Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Just another f-off Friday at 25-66

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
Grimmit

Re: Just another f-off Friday at 25-66

Post by Grimmit » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:10 pm

Sinklair, your station sounds like a soap opera. Tell us what happens next.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:27 pm

Grimmit wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:10 pm
Sinklair, your station sounds like a soap opera. Tell us what happens next.
I know! One 25 to Live. Starring your favorite disgruntle person, Sinklair! In our next episode, Sinklair is depressed because they ate lunch without him. "Its because of bad management and the person having an affair!" Be sure to tune in tomorrow when Sinklair is heard to say, "I hate fun!" Cue the music, fade to black.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:34 pm

Hey Beer, you sound like one of the managers at 25-66 who likes to make excuses instead of taking responsibility for the decisions that have made the station the bottom feeder in the market.

And Lovin sounds like Mark T.

You see, we can play this game all day long.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... e72di5phM0

If, as you say I’m in an “abusive” work relationship, then I would suggest you stop piling on the person you say is the victim and start addressing the real problems at .25-66. Like I said, many of my coworkers work hard in very difficult circumstances to put on the best newscasts and stories we can with one —sometimes both — hands tied behind our backs.

I would love to have time for lunch. We’re “required” to mark down that we took a lunch. Another issue that’s been brought to management’s attention that essentially we’re forced to work off the clock and not get paid — only to be told that it’s our fault that we’re not working fast enough.

Contrary to Beer who lives to blame others, I don’t dislike fun. But I take pride in my work and believe managers have a responsibility to support workers and give them the resources to do their best work. Not the Sinclair model if just blaming workers for bad decisions like conservative commentaries, lame rebranding gimmicks, and so on.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:03 pm

sinklair wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:34 pm
Hey Beer, you sound like one of the managers at 25-66 who likes to make excuses instead of taking responsibility for the decisions that have made the station the bottom feeder in the market.

And Lovin sounds like Mark T.

You see, we can play this game all day long.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... e72di5phM0

If, as you say I’m in an “abusive” work relationship, then I would suggest you stop piling on the person you say is the victim and start addressing the real problems at .25-66. Like I said, many of my coworkers work hard in very difficult circumstances to put on the best newscasts and stories we can with one —sometimes both — hands tied behind our backs.

I would love to have time for lunch. We’re “required” to mark down that we took a lunch. Another issue that’s been brought to management’s attention that essentially we’re forced to work off the clock and not get paid — only to be told that it’s our fault that we’re not working fast enough.

Contrary to Beer who lives to blame others, I don’t dislike fun. But I take pride in my work and believe managers have a responsibility to support workers and give them the resources to do their best work. Not the Sinclair model if just blaming workers for bad decisions like conservative commentaries, lame rebranding gimmicks, and so on.
Blah,blah,blah. Hey Beer, you sound like a manager. Me,me,me,me,me. I,I,I,I,I,I. Your schtick is getting old.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:38 pm

If you ever want to achieve your goal of more money, you have to be part of the solution.
What you’re doing is sowing the seed of discontent in your house.
If moving the numbers is what it will take to increase pay, you’re setting a poor example
for your peers that see this conflict. It’s going to take a dedicated “team” (God I hate that term), but you are undermining any chance for success. I don’t give a shit one way or another. And I know you could care less what I think, but there it is.

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:58 pm

I find it comical when someone will sit in a pile of shit and complain! Get your ass up and go or STFU!

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:56 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:04 pm
Beerbong wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:19 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:43 pm
Sinklair, you’re in an abusive work relationship.

You get emotionally beat up daily, but keep going back.

The latest F-Off Friday parade illustrates that. While they were setting off confetti cannons in your face, beating their tambourines, and being basically a-holes, you were dying inside. You say you desire something else, but keep getting disappointed.

Every time you get beat up and people tell you to leave you’re all like, “But he loves me! I’m the one that makes him angry! Nobody else will love me!”

It’s time. Sever this relationship for your own sanity.
Just because Sin doesn’t like fun activities at work, doesn’t make people who do assholes.
Let’s call a spade a spade. Anyone who participates in a parade at work is an a-hole and a practicing homosexual.
How do you respond to that logic?

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:13 pm

For one, ignore Lovin when he clearly makes an off-topic homosexual reference. It’s not worth your time.

To address the topic. Beer: you claim money isn’t part of the equation. I say it is. You invest in what’s important. I’d say the biggest part of what will make a difference is 25-66’s ability to recruit and keep good journalists. However, management has taken every opportunity to cut this past year. That’s why we are in the dire straights that we are. Sinclair (the conservative broadcaster) and it’s hand picked management team is driving 25-66 into the ground. It’s not my criticism that got us here, it’s their poor decision making.

For those of you who say “just leave”, it’s not that simple. Sinclair has some of the most restrictive contract language in the business. They force you to pay “liquidated damages” to the tune of thousands of dollars. If you choose to fight it, they force you into arbritration where the deck is stacked against you. And if you do succeed, non-compete clauses mean you have to leave the market and can’t work in any of the 70+ markets where Sinclair produces news. Don’t believe me? Ask any of the recent 25-66 departures where management refused to waive damages and/or non-competes.

I have my reasons for wanting to work in the Flint market. I do a good job. And I’m not going to be quiet for the sake of managers who have the power to make improvements to benefit workers but choose not to do so. So I give them this option: fix it or you’ll continue to have me and other workers who will continue to voice our concerns in ways they clearly do not like.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:30 pm

sinklair wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:13 pm
For one, ignore Lovin when he clearly makes an off-topic homosexual reference. It’s not worth your time.

To address the topic. Beer: you claim money isn’t part of the equation. I say it is. You invest in what’s important. I’d say the biggest part of what will make a difference is 25-66’s ability to recruit and keep good journalists. However, management has taken every opportunity to cut this past year. That’s why we are in the dire straights that we are. Sinclair (the conservative broadcaster) and it’s hand picked management team is driving 25-66 into the ground. It’s not my criticism that got us here, it’s their poor decision making.

For those of you who say “just leave”, it’s not that simple. Sinclair has some of the most restrictive contract language in the business. They force you to pay “liquidated damages” to the tune of thousands of dollars. If you choose to fight it, they force you into arbritration where the deck is stacked against you. And if you do succeed, non-compete clauses mean you have to leave the market and can’t work in any of the 70+ markets where Sinclair produces news. Don’t believe me? Ask any of the recent 25-66 departures where management refused to waive damages and/or non-competes.

I have my reasons for wanting to work in the Flint market. I do a good job. And I’m not going to be quiet for the sake of managers who have the power to make improvements to benefit workers but choose not to do so. So I give them this option: fix it or you’ll continue to have me and other workers who will continue to voice our concerns in ways they clearly do not like.
While this is your most lucid response to date, you are poisoning the minds of the very people you hope to help. It’s easy to get people to pull back by pointing out what you believe is wrong, and tearing your house down. It’s hard to get people to work for a common good (moving the numbers). It has to start in the trenchs. If people give up because they see no other option, you will never make your goal. Moving the numbers is the only way.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:31 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:23 pm
Beerbong wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:56 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:04 pm
Beerbong wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:19 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:43 pm
Sinklair, you’re in an abusive work relationship.

You get emotionally beat up daily, but keep going back.

The latest F-Off Friday parade illustrates that. While they were setting off confetti cannons in your face, beating their tambourines, and being basically a-holes, you were dying inside. You say you desire something else, but keep getting disappointed.

Every time you get beat up and people tell you to leave you’re all like, “But he loves me! I’m the one that makes him angry! Nobody else will love me!”

It’s time. Sever this relationship for your own sanity.
Just because Sin doesn’t like fun activities at work, doesn’t make people who do assholes.
Let’s call a spade a spade. Anyone who participates in a parade at work is an a-hole and a practicing homosexual.
How do you respond to that logic?
Name one person who has ever been in a parade and acted straight. I rest my case.
Instead of resting your case, get back on your meds.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:36 pm

I think 101 is right. Sinklair needs to quit for their own sanity.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:24 pm

Audio: quitting also results in a breach of contract where the GM and Sinclair Legal going after the employee for liquidated damages and enforcing the non-compete. There needs to be significant changes that evens out the work relationship preventing these type of contracts that prevent employers from leveling thousands of dollars of fines and then preventing employees from seeking unrestricted new employment. Other states ban this activity. Now it’s time for Michigan to do the same.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:32 pm

So you're pulling a Sandra Bullock (like in 2-Weeks Notice) hoping they fire you, IE for posting on a messageboard? It might work, she ended up marrying the boss. :lol

I agree with 101, cross it off and initial it, and photocopy it. If they won't accept your changes, then walk.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:00 pm

Focus...

This has NOTHING to do with agents or Dave Bondy (get the spelling right).

Gray and Meredith also have similar clauses in their contracts. So before you criticize employees for signing contracts with these provisions, there are very few options. Which is why I’ve called on changes in state law and/or union representation to help even the playing field for employees.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:11 pm

Cross it off before signing.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic