Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Layoffs

Miss the posts from your favorite flame artist or troll who added little to no value to the Buzzboard? Read 'em here!
R Bedell

Re: Layoffs

Post by R Bedell » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:50 am

This manufactured crisis is effecting a lot of people from their jobs, not just the entertainment industry.

R Bedell

Post by R Bedell » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:53 am

People are dying.
Explain how this can not be manufactured ??

R Bedell

Post by R Bedell » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:32 pm

You believe people aren’t dying?
Kinda like PITA101, that went over your head like and F-18. :lol :lol :lol

R Bedell

Post by R Bedell » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:38 pm

Sinklair:

Kinda like PITA101, that went over your head like and F-18. :lol :lol :lol

R Bedell

Post by R Bedell » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:25 pm

What the Media DON'T tell you is, that Italy has the second largest elderly population in the world, behind Japan. Further the Media don't tell you, that Italy has a large population of Elderly that have smoked all their lives. The Media DON'T tell you, that most of the elderly deaths, were in conjunction of "OTHER" health conditions (ie: COPD, Lung cancer, Heart Disease, and Diabetes, etc).

Not saying that this virus does not exist, nor not saying it is not spreading, but not worse than others. IMHO, HIV was way worse. I worked as an EMT on a ambulance service back then, and knew how to deal with it.

More and more evidence is surfacing, that this virus is no worse than any other (Sars, H1N1, Swine Flu, Ebola, HIV, etc), it is just Drive By Mob Media and the Leftist Nut Jobs, are blowing this out of proportion for some Political and hidden AGENDA's. AND... if you think that I am the only one that thinks this way, you would be sadly mistaken.

The question one has to ask, is the Media going to shut down America to the tune of $2 Trillion each winter, in all the future virus they "think" is so bad? We can't afford this calamity this year, and certainly can't handle it next year. This insanity has to stop and NOW.

R Bedell

Post by R Bedell » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:43 am

As someone who worked as an EMT whose job was to save lives, you seem to lack compassion for those most vulnerable to this disease. You seem to not to understand how COVID-19 is spread and kills at a rate much higher than those other disease due to the infectiousness while being asymptomatic.
I worked 9 yrs as an EMT and 15 years as a Firefighter. I responded to hundreds of calls in a time of an emergency, to include saving peoples lives and properties. I gave those years to the people of my community. I don't need to be analysed by some wanna-be journalist or media person, that hasn't got a clue. For someone that pretends to be in the Media and broadcasting, you seem to lack real journalistic skills.
You are correct about the massive impact that it’s having on the economy and the need for this to be over fast. However, the only way to do so is for people to stop spreading it (physical isolation/distancing) or to develop a vaccine (which could take 18+ months).
Agreed on most of that, but medical experts state, they they could handle this better without ill informed politicians.
The media didn’t cause this. The lack of government preparation to respond to a pandemic is. Don’t believe me? Call your buddies in local hospitals who are now being overrun with Coronavirus cases that don’t have the basic supplies to protect themselves and their patients.
Agreed the Media didn't start this situation, China did. But as a Firefighter, we did NOT go out and throw gasoline on the fire. I have Family & Friends presently in the Medical Industry, in numerous capacities, and their story is way different than the agenda driven media. I'll believe them over the Drive By's.
It’s time to stop blaming the media. We’re seeing all commercial advertising dry up.. which will likely result in massive layoffs for our industry.
Stop shooting yourselves in the foot and blaming others.
We want this over as much as you do. But the solution is to follow the advice of medical professionals, stay home to prevent the spread, and start investing in our pandemic prevention and response.
Won't dispute that.

R Bedell

Post by R Bedell » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:34 am

But it still does not excuse the fact that Italy was flatfooted in their preparation against coronavirus.
Here is what the Media don't tell you about Italy:
(A) Italy has the second largest population of elderly people in the world, only behind Japan.
(B) Italy has a large segment of their population (including the elderly) that smoke.
(C) Italy has "socialized medicine".
(D) That the number of "so called" virus deaths may be been in conjunction with COPD, Lung cancer, Diabetes, Heart Disease, etc
(E) That Italy has a number of Chinese owned Factories/Companies
(F) That said companies, sees employees flying back and forth between Italy and China.

Maybe the Whole Picture would be better for people to understand the reasons.
Local media isn’t “throwing gasoline on the fire”, we’re reporting facts.
If you ask a skunk, he will say...."what oder?"

R Bedell

Post by R Bedell » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:06 am

If deaths are the ultimate factor, not a single word, article, or coverage..... https://www.lifenews.com/2019/12/31/abo ... on-people/

R Bedell

Post by R Bedell » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:21 am

YOU said....
Deaths are deaths. And the numbers continue to go up, way up here in Michigan.
https://www.cancer.org/latest-news/fact ... -2019.html

A total of 1,762,450 new cancer cases and 606,880 deaths from cancer are expected to occur in the US in 2019.
That is 1662......a day.

Geez, am I debating PITA101 ??? Talk about deviation and ignoring the Facts.

R Bedell

Post by R Bedell » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:27 am

Covid 19 deaths in the USA to date = At least 2,075 people have died. American health officials have identified multiple people with Covid-19. Media = Mass hysteria

1662 people die a day from cancer .........Media silent.

R Bedell

Post by R Bedell » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:58 am

I’m not sure why you’re hell bent on passing along an incomplete picture of this pandemic.
There is the Pot calling the Kettle black.

I am amazed at the Media's--- selective outrage. One can clearly derive that it is agenda driven.

R Bedell

Post by R Bedell » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:38 pm

Comparing cancer to coronavirus is like comparing an apple to an old shoe -- many who die of cancer die months, or even years, after diagnosis, giving them ample time to be treated.
I did NOT compare the two as a condition. You missed the point.

R Bedell

Post by R Bedell » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:50 pm

Personally, "R", you refuse to even SEE the point yourself, to a point where you acknowledge my comment about cancer but not coronavirus. I bet you would like things to go back to where it was right now, but to do so now would be a losing gamble at the cost of hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of lives, not only of those who have the virus, but those of other ailments and injuries who would depend on hospitals.
Whatever..... You proved my point also.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic