Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Peewee Herman in the background

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
Beerbong

Re: Peewee Herman in the background

Post by Beerbong » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:07 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:23 pm
Many have posted about ABC12 being a Schiff show, but the award really goes to the Sinclair Facebook video reading comments about the Super Bowl halftime show.

Some dork named “Caleb” who is their “digital content producer” who apparently doubles as a photographer, is heard laughing like Peewee Herman throughout the whole segment. He’s adding his own commentary off-camera, and it’s a disaster. Watch for yourself.
On 25s Facebook? Nothing like that there.

Luke

Post by Luke » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:27 pm

I watched it. I didn't mind him at all.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:08 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:58 pm
Luke wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:27 pm
I watched it. I didn't mind him at all.
Then you’re probably not annoyed by someone following you around all day saying, “That’s what she said” after everything you say.
You are the forums judge, jury and executioner.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:31 pm

I just find reading off viewer Facebook and Twitter comments as boring. All 3 stations do this. I think the time on a local TV station social media page is better spent engaging local viewers in a discussion on local issues —not Super Bowl halftime shows.

Plus, the lighting and audio are horrible. This is part of 25-66’s brand and I’ve seen high school social media videos that look more professional than this. The GM, News Director and Chief Engineer need to clean up the presentation. This should be an easy fix... if anyone here cares.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:46 am

Producers and photographers typically don’t appear on camera.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:58 am

No, that happens all the time. It’s just rarely heard over the air. If station engineers, the News Director, anybody bothered to mic up Dave and Ahmad properly, you wouldn’t have heard Caleb.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:43 am

Lovin: the definition of “fake news”. Make stuff up that you clearly have no idea about. You “claim” to have never worked in the business so I take it you don’t know how these things work. Maybe go to Specs Howard to get some experience...

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:07 am

sinklair wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:58 am
No, that happens all the time. It’s just rarely heard over the air. If station engineers, the News Director, anybody bothered to mic up Dave and Ahmad properly, you wouldn’t have heard Caleb.
Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!
I’ve never seen a “news directed” mic anyone up, EVER. That just doesn't happen.
An engineer or production person are responsible changing the batteries in the mic and IFB packs and setting them on the desk for the anchor, that’s it. Anchors mic themselves up.
Due to the fact that there are no longer “audio positions” anywhere, the director is responsible for getting mic checks before the show starts.
This is SOP in the industry, with the exception of possibly the biggest markets in the country.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:48 am

Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!

Beer: go with the decaffinated.

There was no mic with the Facebook Live. It was fine on a station iPhone. That was the problem.

Instead of doing it the right way, which would have utilized Studio Control, a news camera, microphones... which would have resulted in better audio and lighting levels... they decided to do it “on the cheap” with a digital producer using the iPhone.

“On the cheap” is the new SOP from 25-66’s management!

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:37 am

sinklair wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:48 am
Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!

Beer: go with the decaffinated.

There was no mic with the Facebook Live. It was fine on a station iPhone. That was the problem.

Instead of doing it the right way, which would have utilized Studio Control, a news camera, microphones... which would have resulted in better audio and lighting levels... they decided to do it “on the cheap” with a digital producer using the iPhone.

“On the cheap” is the new SOP from 25-66’s management!
Don’t get your panties in a bunch Sin. I was referring to your statement about news directors and engineers placing mics on talent. It doesn’t happen. You can spin your garbage from here to New York. Doesn’t change a thing, it’s still garbage.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:41 pm

Beer: stop obsessing over my “panties”... I prefer to go commando anyway.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:05 pm

sinklair wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:41 pm
Beer: stop obsessing over my “panties”... I prefer to go commando anyway.
I wouldn't get within a mile of your panties, so no worries.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic