Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Breaking the News

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

Breaking the News

Post by sinklair » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:29 pm

Things have gotten so bad inside 25-66 that the station couldn’t cover a car crash literally on their front lawn. Go to the Mid-Michigan NOW Facebook page to see the promotions team’s attempt to cover the story. I guess they don’t teach promotions about audio since you see the “Assistant GM” interview a law enforcement officer but can’t hear him. I guess we don’t need journalists anymore when you can just send anyone out to cover local news. That’s the GM’s new attempt to cut costs?!?!

sinklair

Re: Breaking the News

Post by sinklair » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:52 pm

Part meddling by the promotions Director, part “I don’t give a f***” by the GM, and part no respect being shown to the news director. In all, that adds up to horrible morale inside Pierson Road.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:46 am

Nine hours. We’re forced to include a one hour unpaid lunch break... despite that no one has time to actually get a break. Another issue that the GM, News Director and HR Director refuse to address.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:13 am

The 25-66 Promotions Director thinks that because she took classes at Specs Howard that she’s the next Walter Cronkite. She sees nothing wrong with her playing a breaking news journalist. It would be nice if she actually figured out how to promote the station to increase ratings. But she’s buds with the GM so her incompetence will only get rewarded. God help us all...

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:28 pm

sinklair wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:29 pm
Things have gotten so bad inside 25-66 that the station couldn’t cover a car crash literally on their front lawn. Go to the Mid-Michigan NOW Facebook page to see the promotions team’s attempt to cover the story. I guess they don’t teach promotions about audio since you see the “Assistant GM” interview a law enforcement officer but can’t hear him. I guess we don’t need journalists anymore when you can just send anyone out to cover local news. That’s the GM’s new attempt to cut costs?!?!
This has a distant bystander quality to it. Kinda works for this situation. You get the whole story. Slippery roads, car flips over, person yacks with official, car is righted, all is good. A visual story.
I get the feeling you’re only happy if you're whining.
You might try "getting your bib on" once in a while. You might be less frustrated.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:36 am

It’s just raw video from a crash scene.
Nothing confusing about it at all.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:17 am

It was a bit long, just the way you like it, but other than that it was fine for Facebook.
While some complained about the sound, most comments were about bad drivers and slowing down in bad conditions. Over 22k views. All you and Sin?

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:16 am

Pay us? Do you have a mouse in your pocket?

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:23 am

Pocket pools not my thing. Get back on your meds. You're startin to slip again.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:33 am

Even for Beer’s standards, this is a ridiculous argument.

Facebook doesn’t mean it has lesser journalistic standards than your broadcast. Social media is an extension of our brand. We should be putting out our best effort on Facebook, Twitter, etc. each and every day. Bad audio and sloppy camera work by non-news professions on Facebook are just as bad as wrong graphics in a newscast, a wrong camera punched up by a director or an up cut commercial in master control.

It is an unacceptable standard that has seemed to become “the new norm” under the same lame management team that brought you “Mid-Michigan NOW!”

If it’s news, assign a professional news crew to cover it. If it’s not news, then it probably shouldn’t be on the station’s Facebook page. However, it now seems wannabe journalists now get their start at last place 25-66.

You act like 22k views is something to be proud of... sometimes they’re just watching the train wreck.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:45 am

I stand corrected. You're right. All those viewers must have clicked just to watch the "train wreck".

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:55 am

Finally... someone on the Buzzboard admits they were wrong!

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:10 am

While the Facebook post might not be up to standards, as a viewer of the morning and 6pm show, I find your news to be more informative than 12. You also cover a lot more counties than they do. 25 does better live shots and more of them.
Along with better weather and sports.
Crying foul over a Facebook post-much ado about nothing.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic