter is a major hang up. Most of these at home reports rely on internet and that means a delay. Trying to match a prompter to someone who is 1.5 to 2 seconds delayed is practically impossible to do.
There have been recent advancements in voice activated prompter tech that may eliminate this issue.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:40 am

Lots of stations have figured out the prompter issue... all one has to do is look at the Storytellers Facebook group and you’ll find a dozen different ways that stations are doing home teleprompters successfully.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic