Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Just another f-off Friday at 25-66

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

Just another f-off Friday at 25-66

Post by sinklair » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:06 am

So it’s February sweeps. The GM and News Director have been riding our butts about the importance about focusing on putting on good newscasts, eliminating mistakes, and so on...

So as we’re getting ready for the 5&6 newscasts, what happens? The entire sales team, lead by the GM, Sales Director and Business Manager parade through the building yelling, singing, clapping —essentially being as obnoxious as possible — as they “ceremoniously deliver” the commercial logs to Master Control for Sunday’s Super Bowl.

You can’t make this sh*t up. Another example of management not getting it. They want you to focus on eliminating mistakes then do everything to distract you from doing your job.

Beerbong

Re: Just another f-off Friday at 25-66

Post by Beerbong » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:54 pm

sinklair wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:06 am
So it’s February sweeps. The GM and News Director have been riding our butts about the importance about focusing on putting on good newscasts, eliminating mistakes, and so on...

So as we’re getting ready for the 5&6 newscasts, what happens? The entire sales team, lead by the GM, Sales Director and Business Manager parade through the building yelling, singing, clapping —essentially being as obnoxious as possible — as they “ceremoniously deliver” the commercial logs to Master Control for Sunday’s Super Bowl.

You can’t make this sh*t up. Another example of management not getting it. They want you to focus on eliminating mistakes then do everything to distract you from doing your job.
Could be they also want it to be a fun environment. I get the feeling you'd rather have a boss that shoved a red hot poker up your ass all day (no response needed from LOL). They're hiring at 12! PV would make you feel right at home, and make you a better journalist, photog, producer, whatever.. All your problems would be solved, except for that union part. They dissolved the news union years ago. No sign of that ever coming back (thanks Jason Carr). But hey, you could work every shift, and you would! And sorta be part of the managers group, by taking 2 hour lunches so you don't cost the company any OT (time is money). That would turn your 8 hour day into a 10, or maybe more! Sound exciting? You could make a few bucks more each year (maybe even enough to afford therapy for your work issues). You would be working in a place that is conducive to YOUR personality, and maybe, even make friends. What? You don't want to leave where you are? You just want to stay and complain? Well then, by all means, continue....Nobody likes a quitter. It is fun watching you ramble aimlessly in this forum. If you think that what you say here will ever have any affect on your place of employment, you are delusional. I know. Sad but true. :razz
Last edited by Beerbong on Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:16 pm

There are no other options for you but to leave, which will automatically mean higher pay, better morale, and fewer complaints.
[/quote]

Possibly 1 out of 3 here.
Solid advice.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:34 am

Wrong again. But not surprising coming from 25-66’s Chief apologists.

I came to 25-66 to work at a professional news station, not at the circus. If I wanted to work at the circus, I would have applied at Beerbong, Inc.

If management really wants to improve morale, here’s a novel concept: less parades and don’t pay your workers the least in the market.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:05 am

sinklair wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:34 am
Wrong again. But not surprising coming from 25-66’s Chief apologists.

I came to 25-66 to work at a professional news station, not at the circus. If I wanted to work at the circus, I would have applied at Beerbong, Inc.

If management really wants to improve morale, here’s a novel concept: less parades and don’t pay your workers the least in the market.
So. Let’s get this straight. They had a ceremonial parade to deliver the logs for the Super Bowl to MCR. Checking with my sources, this happens every time your station has the game. My sources also say it’s a fun event and only lasts a few minutes while they walk to MCR and then leave.
I know a few people like you. They are never going to be happy, no matter what.

When you hired in to your station(s), you agreed to an employment package. I’m sure your terms of employment were laid out clearly. You had a choice at that time to accept or decline. You still have the choice to decline.
And yes! “The Beerbong Circus” IS hiring! No need to apply though. We only hire people with character.

Also. In order to be an apologist, one must apologize for something. I’ve never apologized once during our friendly back and forth. “Counterpoint” would be a better term.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:57 am

Sin, it’s obviously you really like the station you work for, or you would leave. Beating the things you like never translates into a better situation.

Herm

Post by Herm » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:03 am

sinklair wrote:

February sweeps starts in February... not January 31.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:12 am

Herm wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:03 am
sinklair wrote:

Nope. February Sweeps start on January 30th.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:29 am

sinklair wrote:

This is petty. How long could this possibly have interrupted you?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:37 am

This is petty. How long could this possibly have interrupted you?
[/quote]

Thank you!

Herm

Post by Herm » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:06 am

Beerbong wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:12 am
Herm wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:03 am
sinklair wrote:

Nope. February Sweeps start on January 30th.
Uh... you’re right.
Although, in my defense, I’m an engineer and sweeps doesn’t really matter to me. Every day is sweeps.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:55 am

Please send me your work address and your schedule. I’ll stop over and blow noise makers in your ear as you try to work next time. I’m glad people who profess not to work at 25-66 believe they are in the best position to tell those of us who do work on Pierson Road what we should believe. While I may be the most vocal about the idiotic things station management does, I am not alone. Most people choose to remain silent and wait until their contract ends while silently plotting their exit. It’s the unprofessional conduct displayed by the accountant in chief, the “ASSistant GM”, the in over her head News Director, and the married Dept Head having an affair with a married subordinate that will keep this station a distant 3rd and 4th place station.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:19 am

It’s the unprofessional conduct displayed by the accountant in chief, the “ASSistant GM”, the in over her head News Director, and the married Dept Head having an affair with a married subordinate that will keep this station a distant 3rd and 4th place station.

There you go again. Resorting to name calling won’t make it better. People having an affair? Heaven forbid! Takes two to tango! This is all irrelevant.
This kind of crap just undercuts your cause.
I’m starting to wonder if you really work there at all. Or are you just a disgruntled ex-employee that knows enough about the place to still seem on board. Everything you carp about can be easily found out through station friends and acquaintances. Hmmm.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:41 am

Beerbong wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:19 am
It’s the unprofessional conduct displayed by the accountant in chief, the “ASSistant GM”, the in over her head News Director, and the married Dept Head having an affair with a married subordinate that will keep this station a distant 3rd and 4th place station.

There you go again. Resorting to name calling won’t make it better. People having an affair? Heaven forbid! Takes two to tango! This is all irrelevant.
This kind of crap just undercuts your cause.
I’m starting to wonder if you really work there at all. Or are you just a disgruntled ex-employee that knows enough about the place to still seem on board. Everything you carp about can be easily found out through station friends and acquaintances. Hmmm.
https://youtu.be/Re72di5phM0

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:19 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:43 pm
Sinklair, you’re in an abusive work relationship.

You get emotionally beat up daily, but keep going back.

The latest F-Off Friday parade illustrates that. While they were setting off confetti cannons in your face, beating their tambourines, and being basically a-holes, you were dying inside. You say you desire something else, but keep getting disappointed.

Every time you get beat up and people tell you to leave you’re all like, “But he loves me! I’m the one that makes him angry! Nobody else will love me!”

It’s time. Sever this relationship for your own sanity.
Just because Sin doesn’t like fun activities at work, doesn’t make people who do assholes. He seems to have a very pompous view of how things should be in “his” work environment. All work and no play make Sinklair. I swear, 12 would be a perfect fit for him. He would flourish there. No fun in sight at 12, EVER. People just keeping their heads down to stay off the GMs radar.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic