Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Breaking Cornhole News

Miss the posts from your favorite flame artist or troll who added little to no value to the Buzzboard? Read 'em here!
lovinlife101

Re: Breaking Cornhole News

Post by lovinlife101 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:26 am

Guess this falls under “special projects.”

But seriously, this would be under the dignity of a weekend sports person to cover as a story for a sportscast.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:16 am

The reason why it’s called “corn hole” is because all the other holes were taken.

What’s next? Roller Derby and Mud Wrestling on CW46 hosted by Hotrod Harris? “And be sure to stay up late for CW46’s presentation of an All Male Revue!”

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:17 am

sinklair wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:49 am
If this was such a big deal, why isn’t Sinclair owned Fox Sports Detroit airing this?

Simple... it’s not that big of an event. It is a pet project for the accountant in chief and his minions.

Quick... roll the live crews... we have a Bridge tournament breaking out at the Bay City Senior Center! Where’s Bill Harris???
:rollin :rollin :rollin

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:24 pm

Beerbong wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:58 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:26 am
Guess this falls under “special projects.”

But seriously, this would be under the dignity of a weekend sports person to cover as a story for a sportscast.
LOL, you really shouldn’t use words like dignity or classy.
They have no meaning when used by you.
What’s the commentary going to be like?

“Here goes Cletus...and it’s in the hole! Perfect penetration! Up next, Bubba, shoots, ooh, right around the rim, and in!”

Will there be cool backstories on the competitors?

“It all started here, at this trailer. Just a redneck and a dream. What he lacks in teeth he makes up for in determination!”

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:08 am

Beerbong wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:29 am
Again, not defending anyone. But I must tell you, I do like 25,66,46. When you add those numbers together you get 137. That’s a nice number.
I don’t like it as much as I like the number 325, but I still like it.

Speaking of chicken sh*ts, you must be referring to yourself. You should march into the boss’s office and take one for the team! Quit relying on others!
What?
I didn’t think so.

Sin’s “whaa, whaa, whaa” response in 3,2,1.....
“325” huh? Guess that’s your lucky number. It just so happens to correspond to the average weight of those participating and attending this corn hole thing.

For those who don’t understand why Sinclair is doing this, it always has been and always will come down to two words: new revenue.

The butthole tournament has a “media” budget that Sinclair is blowing its load over. Sure, it might only be a few thousand bucks, but it’s “new revenue.”

I’d hate to be the janitorial staff after the salesperson locked up the deal. Nobody will be looking at those walls and ceiling the same way again.

Then, it’s a matter of staffing. I’m sure the news director-in-training might have brought up the fact that Sinclair has the least talent (figuratively and literally) in the market.

Then it’s, “Why, we don’t need anyone who currently works here to host this! Let’s pull Deputy Bill away from watching the Boston Bruins to do this! All we need is a crooked number left of the decimal point and he’ll do it!”

Done deal.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:42 pm

Beerbong wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:12 pm
sinklair wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:08 pm
It would be funny if the station wasn’t so poorly managed. The long closed Meijer is better run and has better profits than 25-66.
You forgot 46.
No he didn’t. There won’t be a 46 until after Trump’s next four years.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:09 am

“Ladies and Gentlemen, and everyone on the gender fluid and autistic spectrum, please help me welcome the host of this cornpone hootenanny. He hails from the big city of Boston Massachusetts (boooooooooo). He’s an avid fan of the Patriots, Bruins, Celtics, and Boston College (booooooooo)! He’s also an avid cop sucker, so hide the moonshine! Put your nicotine-stained hands together, for Deputy “Hot Rod” Harrrrrrrrrrrrrrris!”

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:49 am

sinklair wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:17 pm
Of course no one here probably watched the state corn hole championship on CW 46. Why would you unless you’re being forced to?

In a word, the show was embarrassing.

Bill was clearly out of his element. Craig, his commentator, was so incredibly awkward. The guy doing the interview looked like he’s never been on camera before. The graphics operator clearly didn’t know how to score the match. Hell, at the beginning, they didn’t even know that the first couple of throws were practice. Absolutely no production value was put into the show. It was the definition of a sh*t show.

I’m sure the accountant in chief and in over her head News Director are happy with this lackluster effort and all the money they conned out of Frankenmuth Credit Union to sponsor this crap.

Watching paint drying is more exciting.

Some of the best Facebook comments:
- Well, I won't need an ambien tonight.
- What next, tiddly winks world championships?

Pretty much sums it up...

I’d love to share the link to it, but the station hasn’t bothered to put this program on its website. Maybe they were too embarrassed???
Craig? Why did they use Craig?

They have a Caleb there that is more than willing to commentate and never even appear on camera.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:31 pm

sinklair wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:04 am
25-66-46 believes anyone off the street can make a good commentator. Craig K. Is a good guy, well liked. But he’s horrible on TV. He needs to stick to his day job in research. Even Bill couldn’t save this show.
So, no cornhole Emmy?

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:59 pm

sinklair wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:04 am
25-66-46 believes anyone off the street can make a good commentator. Craig K. Is a good guy, well liked. But he’s horrible on TV. He needs to stick to his day job in research. Even Bill couldn’t save this show.
Three things made up this tournament:

Balding

Beer bellies

Beards

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic