Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Who proofreads this crap?

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
Beerbong

Re: Who proofreads this crap?

Post by Beerbong » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:29 pm

sinklair wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:12 pm
If you can’t handle heat, get out of the Buzzboard.
I think I’ll hang around and watch you burn.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:50 pm

I’m doing just fine pushing your buttons as being the voice of reason and sanity

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:18 pm

sinklair wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:50 pm
I’m doing just fine pushing your buttons as being the voice of reason and sanity
Sorry Stink. I don't have any buttons.
But I can post a few of your emotional responses after I pushed yours.
Want to see them?

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:42 pm

Nope. I’m doing just fine pushing your buttons as being the voice of reason and sanity.

But the topic you should be addressing is the broken system that allows easily catchable mistakes from being put on 25-66’s website and social media pages. Still nothin’ from my Granpappy on the topic at hand...

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:48 pm

sinklair wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:42 pm
Nope. I’m doing just fine pushing your buttons as being the voice of reason and sanity.

But the topic you should be addressing is the broken system that allows easily catchable mistakes from being put on 25-66’s website and social media pages. Still nothin’ from my Granpappy on the topic at hand...
Why don't you just blame your co-workers again.
You know the ones.
The so-called professional journalists.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:58 pm

Nope I’m blaming 25-66 managers who had years to put in oversight and accountability... and still have done nothing. And I blame 25-66’s Chief Apologist. Without the enablers and yes men/women, changes to improve station culture and morale would greatly improve. And maybe, just maybe, employees wouldn’t bolt after one contract cycle, ratings would improve leading to increased revenue, and that would lead to even more grilled cheese sandwich days for everyone!

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:10 pm

sinklair wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:58 pm
Nope I’m blaming 25-66 managers who had years to put in oversight and accountability... and still have done nothing. And I blame 25-66’s Chief Apologist. Without the enablers and yes men/women, changes to improve station culture and morale would greatly improve. And maybe, just maybe, employees wouldn’t bolt after one contract cycle, ratings would improve leading to increased revenue, and that would lead to even more grilled cheese sandwich days for everyone!
Cheese sandwiches aren't a bad thing. Neither is soup, Coco or pancakes and sausage. The fact you always miss is, you are owed nothing.
The nice things your company does for your is just that, nice. I wouldn't expect someone like you to appreciate that kind of thing because there is something fundamentally wrong with you. Regardless of your pay you should always be thankful for being treated well. Maybe if you worked a few months across town you would understand that.
What the fuck am I saying? You don't work there!

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:14 pm

Granpappy: For sh*t and giggles sake, the newsroom would like to know who you think I am. Put a name out there so we can see how far off base you are.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:18 pm

sinklair wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:14 pm
Granpappy: For sh*t and giggles sake, the newsroom would like to know who you think I am. Put a name out there so we can see how far off base you are.
Let's see.
Jesus Christ?

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:23 pm

Lovin: the understaffing is a big problem that we continue to tell the accountant in chief and the in over her head News Director about. They say they understand, but nothing changes. That’s why no one believes anything that comes out of their mouth. They have zero credibility.

Ron’s a good guy for helping out. The fact is there should be enough staffing where it’s not hair on fire because someone takes time off to spend with their new baby. Those are priorities that seem to escape 25-66 management. You can only run a shoestring operation until something major breaks.

As far as Neille, she boasts about her superior reporting and anchor skills EVERY TIME she proofs a script. You can actually hear eyes roll.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic