Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Layoffs

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

Re: Layoffs

Post by sinklair » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:14 am

Once again, what does this have anything to do with Coronavirus or the topic at hand, expected layoffs as a result of this pandemic?

If you want to rail against abortions, there’s probably a better forum than a broadcasting Buzzboard. And if you want to talk about journalists getting facts right, you might want to double check your source material since the “estimates” used have been widely debunked. That’s not a statement on abortion, merely that the number quoted is wrong.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:26 am

I’m not debating the number of cancer cases, just the so called abortion “estimate”... which still has nothing to do with this thread.

And so I’m clear, any time anyone disagrees with you means we must be LovinLife101?

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:33 am

Those numbers are without any significant testing for a pandemic in our country that had only just begun. I’m not sure why you’re hell bent on passing along an incomplete picture of this pandemic. The fact is this is going to get a lot worse before it gets better and more people will die. Medical professionals say stay home to help reduce the spread. I believe their advice. I encourage others to not believe the nay-sayers who continue to downplay COVID-19 and it’s impact here.

rugratsonline

Post by rugratsonline » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:27 pm

Comparing cancer to coronavirus is like comparing an apple to an old shoe -- many who die of cancer die months, or even years, after diagnosis, giving them ample time to be treated. Those who die of coronavirus die just days or a few weeks at most after diagnosis, hence the reason why they're rushing to keep coronavirus in check, so that the hospitals would not be overwhelmed.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:45 pm

R: No we didn’t. You want to blame anyone, everyone but the person in charge. You want to focus on abortions and cancer instead of this disease that has left many people sick, many more people unemployed, Nancy kids out of school, and the stock markets and 401Ks taking a beating. Instead of continuing to dig your hole deeper, try instead of a calm, rational message of “stay home, stay safe, help end this pandemic faster.” Or how about “thank you to all the medical professionals, first responders and other essential workers who are helping us get through this.”

rugratsonline

Post by rugratsonline » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:39 pm

R Bedell wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:38 pm
Comparing cancer to coronavirus is like comparing an apple to an old shoe -- many who die of cancer die months, or even years, after diagnosis, giving them ample time to be treated.
I did NOT compare the two as a condition. You missed the point.
Personally, "R", you refuse to even SEE the point yourself, to a point where you acknowledge my comment about cancer but not coronavirus. I bet you would like things to go back to where it was right now, but to do so now would be a losing gamble at the cost of hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of lives, not only of those who have the virus, but those of other ailments and injuries who would depend on hospitals.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic