Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Useless

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
Beerbong

Useless

Post by Beerbong » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:52 pm

This forum is as useless as tits on a pig.
It serves no purpose, other than to tear apart individuals and stations. There has not been a positive post or conversation in weeks.

sinklair

Re: Useless

Post by sinklair » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:17 pm

I’ve given numerous suggestions on how to improve morale at 25-66. You just don’t like the ideas.

So, dear Beer, we should surmise that only your opinions matter??? And that 25-66 management can never do anything wrong??? And that local media is at the pinnacle of journalistic excellence with no aspirations for future growth???

I’d suggest that —instead of criticizing posters — if you want to take a different approach, simply don’t respond to the negative. You can post what you do like on local stations.

I’ll do me. You do you.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:50 pm

[quote=sinklair post

So, dear Beer, we should surmise that only your opinions matter??? And that 25-66 management can never do anything wrong??? And that local media is at the pinnacle of journalistic excellence with no aspirations for future growth???

I’d suggest that —instead of criticizing posters — if you want to take a different approach, simply don’t respond to the negative. You can post what you do like on local stations.

I’ll do me. You do you.
[/quote]

Not at all Sin, my misguided fellow poster. It’s an observation.
As far as not responding to the negative. If I did that you would be talking to yourself. I’ll always try and make you look less crazy than you are. In fact, your first exercise should be in understanding reality. You are in a market that is not getting bigger. All four stations are getting smaller. I’m not making this up, it’s a fact.
While your quest to be the worlds best journalist or photog or burger flipper is admirable, you’re just another unhappy employee that thinks their employee owes them something. Ha! Get ready to stand in a very long line.

Eagerly awaiting your retort.
Well, maybe not. I’ve heard that broken record before.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:11 pm

Once again, Beer, your ramblings don’t add up. You say the forum is “useless” (your word, not mine).

I suggest an alternative approach for you... highlighting what you like.

Then you attempt to call me a “burger flipper”...

It’s time for you to get back on your meds.

Just because the Flint-Saginaw DMA is dropping a few market sizes doesn’t mean that the quality of journalism has to suffer as well. There are many good small markets that do good work. It’s the effort put into it. It’s the standards that are upheld by all employees that leads to the overall quality.

But for Flint TV stations, it seems like garbage in, garbage out is now acceptable by those in charge. One of many reasons that I believe change needs to start at the top.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:18 am

Based on your writing skills and lack of original creativity, I was just trying to steer you to a new career path.

By the way, I had a typo in the previous post..
:lol:

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:44 am

I’m fine with my career path. Thanks though for your “concern”.

Deleted User 3751

Post by Deleted User 3751 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:51 pm

It serves no purpose, other than to tear apart individuals and stations. There has not been a positive post or conversation in weeks.
Here is something positive Beerbong just to be a little ray of hope on this board, everyone who watches local News on TV 5 should be thankful that a major market talent like Frank Turner is on the air in your market. Frank is a class act that has turned his life around to the positive, I don't think there could be a better person to take that anchor chair since the passing of Sam Merrill who was a top drawer anchor in his own right. I worked with Frank here in Detroit at WXYZ, and you won't find a more dedicated and professional person in the business. If Frank ever visits this board, I just want to say to you Frank, keep up the great work my friend.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:07 pm

Big Signal wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:51 pm
Here is something positive Beerbong just to be a little ray of hope on this board, everyone who watches local News on TV 5 should be thankful that a major market talent like Frank Turner is on the air in your market. Frank is a class act that has turned his life around to the positive, I don't think there could be a better person to take that anchor chair since the passing of Sam Merrill who was a top drawer anchor in his own right. I worked with Frank here in Detroit at WXYZ, and you won't find a more dedicated and professional person in the business. If Frank ever visits this board, I just want to say to you Frank, keep up the great work my friend.
Someone else mentioned Frank Turner earlier. Sounds like a great story.

Bdl

Post by Bdl » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:11 pm

Beerbong wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:07 pm
Big Signal wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:51 pm
Someone else mentioned Frank Turner earlier. Sounds like a great story.
I just finished his testimony....Raised From the Dead. A prime example of how Jesus can xform a life. Great read.

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:27 pm

First of all: Beerbong, If you would have started with Boar instead of pig it would have been better.
Second: Sinkliar, if you go into the GM's office and say the same things you say on here to a bunch of people who obviously don't give a shit, you may get better results. Oh and if your posting from work they probably already know!

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:27 pm

First of all: Beerbong, If you would have started with Boar instead of pig it would have been better.
Second: Sinkliar, if you go into the GM's office and say the same things you say on here to a bunch of people who obviously don't give a shit, you may get better results. Oh and if your posting from work they probably already know!

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:00 pm

Dudley wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:27 pm
Dud, you posted the same thing twice. You must have an itchy trigger finger. Pig or boar have been used in that saying over the years. Both are acceptable.
I could have also said “Tits on a nun” but that would be gauche.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:39 pm

This kind of relentless badgering comes from someone that is disgruntled. Someone with an axe to grind. They were let go, contract not renewed. An ex-employee... I highly doubt Sin still works there. He/she knows enough about the goings on to seem current.
Responding only emboldens him/her.
Friends have told me a few things that happened over the past month, that Sin would have tried to exploit in order to degrade his/her former employer, if he/she knew. But he/she doesn't seem to know anything about it. One was a Hot Chocolate bar for employees on the same day as the “parade”.
Sin blasted the parade (happens every time they have the super bowl) but said nothing about the hot chocolate., a new event. We all know how much Sin hates fun. Why didn’t he/she mention it? Cause Sin ain’t there. Someone resigned, another thing Sin would really love to rub in your face. But again nothing. Why? Cause Sin ain’t there.
Last edited by Beerbong on Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:43 pm

Beerbong wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:39 pm

This kind of relentless badgering comes from someone that is disgruntled. Someone with an axe to grind. They were let go, contract not renewed. An ex-employee... I highly doubt Sin still works there. He/she knows enough about the goings on to seem current.
Responding only emboldens him/her.
Friends have told me a few things that happens over the past month, that Sin would have tried to exploit in order to degrade his/her former employer, if he/she knew. But he/she doesn't seem to know anything about it. One was a Hot Chocolate bar for employees on the same day as the “parade”.
Sin blasted the parade (happens every time they have the super bowl) but said nothing about the hot chocolate., a new event. We all know how much Sin hates fun. Why didn’t he/she mention it? Cause Sin ain't there. Someone resigned, another thing Sin would really love to rub in your face. But again nothing. Why? Cause Sin ain’t there.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:22 pm

Beer: I like hot chocolate. It’s not distracting like a parade through the building when you’re on deadline.

Let’s be clear: I’ll choose what I criticize, who I want, and when.

You on one hand say I’m too harsh in my criticism of my employer... the next you criticize me for not blasting the station for an employee who resigned for their own reason.

You call me a disgruntled ex-employee. I’m not, but if that makes you feel better, you go girl. You say you’re a retired former worker at ABC 12, which you’re clearly not. But one thing is clear: you don’t know who I am... so just leave it at that.

Secondly, you can disagree with my approach in how I choose to advocate for better working conditions for me and the other “slobs” (as you’ve called us)... but it doesn’t change the fact that the station is in last place not because of me but because of the failed vision put in place by Sinclair and it’s hand-picked GM. The GM can blame lots of people, but at the end of the day, the buck stops with him. Until there’s a change at the top, 25-66 will continue to be a bottom feeder.

25-65 has not made any significant advancement in ratings since the Barrington days. Despite new sets, new graphics, new technology... we remain a DISTANT last place. Put on a lame rebranding campaign “Mid-Michigan Now”... and still no change. Are the reporters, photographers, producers, anchors, digital desk to blame? No, the misguided direction, constant turnover and low morale is solely the fault of management.

Dudley: I have gone to the GM, to the News Director, to the HR Director, and to the corporate Group News Director. To no avail. I’m done talking to hacks who don’t give a sh*t about it’s employees and make decisions that only benefit their bottom line when the rest of us make the lowest pay in the market despite putting on newscasts and shows on three stations. It’s BS. I’ll continue to do my best work and I’ll continue to call out management when they make bad decisions. If management doesn’t like it, I’ll tell them what Beer and Lovin have said to me... the accountant in chief, the Assistant GM, the in over her head News Director should just quit.

And you’re right that if I was using company computers or cellphones, management would know who I am. But since I’m using my own devices outside of work, they don’t know who I am... and that’s a source of frustration for them as they try to figure out who the “mole” is. Buts it’s also fun watching them try to chase their tails. If they were worth their spit, they would devote the same energy into fixing the many, many problems here.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic