Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Breaking Cornhole News

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

Breaking Cornhole News

Post by sinklair » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:00 pm

As WNEM would put it “JUSTIN” to the Mid-Michigan Now Newsroom...

CW46 is your official home of cornhole championship coverage.

https://nbc25news.com/features/cornhole ... ir-on-cw46

I’m not sure what Bill Harris is going to talk about for two hours... but I’m sure it will be riveting. Nothing like capping off a 4-decade long journalism career like becoming a bargain basement version of a bad Saturday Night Live skit.

We don’t have enough people to cover newscasts on most days... so let’s pull even more people to produce of the accountant in chief, Assistant GM, director of Declining Sales, and the so-called research department’s pet projects.

Let’s see how many people can even find CW 46... or care. If this was truly worth the time and effort, they’d actually put it on Fox or NBC instead of infomercials.

Beerbong

Re: Breaking Cornhole News

Post by Beerbong » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:28 am

sinklair wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:00 pm
As WNEM would put it “JUSTIN” to the Mid-Michigan Now Newsroom...

CW46 is your official home of cornhole championship coverage.

https://nbc25news.com/features/cornhole ... ir-on-cw46

I’m not sure what Bill Harris is going to talk about for two hours... but I’m sure it will be riveting. Nothing like capping off a 4-decade long journalism career like becoming a bargain basement version of a bad Saturday Night Live skit.

We don’t have enough people to cover newscasts on most days... so let’s pull even more people to produce of the accountant in chief, Assistant GM, director of Declining Sales, and the so-called research department’s pet projects.

Let’s see how many people can even find CW 46... or care. If this was truly worth the time and effort, they’d actually put it on Fox or NBC instead of infomercials.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenh ... d972c37ed5

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:15 am

Thanks Beer for again defending 25-66-46... and again not addressing the question posed. Proves my point...

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:49 am

If this was such a big deal, why isn’t Sinclair owned Fox Sports Detroit airing this?

Simple... it’s not that big of an event. It is a pet project for the accountant in chief and his minions.

Quick... roll the live crews... we have a Bridge tournament breaking out at the Bay City Senior Center! Where’s Bill Harris???

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:48 am

sinklair wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:15 am
Thanks Beer for again defending 25-66-46... and again not addressing the question posed. Proves my point...
Hey Sin, You sound a lot like LOL. I’m not defending anyone.
The purpose of the link was just to show that
this has become a legit sport in the eyes of many. Nothing more, nothing less.
Last edited by Beerbong on Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:58 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:26 am
Guess this falls under “special projects.”

But seriously, this would be under the dignity of a weekend sports person to cover as a story for a sportscast.
LOL, you really shouldn’t use words like dignity or classy.
They have no meaning when used by you.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:54 pm

Beer: you are defending 25-66-46’s decision. Why?

I didn’t say corn hole wasn’t a “sport”.

I said:

The local event wasn’t big enough to justify throwing the whole kitchen including the sink into this level of a production.

That putting the show on CW doesn’t make any sense since most people won’t see it.

That Bill Harris as the show’s commentator is one of the worst “casting” decisions in the history of bad decisions made by this management team.

If this is the sports programming that 25-66-46 wants to put on, then they should turn to professionals with experience producing quality sports programming... Fox Sports Detroit... which is also owned by Sinclair.

The only reason why the station makes one bad decision after another is the ego of the guy in the corner office and his ineffective department heads who are too chicken sh*t to speak up to him.

Frame it however you want... however no one — including you Beer — will be watching this sh*t show... just like our news... which continue to go in the wrong direction. This does nothing to reverse that trend.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:29 am

Again, not defending anyone. But I must tell you, I do like 25,66,46. When you add those numbers together you get 137. That’s a nice number.
I don’t like it as much as I like the number 325, but I still like it.

Speaking of chicken sh*ts, you must be referring to yourself. You should march into the boss’s office and take one for the team! Quit relying on others!
What?
I didn’t think so.

Sin’s “whaa, whaa, whaa” response in 3,2,1.....

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:35 am

Beer: once again you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Me and others have spoken up and said this is not a good idea. But the egomaniac/accountant in chief sees himself as this programming genius that he clearly isn’t. The Assistant GM, the in over her head News Director, the Director of Declining Sales, Bill’s Kid/Chief Engineer and the “We’re in Last Place” Research Department don’t dare challenge the GM’s chase after the pennies left by 5 & 12.

This tournament is a newscast kicker or a mention in the sports block at best. To bring the entire operation (news, production, promotion and sales) to a full stop over the GM’s pet project just doesn’t make any sense.

Is this going to help us make budget? The answer is no. In fact, for the production costs we’ll be lucky to break even.

Will it help raise ratings? Nope. If it was a ratings draw, then it should be placed on NBC or Fox. We put Classy Brassy on 25-66. So it’s telling that they are putting corn hole on 46... home of the never-watched Community Wide.

If this was such a great idea, 12 & 5 would have jumped on this opportunity. That is also telling.

But again, instead of addressing the issues I laid out above, Beer ignores facts:
-That this event isn’t worth this level of production
-CW is the worst place to air this show
-Bill isn’t the right person to host it
-If the station cared about putting on a good production, they would use FSD’s help

Play games all you want Beer. I like numbers too. Here’s a number for you: 1. How about 25-66’s managers put together a comprehensive strategy to be a #1 station. These bozos can’t and won’t until Sinclair comes in and cleans house. The accountant and egomaniac in chief thinks he’s being “innovative” but he’s just proving the point that he has no idea how to grow a station and should go back to his former Marketing Consultant job of conning local businesses into buying ad time on the last place station in the market.

Oh, and if you don’t believe 25-66’s GM and his minions are monitoring the Buzzboard and posting here, I have some high value corn hole sponsorship packages to sell ya... but hurry, they’re going quick!!!

Beer’s “I’m not defending 25-66-46” defense coming in 3, 2, 1...

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:40 pm

sinklair wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:35 am
Beer: once again you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Me and others have spoken up and said this is not a good idea. But the egomaniac/accountant in chief sees himself as this programming genius that he clearly isn’t. The Assistant GM, the in over her head News Director, the Director of Declining Sales, Bill’s Kid/Chief Engineer and the “We’re in Last Place” Research Department don’t dare challenge the GM’s chase after the pennies left by 5 & 12.

This tournament is a newscast kicker or a mention in the sports block at best. To bring the entire operation (news, production, promotion and sales) to a full stop over the GM’s pet project just doesn’t make any sense.

Is this going to help us make budget? The answer is no. In fact, for the production costs we’ll be lucky to break even.

Will it help raise ratings? Nope. If it was a ratings draw, then it should be placed on NBC or Fox. We put Classy Brassy on 25-66. So it’s telling that they are putting corn hole on 46... home of the never-watched Community Wide.

If this was such a great idea, 12 & 5 would have jumped on this opportunity. That is also telling.

But again, instead of addressing the issues I laid out above, Beer ignores facts:
-That this event isn’t worth this level of production
-CW is the worst place to air this show
-Bill isn’t the right person to host it
-If the station cared about putting on a good production, they would use FSD’s help

Play games all you want Beer. I like numbers too. Here’s a number for you: 1. How about 25-66’s managers put together a comprehensive strategy to be a #1 station. These bozos can’t and won’t until Sinclair comes in and cleans house. The accountant and egomaniac in chief thinks he’s being “innovative” but he’s just proving the point that he has no idea how to grow a station and should go back to his former Marketing Consultant job of conning local businesses into buying ad time on the last place station in the market.

Oh, and if you don’t believe 25-66’s GM and his minions are monitoring the Buzzboard and posting here, I have some high value corn hole sponsorship packages to sell ya... but hurry, they’re going quick!!!

Beer’s “I’m not defending 25-66-46” defense coming in 3, 2, 1...
Wow! What a long winded response.
A simple “FU Beer” would have sufficed.

Oh well. At least it gives you a chance to work on your writing skills. We’ve discussed this in the past. And I will tell you, I have seen improvement! Keep up the good work!
Your originality seems to be lacking though. You need to work on that.

That’s about it.

Much like a toddler having a temper tantrum, I think I’ll just let you cry it out.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:50 pm

No crying here. And no foul language. I’ll leave that to others.

I appreciate the back handed compliment, though.

Thanks for playing...

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:08 pm

sinklair wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:50 pm
No crying here. And no foul language. I’ll leave that to others.

I appreciate the back handed compliment, though.

Thanks for playing...
It is truly amazing though.
You seem to possess
a crystal ball that gives you all the wisdom on how to operate a station successfully. I mean, I read the stuff you write and I say, if I didn’t know better, I might believe it. For someone as smart as you in the world of station operations, I’m surprised you’re stuck working for pennies. Why is it no one has snatched up a genius like you? There must be a reason....
Last edited by Beerbong on Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:09 pm

Beer: some things will remain a mystery to both you and I. However, one thing we can count on, I will continue to “hold the powerful accountable” within the pristine gold plated walls of 25-66’s GM’s office. Maybe one day they’ll promote me. Maybe they won’t. But when it comes to a Sinklair reign, you can bet I won’t do these Mickey Mouse (sorry to my WJRT friends) broadcasts without first righting the sinking ship on Pierson Road. My plan: fire the accountant in chief, Assistant GM, Director of Declining Sales, and the in over her head News Director. Phase 2: improve ratings which will improve revenue. Phase 3: restore staffing and increase pay. Phase 4: Build a 24-hour mid-Michigan Corn Hole station featuring the riveting back and forth from Beerpong and LovinLife101. It might be a while before I get to Phase 4, but hold tight. Okkkaaayyy?

Willie108

Post by Willie108 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:20 pm

Does anybody on here think like I do, that Beerbong, Sinklair, and LL are all the same person, on here having an argument with themselves??? I mean this stuff is great comedy, but I was just wondering.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:35 pm

“But when it comes to a Sinklair reign”.
Holy sheet! The guys delusional!
I was thinking more along the lines of dog catcher....
Last edited by Beerbong on Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic